Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
District 3 #240544 03/16/16 11:58 PM
R
reddog2853 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Release the brackets

Re: District 3 [Re: reddog2853] #240545 03/17/16 12:09 AM
J
jziegler Offline
J
I don't understand, every other district is released. District 3 is not set to be released till Friday.

Re: District 3 [Re: jziegler] #240546 03/17/16 12:11 AM
R
reddog2853 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
It was supposed to be today and then I see they had changed it to friday

Re: District 3 [Re: reddog2853] #240548 03/17/16 02:35 AM
H
Hawks Offline
H
Big surprise,district 3 is behind the eight ball again. Come on get with program. Absolutely rediculous.

Re: District 3 [Re: Hawks] #240551 03/17/16 06:47 AM
K
Kandy Offline
K
What the actual hell... I waited until tonight to log in because that's when it was supposed to be released. Go figure everyone else has posted but us.... Yay D3 frown

Re: District 3 [Re: Kandy] #240552 03/17/16 10:02 AM
T
ThomasGT Offline
T
Same ole story for D3. Since we've been involved there has always been something "different" about D3. The old system that many folks seem to want to weed out is alive and well here. I'm just grateful we don't have to drive to McPherson every year for Districts anymore...

Re: District 3 [Re: ThomasGT] #240553 03/17/16 01:05 PM
L
Love My Wrestler Offline
L
Why does it take an extra 2 days to build brackets??

Re: District 3 [Re: ThomasGT] #240555 03/17/16 01:26 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: ThomasGT
Same ole story for D3. Since we've been involved there has always been something "different" about D3. The old system that many folks seem to want to weed out is alive and well here. I'm just grateful we don't have to drive to McPherson every year for Districts anymore...

Have you volunteered for a district position? Anyone of the folks that want to weed out volunteered for district positions?

I have been in D3 (until last year)for over 20 years and can't think of anything "different" that has went on.

Besides if you aren't smart enough to figure out how districts are coming from each sub maybe you shouldn't volunteer. If you are looking for HS entries, put your big boy britches on and show Saturday and wrestle whoever they put out there.

Hey you could be driving to Goodland.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: District 3 [Re: Teamroper] #240557 03/17/16 01:56 PM
T
ThomasGT Offline
T
I've got one kid wrestling and I'm looking forward to the day we're no longer involved, so no, I've never volunteered, nor do I plan to. I'm not sure about the other folks volunteering b/c I haven't asked them, only heard them talking. Again, it means little to me in the long-run. We are a first generation family that thinks the world of the sport, but there's a lot that ain't quite right about KS wrestling, even the biggest proponents of it are on here trying to "fix it". Good for them and thanks to them.

Thanks for your service to USAWKS.

Yep, I've already drawn out the brackets that I'm most interested in, ya know, since I can't print them ahead of time like I did for all the other districts. I print them as a fan. As a father, yes, I know the other 7 kids in our bracket and where they're placed.

D3 was called out on the forum last year for not posting their information. That's what I meant by "different".

Not interested in the HS division, but thanks. I'm sure my big girl panties would offend some ppl if I wore them to the district tournament.

Lord willing, my son will have a great finish to the season and decide to come to the other side (BJJ), where egos are left at the door.

Chad Thomas

P.S. You know what teamropin' and pickin' your nose have in common? Everybody does it, but nobody likes to watch it.

Last edited by ThomasGT; 03/17/16 02:01 PM.
Re: District 3 [Re: Teamroper] #240558 03/17/16 01:57 PM
JCook Offline
Names on your posts please!!!!

James Cook
Smoky Valley
785-212-0605
Re: District 3 [Re: ThomasGT] #240560 03/17/16 02:15 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: ThomasGT
I've got one kid wrestling and I'm looking forward to the day we're no longer involved, so no, I've never volunteered, nor do I plan to. I'm not sure about the other folks volunteering b/c I haven't asked them, only heard them talking. Again, it means little to me in the long-run. We are a first generation family that thinks the world of the sport, but there's a lot that ain't quite right about KS wrestling, even the biggest proponents of it are on here trying to "fix it". Good for them and thanks to them.

Thanks for your service to USAWKS.

Yep, I've already drawn out the brackets that I'm most interested in, ya know, since I can't print them ahead of time like I did for all the other districts. I print them as a fan. As a father, yes, I know the other 7 kids in our bracket and where they're placed.

D3 was called out on the forum last year for not posting their information. That's what I meant by "different".

Not interested in the HS division, but thanks. I'm sure my big girl panties would offend some ppl if I wore them to the district tournament.

Lord willing, my son will have a great finish to the season and decide to come to the other side (BJJ), where egos are left at the door.

Chad Thomas

P.S. You know what teamropin' and pickin' your nose have in common? Everybody does it, but nobody likes to watch it.

So don't be part of the solution but stand back and complain. Make sense....

You are correct in there are things that are great about the kids series, but it is a better organization as a whole (even with hiccups) than states that have corruption and money stealing in the group. So it could be a whole lot worse.

We are trying to improve the kids state series with options of changing it, for the betterment of the sport. There are a few major hurdles with doing some of the suggestions but we have been trying to find ways around them.

I think you mistake some people emotion with ego, wrestle is an emotional sport if you haven't noticed. Emotions turn to passion later in life for some of us and in is different than an ego. I am not sure what (BJJ) is but good luck with that.

As far as your team roping joke, that one is so old the first time I heard it I fell off my dinosaur.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: District 3 [Re: Teamroper] #240562 03/17/16 02:40 PM
T
ThomasGT Offline
T
Again, I have no long-term interest, I just want to be able print the brackets ahead of time. Myself and others just want to know why the other 3 districts have managed to pull it off when ours' hasn't.

I'm sure it could. Glad someone is doing this for the kids. I volunteer my time in other sports that I know more about. I simply can't add to my plate at this time.

Just trying to lighten the mood so that maybe I can go back and ask if the brackets will be released in time for me to print them, without getting anyone else upset. We just want to see the brackets, but we're not getting an answer to that question.

So, will I have to try to find a computer and printer after 8pm Friday night or are they going to be released sooner?

Thanks,

Chad Thomas

Re: District 3 [Re: ThomasGT] #240566 03/17/16 03:12 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
I will say that is one minor goal of the committee is to make districts consistent on how things are handled. It was determined a few years ago that the bi- laws allow districts to make their own decisions regarding the state series.

I personally disagree with that and think they should all be doing the same thing. Again that is my personal opinion.

I'm from a little more old school before track and used to buy brackets at the tournament when things were ran manully.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: District 3 [Re: Teamroper] #240568 03/17/16 04:15 PM
M
manhattansauder Offline
M
The brackets are released, however the High School division will not be finished until after the seeding meeting.

Re: District 3 [Re: Teamroper] #240569 03/17/16 04:47 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Teamroper

I personally disagree with that and think they should all be doing the same thing.

As long as there is no advantage for one district or another, what difference does it make?

Re: District 3 [Re: sportsfan02] #240570 03/17/16 05:22 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: sportsfan02

I personally disagree with that and think they should all be doing the same thing.

As long as there is no advantage for one district or another, what difference does it make?

So you don't feel the difference now don't have any advantages either way?

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: District 3 [Re: Teamroper] #240576 03/17/16 07:06 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: sportsfan02

So you don't feel the difference now don't have any advantages either way?

Nope

Re: District 3 [Re: sportsfan02] #240578 03/17/16 08:39 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
I think both have their advantages/disadvantages d1/2 wrestling in a 32 man bracket doesn't leave much room for error and seeding is way more import get it wrong and some one good can get left home. Although there aren't many like that there are a few. 8u 55 has 25 kids in d2 for a kid to wrestle out 6 backside matches to qualify vs 3 to a sub district. That isn't a disadvantage?

I feel subs gives that "bad day" or sick kid a second chance to heal up and make it back on district day. I feel subs give the true best 4 kids from each district.

Parents feel the extra expense of traveling another day, which has nothing to do with competition but is a disadvantage to the parents pocket book while non sub kids are home resting not risking injuries before district.

I know the committee is talking about doing away with subs and I might be the minority but if number do what we hope and keep growing. There will huge brackets to qualify. Maybe that makes Kansas wrestling better but I don't think it does. I think getting the best 16 to state should be the goal. Eliminating subs in my opinion puts that at risk.

The "put on your big pants" (which I used earlier) is ok when you not talking about 7-9 year olds.

Did you spend $100 last weekend to go to subs? Half of the state did I bet.

Yes that is a majority vote by the district body, which was ruled that the district has that control.

It is a advantage in both sides and disadvantages on both sides.

Those are my main point for having a consistent state series throughout the state, I have more but these are the one that stick out.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: District 3 [Re: Teamroper] #240579 03/17/16 09:05 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
In D2 our seeding takes no longer than it did with subs. When I said advantages, I was referring to anything that would give one district a competitive advantage over another. I see none. There will always be advantages or disadvantages to where each of us lives.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,941
Posts250,373
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)