Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Thank You! #251554 11/05/18 03:33 AM
S
Steve O Offline OP
OP Offline
S
To the great state of Kansas wrestling community....I want to help stop the mountain of email and communication still coming my way, and to inform of our new coach at Turner.

After twenty-five years advocating wrestling, it was time to step back for some family time and recharge. I have stepped down as the head coach at Turner last spring. Paulie Hansen, who was a a 3X state champ, college All-American, is now Turner’s head coach.

Words cannot describe the great time I had coaching for Turner, and competing against many great coaches and wrestlers right here in our state. Wrestling is the ultimate teacher. Most of us know that. But it still is important to say and promote to young athletes.

There are so many great coaches in the state of Kansas. I cannot name them all. Some of the greatest coaches I know are not perennial team powers...they stay the course and really focus on developing young boys into men. Those coaches I admire the most.

I was blessed to have a great run at Turner High School. We did well as a program for 10 years. The last five we had some strong individual wrestlers. I had tremendous assistants and wrestling leadership help me along the way. Now that I am older, I can appreciate it much more than when I was a young hot head in 1997.

Coach Hansen will do great...I was blessed to be able to walk away on my terms and help name someone to take over the program. Not many coaches can do that anymore, especially in our administrative environment. So, please direct communication to Paulie Hansen, who teaches in our district as well.

I debated to whether to write this or not, but I felt obligated to thank all of you that I have met along the way.

For the many of the seasoned coaches still around, thank you for creating an atmosphere where mentoring young athletes into solid people still matters. Wrestling coaches have so many roadblocks thrown onto the coaching path. Many of us cannot cherry-pick our talent, much like the college coaches, or certain programs blessed with exorbitant resources. We have to develop our youth in the community we serve. I always wondered how some of the top coaches in Division I or II would fare in our high school environments. For the young coaches, thanks for picking up our torch and carrying it forward. Eventually, all of us older dudes have to step away.

God bless!

Peter Sierant

Last edited by Steve O; 11/05/18 05:29 PM.
Re: Thank You! [Re: Steve O] #251555 11/05/18 04:02 AM
Chase Offline
Love the post! Will miss seeing you in the corner Coach Sierant!

Hey Butt-Head what did people do before they invented TV?
Don't be stupid Beavis there's always been TV, there's just more channels now.
Oh yeah, heh heh hehe... progress is cool. Heh hehe heh
Re: Thank You! [Re: Steve O] #251556 11/05/18 04:46 AM
K
Kit Harris Offline
K
Great post, Coach Sierant. So many wise words from many years of experience.

You've been one of our state's best for many years! Thanks for all you've done. Our sport needs great men like you leading youth.

Re: Thank You! [Re: Steve O] #251559 11/05/18 05:59 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
All the best to you Pete. Nice work!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 168 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)