Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: Murph] #229243 03/31/14 06:37 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Fix it this way, get rid of the HS divsion and go back to 16U.

How many HS Seniors was there this weekend? I know some were there but probably not many.

We made all this change and cause the big $k#t storm for a handful of kids.

Then we lose half of them to an out of state event (RMN or VB) that cuts it even lower.

Is it purely money driven to get more entry fees and admission why the HS are catered too so much?

My boy is in HS and so it does impact me.

The HS kids that want to keep wrestling will find somehwere to go between HS and FS/Greco

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: Teamroper] #229244 03/31/14 06:40 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Teamroper
Then we lose half of them to an out of state event (RMN or VB)

None were lost to the RMN.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: Murph] #229246 03/31/14 06:57 PM
roughly Offline OP
OP Offline
Just GOTTA love the whiners who just want so badly to be offended. My post was not calling anybody out, as much as you so badly want it to be so you can try to suppress an opinion!

I offered congratulations! Perhaps some of the REAL whiners misread my post? SOME Whiners want to take it as "misconduct", and in keeping with the times, some are clawing and scratching and trying to find some reason to take offense! PLEASE! Your whining won't work with me, Not EVER! I made NO attack of young wrestlers at ALL! Don't try to shape my post into what you want sooo badly to be "misconduct" so you can claim victory by suppressing an opinion you don't like!

I don't get concerned about threats. Believe it!

You don't like an anonymous poster, then delete this and suppress an opinion you just don't want to hear! We have PLENTY of that these days everywhere you look! You hyper-sensitive types are an amusing lot to be sure!

You MIGHT be surprised to know that I personally have no issue with HS-14's wrestling in Kids-14u! DUH! Their 14! EVEN IF they placed 1st in HS!!! They should be able to chose either in my opinion! Having said that, It might be an interesting question to ask what was the reasoning a HS'er (be it them, parents, or coaches) made the choice to go 14, and wrestle at least some season-long 14u's, and not HS at KIDS? Just a question. I understand for some it might be an uncomfortable question, but that's all it is, just a question.

Last edited by rough; 03/31/14 06:59 PM.

Rob Roughly
Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: Chief Renegade] #229248 03/31/14 07:24 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Originally Posted By: Teamroper
Then we lose half of them to an out of state event (RMN or VB)

None were lost to the RMN.

This year, only due to a Bylaw stretching.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: roughly] #229250 03/31/14 08:05 PM
M
Murph Offline
M
Originally Posted By: rough
Just GOTTA love the whiners who just want so badly to be offended. My post was not calling anybody out, as much as you so badly want it to be so you can try to suppress an opinion!

I offered congratulations! Perhaps some of the REAL whiners misread my post? SOME Whiners want to take it as "misconduct", and in keeping with the times, some are clawing and scratching and trying to find some reason to take offense! PLEASE! Your whining won't work with me, Not EVER! I made NO attack of young wrestlers at ALL! Don't try to shape my post into what you want sooo badly to be "misconduct" so you can claim victory by suppressing an opinion you don't like!

I don't get concerned about threats. Believe it!

You don't like an anonymous poster, then delete this and suppress an opinion you just don't want to hear! We have PLENTY of that these days everywhere you look! You hyper-sensitive types are an amusing lot to be sure!

You MIGHT be surprised to know that I personally have no issue with HS-14's wrestling in Kids-14u! DUH! Their 14! EVEN IF they placed 1st in HS!!! They should be able to chose either in my opinion! Having said that, It might be an interesting question to ask what was the reasoning a HS'er (be it them, parents, or coaches) made the choice to go 14, and wrestle at least some season-long 14u's, and not HS at KIDS? Just a question. I understand for some it might be an uncomfortable question, but that's all it is, just a question.

I count 7 other posters before mine that also appeared to read your post as sarcasm or criticism of the decision to wrestle 14U, not sincere congratulations about success at State. The very first one was laughing out loud about it. What was there to laugh about if you were offering congratulations? You did nothing to correct this interpretation of your post. If I am wrong, I owe you an apology. I don’t think I am wrong.

I am surprised to hear your alleged opinion. But I don’t think it’s sincere. I think it’s someone trying to dig his way out of a corner for sarcastically insulting some kids instead of challenging adults.

Frankly, I think this issue is fine for debate among the adults. You could have criticized the fact we let this occur all you want and I would have said nothing. I really don’t care if people don’t like H.S wrestling 14U. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I see it both ways, but ultimately you have to choose one.

But attacking the kids is wrong and cowardly.

Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: Murph] #229251 03/31/14 08:20 PM
Mike Dipman Offline
I don't think you owe him or her a apology. I read it the same way you did as I think most of us who read it did. And I thought it was a rule to post your name if you were calling people out.

Mike Dipman

Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: Mike Dipman] #229252 03/31/14 08:22 PM
Mike Dipman Offline
Rough?

Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: Murph] #229253 03/31/14 08:30 PM
roughly Offline OP
OP Offline
Quit trying to insinuate that I am attacking kids! I DID NOT!

I'm not IN a corner, and i have NOTHING to try to dig out of!

So NOW its my job to correct the interpretations of people? NOT!

You don't owe me an apology and I care about ZERO what you or your kind think about ANYTHING!

Love the faux magnanimity! ('You could have criticized the fact we let this occur all you want and I would have said nothing'). Wait, wouldn't that be "attacking kids"? I'm sure even THAT would have been shaped and molded into some "attack" claim as well. Its exhausting trying to keep up with you hyper-sensitive types!

Rob Roughly
Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: Mike Dipman] #229254 03/31/14 08:32 PM
roughly Offline OP
OP Offline
Didn't call anybody out. Murphy did though, and he supplied his name. Again, this is just a tool to suppress opinion's you hyper-sensitive types don't want to read/hear!

Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: roughly] #229255 03/31/14 08:38 PM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
IF you are so confident in the fact you were not insulting or trying to stir $h!t up with your first post, then post your name. You should have nothing to hide behind. Like I said before I don’t care either way on this subject. But the fact I posted is that many very good HS wrestlers got beat in 14U by 8th graders.

Lance Geyer

Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: roughly] #229256 03/31/14 08:41 PM
Mike Dipman Offline
Sounds like your the one that got your feathers ruffled. Talk about sensitive ! You ok ?

Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: roughly] #229257 03/31/14 09:03 PM
M
Murph Offline
M
Originally Posted By: rough
Didn't call anybody out. Murphy did though, and he supplied his name. Again, this is just a tool to suppress opinion's you hyper-sensitive types don't want to read/hear!

Rough,

If you were congratulating them and you are not criticizing the decision for H.S. to wrestle 14U, exactly what opinion “do I not like?” What opinion were you expressing in your initial post that I “don’t want to hear?” Giving congratulations to young men is not expressing an opinion. I think your attempt at a defense reveals your true intent!

Isn’t this kind of like the scene from “A Few Good Men” when Tom Crusie’s character, Lt. Kaffee, cross-examines Coronel Jessup and asks if you didn’t order the code red, why was there a reason to ship Private Santiago off the base?

I agree it must be exhausting for you to keep up, but it’s only because you clearly were trying to express your opinion that H.S. should not wrestle 14. You think I disagree with this opinion and you think I am trying to suppress it.

And I can’t help but think that many people reading this post will be laughing to hear me described as a hyper-sensitive type. I guess I will go curl up on the bear skin rug I shot in Alaska with my personalized photos from the last 3 Republican presidential candidates and my Wayne LaPierre autographed hat from when I saw him and Charlton Heston (all of which really exist and in my basement) and meditate a little bit.

Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: Murph] #229258 03/31/14 09:34 PM
Cokeley Offline
This argument reaches far beyond the age grouping discussion. Coach Wally pointed out the 6th and 5th graders...That is not an apples to apples argument. Right back at you coach... If you don't think your HS program is preparing kids at a greater level than the majority of kids programs in Kansas then you should resign and let someone else take over. If you don't think that wrestling older kids, most the time a FULL age group up, practicing five days a week, and the other intangible benefits of being a HS wrestler for a season, then you should never post on this forum again or you should be trying to get the HS coach in your area fired. There is a VAST difference between the MAJORITY of kids clubs and a high school program. This is a fact and is really not open for argument.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: Cokeley] #229262 03/31/14 09:49 PM
B
bradbee Offline
B
If that is a fact Will, and I believe it is...than high school athletes have no business at kids club state. We need to do away with high school division and make athletes ineligible when they reach high school.....or just let everyone wrestle the age group they are in, can't have out both ways

Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: bradbee] #229266 03/31/14 10:28 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
The only two times my son made Kids' State was when he was on the under side of the age group - 11 and 13. It wasn't as much the wrestlers a year ahead of him but the ones a year behind him that were a pain in the shorts. His Junior year, four Freshman filled up the top four places in his State bracket. I don't think that it is fair to make Juniors and Seniors wrestle Freshman in High School:=}

Lee Girard
Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: bradbee] #229268 03/31/14 11:21 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: bradbee
If that is a fact Will, and I believe it is...than high school athletes have no business at kids club state. We need to do away with high school division and make athletes ineligible when they reach high school.....or just let everyone wrestle the age group they are in, can't have out both ways

You get no argument from me... Write up your proposal and email it to the appropriate board as outlined in the Bylaws.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: L.Geyer] #229269 03/31/14 11:36 PM
C
Coach Prieto Offline
C
Choice!! This is America and its a choice people have and will continue making to wrestle their age bracket, wrestle up or wrestle in "out of state events"! Get over it! Personally, my son will continue (if we get the invite) to wrestle in the RMN and else where he chooses! Kids are put in no win situations and I'll explain! If a high school state placer wrestles down and wins then people get on here and criticize them because they are older and should win! If they wrestle down and get beat they are still criticized for losing to a younger kid! These are kids that are doing something they love! Let us be the adults and support and applaud them no matter their age!!

Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: Coach Prieto] #229270 03/31/14 11:53 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: Coach Prieto
Choice!! This is America and its a choice people have and will continue making to wrestle their age bracket, wrestle up or wrestle in "out of state events"! Get over it! Personally, my son will continue (if we get the invite) to wrestle in the RMN and else where he chooses! Kids are put in no win situations and I'll explain! If a high school state placer wrestles down and wins then people get on here and criticize them because they are older and should win! If they wrestle down and get beat they are still criticized for losing to a younger kid! These are kids that are doing something they love! Let us be the adults and support and applaud them no matter their age!!

Not going to EVER agree or even agree to disagree on this one. Once you have placed at KSHSAA state you have no business wrestling 14U. I don't really think ANY HS wrestler should but I do understand that some kids don't start until they are FR or they are on JV and don't get the competition. That is the compromise I would reluctantly concede.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: Coach Prieto] #229271 04/01/14 12:25 AM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
Coach Prieto,
I am not sure why you directed this post toward me, or even it was suppose to be toward me. I have no problem with RMN. I am one of your sons biggest fans, as I follow his accomplishments throughout the year. As I said multiple times before on this thread it makes me no difference to me either way where HS 14yr olds wrestle. I simply said before and I will say it again. There were some very good HS varsity wrestlers get beat by 8th grade kids this year in the 14U, so it is hard to say that they were running from the competition when they went to 14U.

Lance Geyer

Last edited by L.Geyer; 04/01/14 12:26 AM.
Re: Congrats at KS State Kids [Re: L.Geyer] #229272 04/01/14 01:01 AM
J. Dale Offline
Hey here's an idea. Why don't we do away with everything over 14U and put in a 6U age group. High school kids have their state, it's the last weekend in February. Every year the 6U kids (which last time I checked had alot more in it than the HS division at the club level) work their butts off all year long and get screwed by having to wrestle up to 8U at qualifiers. Let the HS kids be done after February so that they can start FS/Greco or better yet go watch the NCAA's since this is the level that alot of these kids want to get to. How do they know what to expect if they can't go watch it.

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 179 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)