Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 58 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 57 58
Re: R.A.O.S #34377 06/22/05 09:19 PM
C
Cpt. Steve Offline
C
check it out the way i understand it after talkin to a few people at the rec it sounds like some of the parents have already started planing w/o us (which is fine) and it appears a day has picked out but i'm not going to post it until it's set in stone....but i will say it will be near the end of the summer....Mrs. White is keeping me posted....and i was also told teams form witchita have already been calling the rec office trying to get more information....which kinda blew me away....and i beleive we r going to be useing the six man rules....and thats really all i know....just thought everyone would like to no

"Take care of your balls and they'll take care of you."
-Patches O'Houlihan
Re: R.A.O.S #34378 06/23/05 01:46 AM
BlueCollarSteve Offline
thanks for letting us know cpt. i tried callin the otha day but you dont like answering your phone anymore... dunnno why... anywho keep us posted because i wanna get in on it my self

Re: R.A.O.S #34379 06/23/05 02:14 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Well, just got home ........ been with Canadiansteve ....... for those of you that don't know, he took a hockey stick in the eye and can't see out of it ...... it's been a couple weeks already and they're still not sure what's wrong with it or if he'll get his vision back ...... they seem to think that it could be a number of things but that doesn't change the fact that he is operating with one good eye ...... he can play golf fairly well but I've been driving him when we go places ..... he's going back in a couple more weeks and hopefully they will fix him ....... so heis definately out of the dodgeball thing ...... maybe we could use him as an official ..... shouldn't take more than one good eye for that ....... as for the tournament ..... are we keeping it all-wrestling teams or an open? ...... would be fun to see some of the forum personalities get deadlined by a guided missile to the (choose your body part)!

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"
Re: R.A.O.S #34380 06/23/05 02:25 AM
C
Cpt. Steve Offline
C
come tally u know its gonna be me u and wolfgang and some other guys

"Take care of your balls and they'll take care of you."
-Patches O'Houlihan
Re: R.A.O.S #34381 06/23/05 02:28 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
OK guys ....... as much as I hate posting one liners like they do on the other thread to boost their post numbers, I gotta ask ...... who is wolfgang?

Re: R.A.O.S #34382 06/23/05 02:47 AM
hansen Offline
Just to set the record straight, some parents have not begun planning the dodgeball tourney. I have seen it posted for months and noticed superior had been asking a couple of people to talk to TRC. I asked if had been brought up yet and was told it had not. I asked if they would allow us to have one and they were excited and the fundraising opertunity. The open date was August 13. I asked Camille to pencil the tourney in until I could let you guys know TRC was OK with it.

Just trying to get the "ball rolling" if it was something you wanted to make happen

Re: R.A.O.S #34383 06/23/05 03:03 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Good game, Mike ....... and wish I could be with you at the duals this weekend ....... I will take my laptop with me so I can keep updated ....... sure am looking forward to a great Kansas showing!

Re: R.A.O.S #34384 06/23/05 03:09 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Denise, thanks for the clarification ........ good not to put the cart before the horse ...... if it happens, it will take al lot of coordinating ...... the 13th of August is kinda late for us teachers and coaches as we're already into school and football ....... but you have whatever help I can give ...... I'm good to meet on things like this for another week or so before my schedule becomes busy ...... just realized that I have a message from Tracey on my phone ...... guess that'll be one of my things to do in the morning.

Re: R.A.O.S #34385 06/23/05 05:01 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Angry is coming over tonight to talk about the dodgeball tournament ....... we need to know how many wrestling teams could field a dodgeball team for a tournament in the Kansas City suburb of Steveville on August 13th ....... from what I've been told, it would be an open tourney so anyone can put together a team to come ...... could we get a forum all-star team? ..... let us know ..... oh yeah, six man format

Re: R.A.O.S #34386 06/23/05 06:04 PM
S
Steve O Offline
S
Here is the text of the email I received for The Clash invite:

Sent: Fri 6/17/2005 9:31 AM
To: Sierant, Peter
Cc: Randy Cirksena [randy.cirksena.j8gl@statefarm.com]
Subject: The Clash - National High School Duals
To: Coach Peter Sierant,
Turner High School
2211 S. 55th St
Kansas City, KS 66106
Phone: 913-288-3300
http://www.turnerusd202.org/ths/wrestling/Default.htm
Assistant Coaches: Bobby McFarland & Greg Barnes
2005 State Runner-up Kansas Class 5A

Peter, I don't know if you've ever heard of the Clash National High
School Duals wrestling tournament before, but we would like you to
consider bringing your team to this tournament in December.

The tournament is held each year in Rochester, Minnesota between
Christmas and New Years. This year's tournament falls on Dec 30th and
31st. 32 top teams from around the country compete in a 2-day dual-
format NFHS-sanctioned High School wrestling tournament.

This year's field is scheduled to include:

- Carl Sandburg Ill. (AWN #3)
- Owatonna Minn. (AWN #8)
- Connellsville Pa. (AWN #9)
- Wisconsin Rapids Wisc. (AWN #14)

- Apple Valley Minn. (AWN #17)
- Parkersburg So. W. Va. (AWN #24)
- Glenbard North Ill. (AWN #27)
- Rio Rancho N.M. (AWN #33)

- Jackson Memorial, NJ
- STMA, MN
- Midwest City, OK
- Vacaville, CA

- Luxembourg-Casco, WI
- Skutt Catholic, NE
- Sedro Wooley, WA
- Albert Lea, MN Vacaville

- Flathead, MT
- Sunnyside, AZ
- Mt Carmel, IL
- Northwestern Lehigh, PA
- Adrian, MN
- Kaukauna, WI
- Totino Grace, MN

However, Rio Rancho just cancelled out of the tournament and we're
looking to invite another nationally recognized high school program to
compete in this year's event. We've never had a team from Kansas join
us in this fun event and we'd love it if you would consider
participating this year.

You can find additional information on the tournament website at
http://www.clashmn.org. Teams are guarenteed 6 dual matches in a very unique
tournament format. If you have any interest in attending or would just
like more information, please let me know (either by e-mail or
phone). I'd also be glad to give you the names and phone numbers of
coaches of teams that have participated in past Clash tournaments if
you'd like to get some insight from a coach's perspective.

Thank you. Steven Patton, Clash Tournament Director
Rochester, MN 507-261-5273 (cell) TheClash@matmen.org

Re: R.A.O.S #34387 06/23/05 06:14 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
WE gotta go to this one Big Steve O ...... even the tournament director is a Steve!

Re: R.A.O.S #34388 06/23/05 06:18 PM
TCarmona Offline
Yesssssssssss!

Re: R.A.O.S #34389 06/23/05 06:40 PM
Bracket-man Offline
With a name like "Steve" "Patton"...you HAVE to go, the bar is certainly raised to its proper height. Noticed Midwest City, OK on the list...my alma mater. One of the top 10 wrestling schools in Oklahoma. Sounds like a good challenge and great experience...besides you would know where your wrestlers would be for New Year's. Could also re-visit the car wash fund raiser to assist with the costs. Sounds too good to pass up.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
Re: R.A.O.S #34390 06/23/05 08:07 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
I agree, Bracket-man ....... and especially the part about the carwash ........ my vehicle is filthy! ......... I'm sure Big Steve O will give it his best shot a getting permission for us to go ...... we can probably earn the money for the trip this summer ...... just have to hope our admin. sees the importance of participating in a tournament of this calibre and gives us the green light ...... you should team up with PAPA and get a "Legends" dodgeball team together for the tournament!

Re: R.A.O.S #34391 06/23/05 08:12 PM
Bracket-man Offline
With this weather, I think I will ask PAPA if we can sit atop the Dunk Tank for charity funding...but I'm game if the Big Man is. It's all good, isn't it? What a great opportunity for the team to participate in such a studly event. Let me know when you folks set a date and we are there.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
Re: R.A.O.S #34392 06/23/05 11:37 PM
A
Angrysteve Offline
A
Come one, Dodge all. It's time for the main event of the summer. My fellow Steve's and other forum friends and personalities, we have the confirmation on the dodgeball tournament. Anyone willing to participate in this first annual event, please post on this site. The rules are in progress as we speak. The format will be 6 player format, bracketed with double elimination. Top four teams will win a team trophy or belt. There will also be the "White Goodman" award. We are working on lunch being donated. Team pictures will be taken, and put on the website. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them. The sooner we recieve replies, the faster we can get information to you. You will recieve a packet of information if you're serious about the competition.

"We fight and the clown gets the girl."
Re: R.A.O.S #34393 06/24/05 02:56 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Looks like it's a go for Dodgeball! ........ been waiting for this for a long time ....... I'm going for the White Goodman award ....... all I need is some hair ...... I have all the cheesy lines ...... may have to use the hair Captainsteve gave me ........ August 13th will be a day of reckoning!

Re: R.A.O.S #34394 06/24/05 03:23 AM
I
ibleedpurple Offline
I
How much does it cost per team and do all the people on my team have to be wrestlers? And how many games will we get to play.

Re: R.A.O.S #34395 06/24/05 03:30 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Good questions IBP ........ I should have asked Angrysteve when he was here ....... but I beleieve the entry fee is going to be $100 per team ....... from the sounds of it, lunch will be free along with team pictures and some other perks .......... my guess is that you will have at least three matches since it is bracketed ..... they were talking about having an actual challenge match for second place if the third place team had not already played the runner -up ....... either way, I'm in.

Re: R.A.O.S #34396 06/24/05 03:37 AM
I
ibleedpurple Offline
I
How about like a team made up of you family? I have two older brothers and my dad and my uncle and we could probably fine another to play but not all were wrestlers.

Page 28 of 58 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 57 58

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 120 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox, Coach Lueders, forty
12296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,911
Posts250,304
Members12,296
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)