Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 58 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 57 58
Re: R.A.O.S #34477 07/29/05 08:08 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Many thanks to Captainsteve for helping with football camp this week ....... and thanks also, Capt. for giving us yet another laugh at your expense by locking your keys in your truck! ...... good to see all the football Steves ...... Sweet Roll, Gute, Bam Bam, Huggie, BlueCollar and, of course Aliensteve .... also saw a few Steves-to-be! ....... Good game!

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"
Re: R.A.O.S #34478 07/30/05 12:59 PM
hansen Offline
The Dirty Penguin line up has been submitted for the Steveville Open.

Paulie Hansen
Mike Steinmetz
Andrew Drake
Glen Newbill
Adam Brozanic
Jose Cordero
Brandon Smith.

Now I live with one of these boys,they are awful cocky! I'm sure there are a few people out there that would like to have a shot or two at these boys.

Re: R.A.O.S #34479 07/30/05 01:37 PM
Bracket-man Offline
Hansen - First, congratulations to the Hamburglar on a great season (and those to follow)! He is a joy to watch compete on the mat.

We are trying to get a team together from BV and have given the participants a Monday (August 1) deadline, so we can get the paperwork to you. But with summer, baseball, etc., I am not sure we are going to make it. Is my word good enough to allow for them to compete?? I will take full responsibility for the fees, paperwork, etc. AND if they do not come through, I will pay the entry fee myself.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
Re: R.A.O.S #34480 07/30/05 02:50 PM
hansen Offline
Thanks. Although I hate to admit it he is a great kid!

Fax the registration in by Friday. We are bracketing Friday night. We are also putting the packets together for the teams to get to the captains. There are a few perks. Lunch and a nice reminder of Steveville (a frisbee shh!) for everyone on the roster as of Friday, August 5. you have all the releases by then fax them also, if not as long as we have them by the following Wednesday we'll be good.
Our main concern is getting the registration and roster by Friday for bracketing. Then we have a few days to get the releases in. They have to be in hand before TRC will allow the kids to compete.

We would love to see you. If you need anything or have any questions my number is on the flier, just give me a call.

Re: R.A.O.S #34481 07/30/05 07:51 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
I see the Dirty Penguins are already tryring to intimidate the rest of us by allowing their roster to be posted ....... hah! ...... this just makes it easier to plan our strategy ...... the Shockers lineup will remain a mystery until we hit the floor!

Re: R.A.O.S #34482 07/31/05 07:23 PM
I
ibleedpurple Offline
I
good luck with ur touniment. It look like we wont me moving to KC this year. I wll still look for steves at state and maybe well go next year.

Re: R.A.O.S #34483 07/31/05 09:09 PM
Bracket-man Offline
To our friends in Steveville - IT IS OFFICIAL!! The forms have been received and will be faxed Monday...the kids really came through. Knowing that it is benefitting a good cause speaks well for these young leaders of tommorrow. It can now be said with certainty---GAME ON!! See you August 13.

Coach Buck

Re: R.A.O.S #34484 08/01/05 02:28 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Bravo gentlemen! ...... Big ups to Bracketman for spearheading this effort and a hearty GOOD GAME to the men of Blue Valley! ...... looks like at least two of the best wrestling programs in KC will be well represented! ..... Buck, make sure you guys pick a good team name ..... we will be introducing teams and individuals at the beginning of the tournament ...... looking forward to a great day!

Re: R.A.O.S #34485 08/01/05 06:04 PM
A
Angrysteve Offline
A
The Shockers lineup for the 2005 Dodgeball tournament:

Travis Phippen
Brian Garvey
Jake Garvey
Bobby McFarland
Gregg Barnes
Shawn Fuller
Boyd Owens
David Janes
Pete Sierant
Joey Konoey
Sean McFarland

Let the punishment begin. I just want everyone to know their will be a shocker autograph session after the tournament. We will even be willing to take a family picture with you and our championship trophy.

"We fight and the clown gets the girl."
Re: R.A.O.S #34486 08/01/05 06:07 PM
A
Angrysteve Offline
A
Bracket-man, I've never had the pleasure to meet you. I just want to thank you, and your team for supporting us. Let us know if there ever is anything we can do for you guys. Remember, there is strength in numbers.

Re: R.A.O.S #34487 08/01/05 06:21 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Rumor has it that Captainsteve recruited a bunch of Girl Scouts on steroids for his team .....

Re: R.A.O.S #34488 08/01/05 08:06 PM
S
shawnbudke Offline
S
SuperiorSteve (I'm assuming you are my rugby mate from long ago, if that's not you please disregard),

I thought you were having a dodgeball tournament but if you are playing you must have a wheelchair league. Those old legs (knees) still let you play?

Give me a call or drop me a line. Need to link up for wrestling and rugby.

Re: R.A.O.S #34489 08/01/05 09:23 PM
Bracket-man Offline
Angrysteve: We are very excited about joining our friends in Steveville for a little Dodgeball and a whole of lot of comraderie. There is a very special family atmosphere when in the Land of the Golden Bear. Spent some time with Camille at the Rec Center this morning and the care of the kids, family, friends and visitors to Steveville is the first priority with everyone you meet. What all of you have done for my family and me during the end of last season could never be repaid. Many friendships have been forged over the years and none more special than the Steves. The Blue Devils (darn kids, I was really trying for the Blue Meanies) will be in formation and we are very much looking forward to it. Thanks for having us! GAME ON!!

Re: R.A.O.S #34490 08/01/05 09:42 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Shawn .... it's me you little roadrunner ..... I gave my legs to rugby and spent what juice was left in em' (after all the surgeries) chasing after guys like you and Danny Blea (fastest two-legged land varmints for 20 yards in any and all directions) ...... I have been watching the growing popularity of Murderball (Quad Rugby) played by guys in wheelchairs ...... they're tough hombres but they wear too many pads for my liking ..... I sure hope you're heading up to the alumni game on labor day this year! ...... I usually go with Dougan and this year Jackman will be with us ...... I think Ty Gray is going too ( he only lives a few blocks away) ...... Boomer says he will come and BOF Powers may be there with his son who plays down in Atlanta ..... of course, the alums will spank the club side ..... but it will be a great time (always is) ..... let me know if you can come .... we always start with Auntie Maes on Friday night ..... we golf Colbert Hills on Friday ...... match and banquet Saturday and Getaway lunch at Hibachi on Sunday ...... RSVP to me if you're in for golf ..... let Sharon know if you're in for the weekend ..... I can give you any specifics you need ..... there may still be rooms available at the Holiday Inn ..... (or you can sleep in the back of Dougan's truck with the rest of us)! Oh the Jayhawk is a silly bird ..........!

Re: R.A.O.S #34491 08/01/05 09:48 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Bracketman .... will be looking forward to seeing you! ...... Good call on the Blue Meanies ..... that would've been sweet! ....... the kids are just lacking a little history!

Re: R.A.O.S #34492 08/03/05 02:48 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Does anyone know if we got the national anthem recording from lil sharpe? ..... and what is her real name so we can credit her at our opening ceremonies? ...... I'm out of town till Thur. so haven't been in touch with Camellia

Re: R.A.O.S #34493 08/04/05 08:43 PM
A
Angrysteve Offline
A
Camellia is on vacation so we'll have to wait until she get back to check on the tape. I got the dodgeballs for the tournament. they cost more than we thought, but oh well. Good luck to all the participants in the Turner Rec golf tournament this weekend. Psycho you better get hold of superiorsteve about golf when he gets back and remind him. I don't think he remembers he has something to do on Saturday because old age is taking his memory. Are you going to be helping us in the room this year?

Re: R.A.O.S #34494 08/04/05 09:46 PM
psychosteve Offline
angry i do indeed plan on helping if that will be ok....i will call superior tomorrow to remind him that we will be playing golf on saturday....cause if he is losing him memory like he is losing his hair...then we are all in trouble....

Re: R.A.O.S #34495 08/04/05 10:20 PM
A
Angrysteve Offline
A
Psycho, it will be an honor and a priviledge to share the battlefield with you. Lord knows how many battles we've been through already. Remember the "Knights of Malta", fight until the end, even if we need to be strapped in chairs and weapons put in our hands to fight. You're a part of my history, and hopefully I can help you as much as you helped me become who I am.

Re: R.A.O.S #34496 08/05/05 12:02 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
OK guys ...... while I do tend to forget things occasionally, I always remember the important stuff ....... for instance, I remembered that I was playing in the Turner Rec golf tournament with Psycho and PAPA (as usual) ....... I did kinda forget that it was this weekend ...... bottom line is that I need to learn to use a planner ...... or at least get a calendar and write stuff on it ....... and do you guys really think I'm still losing hair? ...... I do need to know what time I should be at the course and which course (Dub's or Painted Hills) ....... unfortunately, Canadiansteve will not be able to play with us this year because he went and got himself married and for some reason is celebrating his lapse of judgement on a honeymoon in the Florida Keys ....... go figure ...... Angry, I guess I owe you money for the dodgeballs ...... also, give me a day for a RAOS meeting next week ..... it's our last chance before school starts

Page 33 of 58 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 57 58

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 94 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,925
Posts250,347
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)