Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chanute Regionals #252519 02/17/19 12:01 AM
in it to win it Offline OP
OP Offline
Come one come All! If your wrestlers up there are at least 20 people/supporters in that kids corner so no one can see the matches on the mat!

Well Done Chanute! Bravo! Because NO ONE CAN SEE!

Not too good of mat policing. Kids wrestling tournaments are much better ran! mad

Take A KNEE SO PEOPLE IN THE CROWD CAN SEE!

Fell essentially on DEAF EARS WHEN ASKED! This is when a picture could SPEAK A THOUSAND WORDS!

Last edited by in it to win it; 02/17/19 12:16 AM. Reason: Need a picture!

In it to win it.
Re: Chanute Regionals [Re: in it to win it] #252530 02/17/19 05:19 PM
number two Offline
I have a Question regarding how byes are distributed? The Chanute regional was bye heavy in the first round. Chunute had 7 First round matches 4 of those were 1-2 seated guys....all 7 were won by fall so there were 2 bonus points as well as 4 points for the win.for 42 points frontanac Burlington Winfield had 7 matches combined in the first round. How do they ever make those points up? I know they get a bonus for winning that secound match but its only 2 points...could someone with much better knowledge of the scoring system explain this for me... Thanks

jim ryan
Re: Chanute Regionals [Re: number two] #252531 02/17/19 05:55 PM
O
objective Offline
O
You cannot make up points for potential falls. You do get advancement points if you win your next match. Byes are to be randomly drawn in theory every one has the same chance but only after the seeds are placed. If you seed down to 8 9 they won't be in the draw. The byes are to be as even as possible among half and quarter brackets. Any wrestler no seeded among the top 8 will be drawn so not have a bye. Sometimes I question the randomness of the computer because it seems one's and two's get more byes than random but that is just my opinion

Re: Chanute Regionals [Re: in it to win it] #252532 02/17/19 06:22 PM
number two Offline
That really Didn't explain it .,, now im confused even more because if those points cant be made up... then this was a unfair advantage to the hosting school...

jim ryan
Chanute Regional [Re: number two] #252533 02/17/19 06:39 PM
OP Offline
Makes no sense

Last edited by in it to win it; 02/18/19 04:58 AM. Reason: Makes no sense

In it to win it.
Re: Chanute Regionals [Re: in it to win it] #252535 02/17/19 07:48 PM
O
objective Offline
O
One thing for sure. Being the host school has nothing to do with getting or not getting a bye. Kshsaa uses the track wrestling program and the computer randomly placed the byes as stated above

Last edited by objective; 02/17/19 08:16 PM.
Re: Chanute Regionals [Re: in it to win it] #252537 02/17/19 08:06 PM
O
objective Offline
O
Of all the problems, placing byes is not one of them. Someone else may hit the lottery more than you but I challenge
You to come up with a better method also your math is wrong. You get 2 points for a win or advancement and 2 more for a pin. The most 7 guys with a pin in round one can score is 28. I looked at the brackets. Chanute would have won even if they had all byes in round one. They would have picked up 12 of those after winning in round 2.
By my count chanute and Burlington each drew 7 byes, frontenac 6 and yes Winfield drew 10 and independence 8

Last edited by objective; 02/17/19 09:33 PM.
Re: Chanute Regionals [Re: in it to win it] #252538 02/17/19 11:46 PM
BigPin22 Offline
Originally Posted by in it to win it
#2. Better asked of Coach Albright of the hosting school before his 3 ejections that was allowed to stay.

I don't understand this statement...please clarify!

"Stats are for losers. Final scores are for winners." Bill Belicheck
Re: Chanute Regionals [Re: BigPin22] #252546 02/18/19 04:55 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Originally Posted by BigPin22
#2. Better asked of Coach Albright of the hosting school before his 3 ejections that was allowed to stay.

Ok win it, If you are going to make a statement like that,...who was ejected 3 times? Was it coach Albright? It seems like that is what you are saying? Are you sure it was ejections? If that is the case, then it is on the officials....host, and in turn he could be forced to sit out next week. You have to be 100 percent sure before you say something like that, especially on a forum (speaking from experience). Typically they would announce those instances. IF you truly believe this happened and they let him stay, then you should file a grievance with KSHSAA for not enforcing the rules, otherwise top lip meet bottom lip.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Chanute Regionals [Re: Aaron Sweazy] #252548 02/18/19 05:16 AM
OP Offline
Okay Aaron. I'm certain you know more than I. Enough and end of statement. I'm not sure it's necessary to go through your algorithms. This got taken WAY OUT of context in an incomplete statement, thought, idea, process and inadvertently shared on a mobile device. End of story.
Unnecessary forum comment Mr. President, my apologies.
You a forgiving Man?

Coach Albright was the Regional Coach of the Year! So how could it have been him? He's done an Incredible Job with his Wrestling Team!! I don't understand that comment at all & I'm telling you KUDOS TO THE ENTIRE CHANUTE COACHING STAFF! IF YOU Have a problem with that then that's NOT MY PROBLEM.

THE PROBLEM WAS AS MENTIONED those seated in the bleachers could not see the wrestlers wrestling! No problems for finals!

Last edited by in it to win it; 02/18/19 05:22 AM.

In it to win it.
Re: Chanute Regionals [Re: BigPin22] #252551 02/18/19 02:36 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S

Originally Posted by BigPin22

Thank you for preserving the original comment!

Last edited by sportsfan02; 02/18/19 02:39 PM.

Re: Chanute Regionals [Re: in it to win it] #252580 02/19/19 09:02 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Okay Aaron. I'm certain you know more than I. Enough and end of statement. I'm not sure it's necessary to go through your algorithms. This got taken WAY OUT of context in an incomplete statement, thought, idea, process and inadvertently shared on a mobile device. End of story.
Unnecessary forum comment Mr. President, my apologies.
You a forgiving Man?

Coach Albright was the Regional Coach of the Year! So how could it have been him? He's done an Incredible Job with his Wrestling Team!! I don't understand that comment at all & I'm telling you KUDOS TO THE ENTIRE CHANUTE COACHING STAFF! IF YOU Have a problem with that then that's NOT MY PROBLEM.

THE PROBLEM WAS AS MENTIONED those seated in the bleachers could not see the wrestlers wrestling! No problems for finals!

1. I don't know more than the mad mom that was at the tournament because I was in Orange City, Ia announcing a tournament.
2. The "algorithms" as you state are simple. You said Coach Albright of the hosting school should have been asked prior to his 3 ejections and him being allowed to stay.
3. WAY OUT OF CONTEXT?! You are the one that freaked out after opening a can of worms and stating Coach Albright had 3 ejections.
4. Blaming a phone on something being posted.....You still have the opportunity to proof read before hitting enter. I don't buy that....were you trying to say a coach that was alright got 3 ejections...I could kinda see that if I turned my head sideways up my rear-end too.
5. Problem with Coach Albright being the COTY? Again using your own words....I'm certain you know more than me...in fact I didn't even know he got that award until you tried covering your tracks and got busted for calling him out.
6. The Problem you originally mentioned put blame on Coach Albright and then in anger you must have thought he got ejected.
7. Word for the wise.....not sure what year your kid is in, but college coaches avoid helicopter parent's kids regardless of the talent they have.
8. I will send Coach Vanderlinden some TUMS from the indigestion he probably gets from you hitting enter too quick in texts.

Swayz smile

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: Chanute Regionals [Re: in it to win it] #252586 02/20/19 07:07 AM
OP Offline
1. Mad? Disappointed, frustrated could not see the wrestling matches from sitting in the stands.
2. Aaron I got there after 2 pm on Saturday have no clue as to "who" got ejections. Don't really care as long as it wasn't my son.
3. No, I did not "freak out" I did not see any ejections.
4. Yeah, I was texting way too much to way too many different people in different states about other situations that were interesting cases. Would be glad for you to do the forensic file stuff on my phone.
5. No problem with Andy Albright being Coach of the Year! Most Deserved!
6. The handling of mat police was not that of Coach Albright's problem nor blamed on him.
7. Don't have to be Aaron, certainly don't have to be.
8. The last time we talked you were having some financial issues among many other things so now that you're more 'capable' perhaps you can get a good deal from Amazon on the calcium carbonate but really the proton pump inhibitors work better).
9. It's not your secret that you like to talk but "enough is enough" Aaron. I'm certainly disappointed but if you want to see angry mom going off on you sweet young one ---- just don't. I hope you'll be attending the 4A State Tournament so we can catch up like OLD Times.

Last edited by in it to win it; 02/20/19 07:11 AM.

In it to win it.
Re: Chanute Regionals [Re: in it to win it] #252618 02/21/19 10:00 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
I won't be at 4a. Working DII qualifier in Kearney. The way things were worded....it all pointed to Albright. Understood now, thanks for the clarification. Good luck this weekend.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 132 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)