Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Colt Strong] #238432 01/06/16 03:38 PM
Colt Strong Offline
No matter how you sound it out, I do not understand how you can say that WNW and WSo. should be ranked higher than CHS. Did they not have their varsity lineups wrestling at Carroll? Are those kids just going to stop holding back at state? I don't know what coach is telling their kids to hold back until state.

Last edited by Colt Strong; 01/06/16 03:39 PM.

Sean Phillips, CSCS

CAMPUS HIGH SCHOOL:
Strength & Conditioning
Football
Wrestling

#coltstrong
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Colt Strong] #238435 01/06/16 03:43 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Colt Strong
How do you know they aren't likely to place? They are currently winning. You had 2 guys at the same school ranked in the same Weight. That is super biased. Can you post your criteria? All I see is "well this guy would PROBABLY place higher, can we rank kids on what they are currently doing and not what they have done in years past? At one point in some Kansas rankings, I saw losing records... I'm sure they are over .500 now, however.... You get my point.

How about you give us the weights you think he has wrong with them corrected and reasons why the corrections.

I may not always agree with the Chief, but his though processes are typically pretty sound. If someone you are challenging about has beat one of the ranked kids, lets hear that and when, or if that same kids beat a kid that beat a ranked kid again another example of back up or documentation if you will.

I know there kid ranked on there that has lost several matches, but to some very tough out of state kids.

Quit throwing darts and state your case for the kid(s) in question, my bet is you don't have one therefore you talk in generalities.

Disclaimer: this is not the Chief or directed by the Chief I somewhat still dislike his thoughts on a few topics. this post was not paid for any the Chief, although I will accept anything he is willing to throw may way.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Teamroper] #238436 01/06/16 03:58 PM
Colt Strong Offline
Look up the Carroll team results, case and point. Northwest and South were beaten badly. They should be ranked behind CHS. I do not need to go to deep into the brackets to realize it doesn't make sense. I am just curious what the criteria is, Seems like a guess. I am not attacking anyone, I am looking for actual clarification.

Last edited by Colt Strong; 01/06/16 04:01 PM.

Sean Phillips, CSCS

CAMPUS HIGH SCHOOL:
Strength & Conditioning
Football
Wrestling

#coltstrong
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Teamroper] #238437 01/06/16 04:03 PM
Colt Strong Offline
132- Brycen Shroeder placed higher than Brock. ... How about that for one.

Originally Posted By: Teamroper
How do you know they aren't likely to place? They are currently winning. You had 2 guys at the same school ranked in the same Weight. That is super biased. Can you post your criteria? All I see is "well this guy would PROBABLY place higher, can we rank kids on what they are currently doing and not what they have done in years past? At one point in some Kansas rankings, I saw losing records... I'm sure they are over .500 now, however.... You get my point.

How about you give us the weights you think he has wrong with them corrected and reasons why the corrections.

I may not always agree with the Chief, but his though processes are typically pretty sound. If someone you are challenging about has beat one of the ranked kids, lets hear that and when, or if that same kids beat a kid that beat a ranked kid again another example of back up or documentation if you will.

I know there kid ranked on there that has lost several matches, but to some very tough out of state kids.

Quit throwing darts and state your case for the kid(s) in question, my bet is you don't have one therefore you talk in generalities.

Disclaimer: this is not the Chief or directed by the Chief I somewhat still dislike his thoughts on a few topics. this post was not paid for any the Chief, although I will accept anything he is willing to throw may way.

Sean Phillips, CSCS

CAMPUS HIGH SCHOOL:
Strength & Conditioning
Football
Wrestling

#coltstrong
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Colt Strong] #238438 01/06/16 04:15 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Weekend tournament have little to no relevance in State Tournament finishes.

Case in point: Andale has finsihed behind us (Buhler) in the Pratt tournament in team points.

Will that be the case in state, more than likely not. they have 3-4 kids that will more than likely collect alot of points at state.

Meaning that the rest of their roster might be weak or even open and we (Buhler) had collected alot of points at that tournament that we wouldn't get at state.

I am pretty sure that the formula for state was posted.

Average weekend results, even with same class teams there are irrelevant because eveyone is earning points at those tournaments, not just the ones that qualify for state.

Why is that hard to understand?

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Colt Strong] #238440 01/06/16 04:22 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
132- Brycen Shroeder placed higher than Brock. ... How about that for one.

I would agree with you that would change both the team and the individual rankings, if they would have wrestled each other. Smith getting DQ'd and basically giving the HC kid a free pass to the finals.

It isn't always about the finish, it is about the head to head.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Colt Strong] #238441 01/06/16 04:48 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Look up the Carroll team results, case and point. Northwest and South were beaten badly. They should be ranked behind CHS. I do not need to go to deep into the brackets to realize it doesn't make sense. I am just curious what the criteria is, Seems like a guess. I am not attacking anyone, I am looking for actual clarification.

Clearly, with all due respect, you still have a fundamental misunderstanding of the class rankings. If you would like to call me at 913-484-3624, I would be glad to talk about every single weight. Let me try to explain once again, using four of the weights at the BC tournament...

106 - The Campus 106 placed 2nd and scored 16 points. He is currently not ranked in 6A. He has lost to Nippert and Reling who are also not ranked in 6A. Now to his credit, both of those guys are pretty tough and 106 is always up for grabs with all of the young talent. Having said this, I cannot currently award many points to him for the Class 6A tournament ranking. So... those 16 points go to about 2 points at state. The current rankings are forced to look in the rear view mirror at current criteria. I hope he places at state! I have no personal agenda here. Go Kai!

160 - The Campus 160 took 2nd and scored 20 points. He lost to a tough WH guy in the finals. He has also lost to two unranked wrestlers from MUL and HAY. He has not yet achieved criteria to rank him in 6A. So... those 20 points would go to 2-4 points at state. Once again, I wish Kevin the best! That weight is actually wide open and if he places high, I would not be surprised.

There are 5 or 6 other weights at that tournament that I can explain the same scenario at state.

Now let's look at WNW...

120 - The WNW 120 pounder took 1st and scored 18 points due to TWO byes that he got in the bracket. He is currently ranked 2nd in 6A but may end up 1st after this weekend. So, those 18 points stay there at 6A state. Possibly 20-24 points.

132 - The WNW 132 pounder placed 3rd and scored 15 points. You referenced him in another post as placing lower that the Campus guy at this weight. Brock and Brycen did not wrestle at this event, as you know? Brycen lost to Kasitz 11-0 in the finals. Brock lost to Kasitz 6-2 and is a returning state finalist. He is currently ranked 2nd at state. At that placing, he would score 15-20 points.

I could go on at 152, 170, 220 and 285 to show that the WNW points will stay high at the state tournament, based on current known criteria.

Now.... If you cannot see what is going on here, please call me OR have Mel Miller call me. I would be glad to further explain.

Whew...

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Chief Renegade] #238442 01/06/16 06:48 PM
JCook Offline
If you are going to call someone out. Please add your name to your posts. It is easy and it is an auto thing.

That's just the way it is!

James Cook
Smoky Valley
785-212-0605
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Teamroper] #238443 01/06/16 07:53 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Smith getting DQ'd and basically giving the HC kid a free pass to the finals.

Just to clarify, that was no free pass to the finals. The Campus kid was up and about to win the match when Smith lost his cool and got DQ'd.

Eric Johnson

Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Chief Renegade] #238444 01/06/16 08:04 PM
C
OP Offline
C
As a reminder to all of our 6A fans, here is the 6A Regional in Dodge City this year.

#1 Garden City
#3 Wichita Northwest
#5 Dodge City
#6 Wichita South
#7 Derby
#8 Campus
#10 Hutchinson
Wichita West

Four at each weight advance to state. Do the math...

Eric Johnson

Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Chief Renegade] #238447 01/06/16 08:53 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Smith getting DQ'd and basically giving the HC kid a free pass to the finals.

Just to clarify, that was no free pass to the finals. The Campus kid was up and about to win the match when Smith lost his cool and got DQ'd.

Roger that, again things are always as they seem.

My apologies.

Last edited by Teamroper; 01/06/16 08:55 PM.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Chief Renegade] #238449 01/06/16 10:39 PM
W
Wells Offline
W
Someone has a little more pull at placing their schools with KSHAA, cause it's not a distance thing!

Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Chief Renegade] #238458 01/07/16 03:13 PM
BigPin22 Offline
I think you have to clarify that at least 50 times a year! You should probably just include that in every updated ranking with a disclaimer at the bottom. lol

Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Also won the only tournament we have been in. Just curious how CHS fell from rankings.

The class rankings are strictly a 6A tournament scenario. Each weight class is ranked six wrestlers deep and points are awarded for that placement. Additional points are awarded for non-ranked wrestlers that will likely still contribute points in the state tournament. Remember that each tournament leading up to the state tournament has a different dynamic, due to the level of competition. The specific area of focus can be found with criteria within each weight class. If a wrestler has criteria over a higher ranked wrestler, please forward that information to me or post on that particular thread.

As always, you can PM me or call my cell number to discuss details.

Thanks for the post!

Chief

"Stats are for losers. Final scores are for winners." Bill Belicheck
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: BigPin22] #238459 01/07/16 03:41 PM
RJW1 Offline
Crickets. . .

Rick Williams
Colby High School
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: RJW1] #238460 01/07/16 03:52 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: RJW1
Crickets. . .

No name calling....haha

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Wells] #238466 01/08/16 12:56 AM
S
Spexy Offline
S
Does distance matter? Or is it who is in your regional?

Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Spexy] #238538 01/12/16 04:25 PM
Colt Strong Offline
Curious to see the rankings updated now. We beat W. South in another tournament. Including a win over #1 at 113.

Sean Phillips, CSCS

CAMPUS HIGH SCHOOL:
Strength & Conditioning
Football
Wrestling

#coltstrong
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: Colt Strong] #238539 01/12/16 04:45 PM
RJW1 Offline
Curious to see the rankings updated now. We beat W. South in another tournament. Including a win over #1 at 113.

The new 6A Rankings on posted!!! I think you are going to like 'em!

Rick Williams
Colby High School
Re: 6A rankings! [Re: RJW1] #238607 01/15/16 01:36 AM
W
wrestling67 Offline
W
Campus Beat Derby in a dual tonight 29-24

Re: 6A rankings! [Re: wrestling67] #238619 01/15/16 06:05 PM
W
wichita3504 Offline
W
Flores beat Schroeder last weekend!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 122 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,939
Posts250,371
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)