Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How?? #233383 02/03/15 03:55 PM
R
RightCall Offline OP
OP Offline
R
How is Nick Lucas From Pratt not in the 4A rankings at 120?? He's beat quite a few ranked kids including 321A's number 1 ranked guy all the way to 6A's number 6 ranked guy (Twice in the same day!)... can anyone help me understand this?

Last edited by RightCall; 02/03/15 03:57 PM.

"Don't complain, Wrestle."
Re: How?? [Re: RightCall] #233384 02/03/15 04:07 PM
RJW1 Offline
I will give it a try. . . Has he beaten any of these guys or anyone who has beaten one of these guys? If he has, point that out and I bet the rankers will make a change.

Corbin Nirschl 10 BASEHOR-LINWOOD
Collin Wallar 11 BONNER SPRINGS
Case Pemberton 12 PRAIRIE VIEW
Bryce Erickson 10 SANTA FE TRAIL
Emmanuel Browne 11 SUMNER ACADEMY
Aaron Avelar 12 GOODLAND

I'm not saying he will not place at State, but does he have criteria over one of the guys listed above. That is what rankings are based on! Now, as we all know, that system is often wrong and guys make the podium who were not ranked and ranked guys fail to place every year!

It will all work out in a few weeks! After all, a wise man once said, "Don't complain, Wrestle."

Rick Williams
Colby High School
Re: How?? [Re: RJW1] #233386 02/03/15 04:13 PM
A
abstokes Offline
A
That helps a lot, Aaron Avelar has beat a guy who's beat Lucas also.. So excuse me while I go take my foot out of my mouth, Good day.

Re: How?? [Re: RightCall] #233387 02/03/15 04:14 PM
BJobe Offline
120 is a tough weight. Lucas is very close to the rankings, but hasn't cracked them yet.

#1: Returning State Champ
#2: Wins over #3 and #5
#3: Returning state placer, win over #4
#4: 1 match from placing last season, win over #6, Common opponent over Lucas (Wichita South)
#5: Returning state placer
#6: Common opponent over Lucas (Maize South)

Last edited by BJobe; 02/03/15 04:15 PM.
Re: How?? [Re: BJobe] #233399 02/03/15 09:48 PM
O
onthematt Offline
O
"He's beat quite a few ranked kids including 321A's number 1 ranked guy all the way to 6A's number 6 ranked guy (Twice in the same day!)"

Correct me if Im wrong but he JUST beat the 6A kid this weekend before the new rankings even had a chance to come out.

I never can understand why people put so much merit in the rankings. You come on here question why Nicks not ranked throw out a couple matches that from what I could see were at best close and " complain" as to why he's not ranked yet .
Just wrestle!!! 120 is probably one of the hardest weight classes in the state. Many of those kids have consistently beat top ranked guys and earned their spot and they aren't focused on rankings they are focused on getting better. If he's as good as you think he is he will show it at state in the matches where it counts. What happen to just wrestling for self respect and love of the sport. If the only way you can believe you are good is to be ranked based off one mans opinion who did not see the matches ( only scores) which often times are not indicative of the actual match then maybe you and are focused on the wrong thing. Focus on getting better and what you can control which is your wrestling. If you do that then what he's ranked or not rank today wont matter…
It will take care of itself!

Re: How?? [Re: onthematt] #233405 02/03/15 11:41 PM
PatrickCavanaugh Offline
Suggestion... worry about the rankings in March. Until then, there alot more fun for those of us not wrestling then those of them that are. Cream rises to the top. And as far as toughest weight classes, I haven't seen all class 106 as tough as it is this year ever.

Patrick Cavanaugh
785-249-3440
Re: How?? [Re: RightCall] #233407 02/04/15 12:44 AM
J
JFS Offline
J
Don't worry about the rankings most of the time they are a joke 4a wanted to rank my son 5th what did he do about that went undefeated for the season and pinned his way through regionals and state after putting up nearly a 100 points first

Re: How?? [Re: onthematt] #233419 02/04/15 03:31 AM
R
RightCall Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: onthematt
"He's beat quite a few ranked kids including 321A's number 1 ranked guy all the way to 6A's number 6 ranked guy (Twice in the same day!)"

Correct me if Im wrong but he JUST beat the 6A kid this weekend before the new rankings even had a chance to come out.

I never can understand why people put so much merit in the rankings. You come on here question why Nicks not ranked throw out a couple matches that from what I could see were at best close and " complain" as to why he's not ranked yet .
Just wrestle!!! 120 is probably one of the hardest weight classes in the state. Many of those kids have consistently beat top ranked guys and earned their spot and they aren't focused on rankings they are focused on getting better. If he's as good as you think he is he will show it at state in the matches where it counts. What happen to just wrestling for self respect and love of the sport. If the only way you can believe you are good is to be ranked based off one mans opinion who did not see the matches ( only scores) which often times are not indicative of the actual match then maybe you and are focused on the wrong thing. Focus on getting better and what you can control which is your wrestling. If you do that then what he's ranked or not rank today wont matter…
It will take care of itself!

Onthematt...Unlike you I have no affiliation what so ever to any kids in the state of Kansas. I am here by mere career opportunity and have taken to wrestling being an Ohio state champion and college wrestler. I go to tournaments and track the best kids in the state out of interest to the sport alone. I had a question and it was answered and I took the answer like a man. So as for complaining, you're wrong sir. Simply stating what I saw and got a very well explanation. But I do appreciate your comment, someone has to create drama.

Re: How?? [Re: RightCall] #233436 02/04/15 08:54 PM
L
luellen Offline
L
If you have criteria that is relevant then post it. The rankers will change the rankings if they missed something. Opinions are not relevant criteria. Chief has stated this many times. Opinions do not change rankings. Facts will.

If a wrestler is ranked to low its to his advantage in my opinion. The wrestler with the inflated ranking is the one that will suffer the most. The under ranked wrestler is just looking for that over ranked wrestler with a bullseye on his chest wink

Last edited by luellen; 02/04/15 08:55 PM.

Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
Re: How?? [Re: luellen] #233445 02/05/15 03:40 AM
B
Brent Lane Offline
B
Lucas is a stud in a crowded weight, it will all shake out.

"If it is to be, it is up to me!"
Re: How?? [Re: abstokes] #233448 02/05/15 01:13 PM
R
RightCall Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: abstokes
That helps a lot, Aaron Avelar has beat a guy who's beat Lucas also.. So excuse me while I go take my foot out of my mouth, Good day.

LOL, I just saw this! AB you're a jerk!! Yes, I'm always taking my foot out of my mouth! All of this "120 is stacked" talk is getting me excited. Maybe I'll be in attendance at 4A State this year.

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 205 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)