Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 58 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 57 58
Re: R.A.O.S #34297 05/23/05 09:20 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Good to hear from you again, Bracket-man! ............ and you're right ......... we're OK with anonymity .......... better that way ........ makes us a bit hungrier ........ good to see Big Steve O bristle at the idea that we are off the map (in some opinions) ....... we'll fly low under the radar and see what happens at state ........ and Caleb, proud of you and all of us in Steveville will miss you!

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"
Re: R.A.O.S #34298 05/26/05 10:47 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Opening up discussion for Steve-monicker for Wacker ......with all the hard work he's done (especially since the end of the season), I'm proposing BlueCollarSteve ....... as always, Steve names will have to be confirmed at a meeting ...... probably Angry's place ....... some of us are going to WInfield tomorrow to support Coach Debey and the B-Ball team at state ....... will see ya there or when we get back

Re: R.A.O.S #34299 05/27/05 01:30 PM
Bracket-man Offline
Extreme moderation...hmmm, that is a tough one to cope with. Probably close to driveway/parkway. You park on a driveway and drive on a parkway. I may need Caleb to set me straight. Sounds like the off-season is treating everyone well in Steveville. Like the idea of flying under the radar, served us well in the Middle East. Just think what it could do in Wichita (or is that still not decided). Wherever it is, beware of the Golden Bear.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
Re: R.A.O.S #34300 05/29/05 12:38 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Well, we played pretty well for 4 1/2 innings ...... showed some promise though taking a young team to state ........ I think they have a shot at being back next year ........ it seems to be unanimous ....... the Wacker is now BlueCollarsteve (BC for short) ...... don't know how to tell you guys this, but Canadian Steve is taking the plunge this summer ........ yep, gettin' hitched ....... July 30th I think ........ let's see ...... what shall we do to .... I mean, for him?

Re: R.A.O.S #34301 05/29/05 04:47 AM
BlueCollarSteve Offline
i say we try to rent him a hockey rink for the reception.... think of poofy and broke A** trying to skate and dance...

Re: R.A.O.S #34302 05/29/05 03:52 PM
AfternoonDelight Offline
u abandoning the nraos thread maw?

You must be a magician cuz ur nuttin but a trick.
Re: R.A.O.S #34303 05/29/05 07:46 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Back from Holton and Netawaka ...... decorating graves and paying my respects to family and fiends no longer here always gives me pause ..... to think about things .......... on a brighter note, great car show in Holton! ...... it's always fun on the square during Memorial weekend ....... they had a booth where you fire water ballons at each other using catapults ........ it was called Water Wars ....... i think we should look into it for Turner Days or the next Spring Fling fundraiser! ...... to answer MAW's question, come to Steveville and wrestle or coach wrestling ...... that's how to become a Steve ....... as stated before, the purpose of RAOS is to promote excellence in the sport of wrestling (yes, it does give us an excuse to have meetings at the land of orange shorts) ...... the thread was created to help us keep in touch with our fellow Steves, our supporters and the Kansas wrestling community where we have made many great friends ......... it was intended to have fun trading thoughts about wrestling and whatever else crosses our minds ....... that's why we enjoy talking with wrestlers, coaches and wrestling fans from all over the state ...... as for a Steve name ....... I guess anyone is free to adopt a Steve name ..... it's kinda flattering and we would only hope that the heart and desire of a true wrestler accompanied the person choosing to be a Steve ....... in Steveville, names are earned by deeds ...... and confirmed by Steves ....... we haven't talked about it as a group, but if others around the state want to start their own RAOS chapters ........ my guess is that we would give our blessing and any help they asked for ....... might be fun!

Re: R.A.O.S #34304 05/30/05 03:04 AM
Bracket-man Offline
Good Game, Superiorsteve...paying respects to those no longer with us. In this world of one-upping each other and coming out first, thanks for showing us what it is truly about! You are truly a caring and compassionate man.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
Re: R.A.O.S #34305 05/30/05 03:01 PM
AfternoonDelight Offline
id say RAOS is more of a cult than a club.

You must be a magician cuz ur nuttin but a trick.
Re: R.A.O.S #34306 05/30/05 03:47 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
You guys are funny ........ but, at times, entertaining ....... so I'll play along (though I'd be careful if I were you ..... contributing to a "cult" thread) ......... I believe you would know, had you read my earlier post, that RAOS is not a club ...... it is an organization formed to promote excellence in wrestling ....... but you may call it anything you like ....... I'm not certain what MAW is talking about regarding his NRAOS name ....... as far as we're concerned, call yourself whatever you want, and support whomever you wish ....... we all have friends on wrestling teams throughout the state and we support them and their programs ...... our main interest is in advancing the level of Kansas Wrestling and we attemp to do that by working to build a strong program in Steveville ........ we know others are doing the same in their communities ........ are we an "exclusive" organization ....... if by that you are asking whether or not it is our intent to exclude people from RAOS, the answer is no .......... if you are asking whether or not people wanting to be RAOS members have dues to pay ..... you bet! .......... and I can only think of a few thousand other organizations which require the same .........

Re: R.A.O.S #34307 05/31/05 01:08 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
I agree with the part about the Daylight Donuts!

Re: R.A.O.S #34308 05/31/05 01:35 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
I'll go for a coupon for a donut at Druber's Donuts (formerly Daylight Donuts) in Newton ..... better make that two so I can take my Dad!

Re: R.A.O.S #34309 05/31/05 02:32 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Wait a minute bigosteve ........ if I have to post on a certain thread to get my donuts, doesn't that make it an "exclusive" offer?

Re: R.A.O.S #34310 05/31/05 03:46 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
sounds like you got quite a bit of positive feedback along with a rather mild rebuke for assuming a moniker so close to Big Steve O .......... It even appears that Big Steve O was very magnamimous in acknowledging that you "might make a good Steve" and offer to "embrace our cousins from Stephenville" ....... besides, you already have a Steve name ...... your parents gave it to you ........ you are obviously proud of being Steve because you choose to use it as your member name on the forum ...... I would hope that you would also be proud of the use of the name Steve to foster "esprit de corps" in order to promote excellence in wrestling ...... if not, it's all good ..... we're all okay with bigosteve here in steveville and look forward to meeting you one day ...... Good Game! Stay Up!

Re: R.A.O.S #34311 05/31/05 03:53 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
BTW bigosteve ........ the only two Stephenvilles I can find are in Newfoundland and Texas ........ which is home for you?

Re: R.A.O.S #34312 06/02/05 12:59 AM
S
Steve O Offline
S
Yes, we are a cult...and if you do not submit?

Well, a shudder to think? Help me here...hari-kari? kamikaze? Do horrible things while watching inappropriate, low-budget, midget films? And (egads) get decent grades and be respectful of your elders?

I am not sure...all I know that it is more than just a name and title...

I like for Wacker the title of One-Dollar Steve...for his job of course!

Canadian Steve had this deer-in-the-headlight look when I made my prediction this summer...hah! The Mighty Big Steve O knows more than he thought...all that Canadian cold air blinded him to my bloodhound nose...

Re: R.A.O.S #34313 06/02/05 01:21 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
I just spoke with Canadian Steve ..... and for the record, he is in awe of your power to foresee the future, Big Steve O! ....... sadly, his priorities have slipped as he chose to go visit the inlaws rather than regain the District Golf Championship Title we once held undisputed! .......... can we save him?

Re: R.A.O.S #34314 06/02/05 11:25 AM
S
Steve O Offline
S
Nope, he is sinking fast to the ball and chain...sigh, the good die young as they say...I drowned many years ago...

Your time will come, superior...

Re: R.A.O.S #34315 06/02/05 12:21 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Alas, my time has come and gone, Big Steve O ....... doomed to the single life ......... and a lonely path it would be without teaching, coaching and cereal malt beverages! By the way, do we have anyone going to Junction City this weekend other than Wacker and Bailes?

Re: R.A.O.S #34316 06/02/05 04:20 PM
BlueCollarSteve Offline
i can no longer go... i have an insufficient amount of funds and i have to help my grandma this weekend.... but wolfgang will be going as far as i know... dean might go im not to sure i will talk to all of you lata

Page 24 of 58 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 57 58

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 156 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,942
Posts250,374
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)