Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Veteran's Day #45678 11/17/05 01:26 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Scooby:
Alot of great posts on this issue.

I never thought about using the word war until this very minute. It made me think about the issue and what war really is to me. I thank you for making me realize that I am one that uses war to easily and now from here on out I will always think of our vets when the word war is used.

War to me now carries new meanings- the most important one being remembering the past soldiers and what they have given me
The word has several different meanings, to include:

"armed fighting between groups: an armed conflict between countries or groups that involves killing and destruction
The two countries are at war."

and,

"conflict: any serious struggle, argument, or conflict between people
The candidates are at war."

Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2005. © 1993-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Veteran's Day #45679 11/22/05 03:49 PM
BuffTiger04 Offline
Ok, now I know that I'm a little behind on this topic but I was gone on a mission over in Japan and China. I for one, coming from a Marine currently serving in the military, thought that the article was very good. Can you compare wrestling to war? Yes...but you can compare any sport to war if you really think about it. Hell, you can compare dating to war..but do we? No, it's not something we think about on a daily basis. We go to war everyday we wake up, right here in the states. We take the chance of beating that red light, or driving faster because we are late for work. Is that not a battle with your life right there? What happens if you don't make that light and you get hit by a semi? Or you cut someone off and they are having a bad day and they in return make u wreck? In either situation you run the risk of losing your life. Just like my fellow brothers and sisters that are over in Iraq. Only they have different chances that they take every minute that they are over there. One minute everything could be as peaceful as a cemetery. Then the next, BOOM! Mortars are flying, roadside bombs are goin off, 5.56 rounds are coming right at you left and right. Your having to find cover and get your head on straight so that you can fire back at whoever is firing at you. Now while some may not agree on the war...the least you can do is support our troops that are over there. Those are our own fathers, sons, moms, sisters, cousins etc. that are over there fighting for our freedom. How would you like it if someone that you loved very much said that they were goin to have to go to war? I promise that your perspective of the situation over there would change dramatically. This may sound wierd coming from a Marine, but do I like the thought of war? No, no one really like the thought of it, only those that have that agent orange stuff still in them do (if you don't know what that is, ask a viet nom vet. Although I may not like the thought of war, I still support my brothers and sisters that are over there. There are times in which I wish I was over there fighting right along side them, and that's only cuz they are doing something that I will never get to. I will never have to worry about goin to war, just because of the unit that I was VERY lucky to get into. All I do is guard the president's hellicopters and I'll get to salute him every now and then. Big whoop! He (the president) is just as human as the rest of us. He is just another person on this earth trying to live from day to day. Yeah he has big decisions he has to make that the rest of us don't. But that's what makes us such a great nation. We get to pay other people to make decisions for us. Trust me on this when I say it's great to be a free nation. As I said earlier, I just got back from a trip to Japan and China. I have been to a communist country. It sucks. And if it were't for our troops fighting in Iraq right now....if it weren't for the troops before us to lead and pave the way for us...who know what kind of country we would be right now? Anyway I keep goin off here on wild tangents so I'm goin to shut up. For those whom of which I May have offended, I appologize. For those who don't agree with me, I could really care less. But please...think about some of the things that I have said. As I said before, even if you don't support the war, at least support our troops.

Semper Fi, Daniel Smith, USMC
Re: Veteran's Day #45680 11/22/05 05:56 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
AMEN!

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 238 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,950
Posts250,386
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)