Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wrestling or Ultimate Fighting??? #379 01/19/05 03:43 PM
T
TKahler Offline OP
OP Offline
T
BODY SCISSORS - does this move belong on the wrestling mat or in a cage. Personally I'm tired of seeing 8 & 10 year olds screaming & crying at every tournament because their getting the crap squeezed out of them. What does this prove? I know its legal but I'd like to see it banned in kids wrestling. Just wondering what other coaches and parents thought.

Re: Wrestling or Ultimate Fighting??? #380 01/19/05 04:38 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
I totally agree. It is not necessary to use the maneuver at the kids level. If it were not allowed, coaches could focus on developing better skills and techniques and not have to worry about developing a counter to the death grip. I do believe that wrestling is a very physical almost violent sport and that is why I like it so do not call me a puss. It is the closest thing to a fight that a kid will be in without being in a fight and that is why I like it. It teaches kids how to be tough and how to defend themselves and that is why I like it. But it is wrestling and I would prefer to see better skills and techniques emphasized, especially in kids.

Re: Wrestling or Ultimate Fighting??? #381 01/19/05 06:29 PM
L
luckydawg73 Offline
L
if this is such a main concern,what about the head and arm takedown?which by the way is just usually a head lock with no arm!how bout the banana split when where your kid gets his/her groin split apart? the way i see it is we just have to deal with it and teach our kids to counter.for every action there is an oppisite and equal reaction.

Re: Wrestling or Ultimate Fighting??? #382 01/20/05 02:41 PM
Gibby Offline
A lot of hubub over nothing if you ask me. And I'll have to be honest, the body scissors is a move rarely used, if ever, in ultimate fighting.

I'm not an expert, but in all the fights I've seen in the various variations of UF, I've never seen the "scissors".

Re: Wrestling or Ultimate Fighting??? #383 01/20/05 08:06 PM
C
Corey Tarman Offline
C
I would have to say that I disagree, If you start bannaning moves because they hirt well then let me see I guess we will have to band all the moves. No one goes over to their back because they want to. They go over to their back because they are being forced, and because of the pain that is being put on them. So Okay lets say we get rid of the all the pain moves what are we left with? Well I can tell you what we will be left with, All the kids playing basketball because there will be no more wrestling.
The kids that are good with their legs when they are wrestling, so now we take what makes them good wrestlers. I would say that is very unfair. So then next no more head hunters, O and then no one that uses the stack, O wait no one that uses the arm bar, and so on and so on.
How great is it to see more and more girls out wrestling? I think that it is great. How many time have you seen the girls that wrestle use their legs? They do this for a reason. So now are we going to cut them out of the picture?

Re: Wrestling or Ultimate Fighting??? #384 01/21/05 01:46 PM
KCWrestlersMom Offline
I agree with the last three posters. If you don't like a particular move being executed on you, develop a good counter. It's a tough sport. And good point, Tarman. Once you get out of the little kids age brackets, generally the boys have a distinct advantage in upper body strength, so good for the girls that, rather than use that as an excuse for losing or to quit, develop technique with the legs. Of course, I prefer separate brackets but that's not always possible and that's another topic.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 149 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,385
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)