Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51491 09/21/05 11:22 PM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainAmerica:
What's the toughest tournament in Kansas.
Toughest Tournament Topic

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51492 09/21/05 11:23 PM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Curtis Chenoweth:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bronco Wrestler:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by billy_mcjackson_ripjc:
I think Bronco Wrestler just proved himself wrong on consecutive posts. That has to be a record.
These kind of actions have come to be expected from Bronco Wrestler, so you can't be too terribly surprised.
I resent that remark thank you.... if I'm not mistaken you're post total has magically jumped up as well Mr. Chenoweth. Is there something you aren't telling? A possible way to pad your post total without anyone knowing?
Where did the padding the post total come in at? Doesn't matter though, all of my posts are legitamite. Even if a lot of them were in response to stuff you said.
Why must you echo everything I say? Stop It!

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51493 09/21/05 11:44 PM
C
CaptainAmerica Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by sportsfan02:
Quote:
Originally posted by grizzly bear:
Yes, we here in Ulysses did lose our coach and now have a new one. Yes, both of the Heckels will be wrestling. And I agree with the comment that we will be better than the prediction shows. Looks like we'll have a pretty full line-up, especially in the upper-middle weights.
Who is the new coach?
I IM'd a friend there and it's a guy that coached there before. Coach Cue or something like that. I guess they won state there back in the 90's and they had some pretty good guys. It sounds like they are pretty pumped about the season, and are probably gonna have a lot more guys out, maybe. I guess all of the coaches are new, even at the junior high.

Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51494 09/22/05 12:06 AM
C
CaptainAmerica Offline
C
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainAmerica:
What's the toughest tournament in Kansas.
Toughest Tournament Topic
Thanks

Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51495 09/22/05 12:22 AM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
yea np

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51496 09/22/05 01:52 AM
power54 Offline OP
OP Offline
I had heard that preto was possibly goin to Holcomb? I had seen in the Garden paper he took a job at Garden City but he could possibly be a rule 10 coach at Holcomb? This is holcombs first year for a program though but I don't know of a better coach to start with. Preto seemed to do well with the talent he had and even had a couple state champ wrestlers himself. Also, Captain, what weight will the younger Heckel be at? and can you name some of the upperweight wrestlers you think should be tough?

Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51497 09/22/05 01:59 AM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
quote:
I think Bronco Wrestler just proved himself wrong on consecutive posts. That has to be a record.
These kind of actions have come to be expected from Bronco Wrestler, so you can't be too terribly surprised.
I resent that remark thank you.... if I'm not mistaken you're post total has magically jumped up as well Mr. Chenoweth. Is there something you aren't telling? A possible way to pad your post total without anyone knowing?
Where did the padding the post total come in at? Doesn't matter though, all of my posts are legitamite. Even if a lot of them were in response to stuff you said.

I don't mean to make it echo. I just like seeing a lot of quotation marks. It's fun to look at.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51498 09/22/05 02:07 AM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by power54:
I had heard that preto was possibly goin to Holcomb? I had seen in the Garden paper he took a job at Garden City but he could possibly be a rule 10 coach at Holcomb? This is holcombs first year for a program though but I don't know of a better coach to start with. Preto seemed to do well with the talent he had and even had a couple state champ wrestlers himself. Also, Captain, what weight will the younger Heckel be at? and can you name some of the upperweight wrestlers you think should be tough?
I believe Holcomb had wrestling back in the 1980's. So it's not the first time they've ever had it, but when did they drop it?

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51499 09/22/05 02:12 AM
power54 Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't have a clue. I talked to some guys from there after a football game and they didn't expect a good year but that is understandable. I'm not too old but I have followed wrestling for a while and I don't remeber them ever having wrestling but its possible. I beleive the SW Grapplers kids team is located in Holcomb. So, they could have a really good base for future wrestlers.

Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51500 09/22/05 02:18 AM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
Yeah, the only reason I knew they used to have a team is because my old high school coach started his kansas coaching career out there.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51501 09/22/05 02:28 AM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
I have a guy from Ulysses in my dorm room, and he said that Holcomb is starting a team back up. So I think the rumor is actually truth.

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51502 09/22/05 02:28 AM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't mean to make it echo. I just like seeing a lot of quotation marks. It's fun to look at.

this is quite impressive isn't it?

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51503 09/22/05 02:40 AM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

this is quite impressive isn't it?
I wonder how long we could do this.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51504 09/22/05 11:13 AM
C
CaptainAmerica Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by power54:
The younger Heckel is bigger then his brother. Maybe 160, or even 171.

Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51505 09/22/05 12:28 PM
S
Shelstin Offline
S
Coach Prieto is now an assistant at Garden City. Since he had been driving from Holcomb to Ulysses for seven years or so, it makes perfect sense to want to cut those miles back, especially after his accident on an icy road. He did an outstanding job in Ulysses, and was able to pull off a few good state tournaments. There have been some good kids come through under his tenure,,,Kory Lira, Tony Lewis, Joey Ortiz, Levi Eddie, Ryan Seger.....there are probably a few more. I am sure that Garden City is getting a good coach and a good teacher. From what I have heard, Joe Arrellano will be the head coach at Holcomb as a Rule 10, which means that he is non-certified staff. Holcomb dropped wrestling back in the early 90's. My best guess would be 93 or 94. It is my understanding that Prieto was offered the job, but the teaching position that was offered was either after Gardens offer or not what he was looking for. As far as what Ulysses will have to offer, my best guess is that they will move back into the top 10.

Rick Cue
ExHC
Ulysses
Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51506 09/27/05 02:18 PM
power54 Offline OP
OP Offline
So anybody have any picks from the eastern part of the state and wichita area? Also, what will the new wrestling regionals be especailly in the west when you throw TMP into the mix? I think that the western regionals are goin to be tough, but might get easier if Andale isn't included.

Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51507 09/27/05 05:24 PM
power54 Offline OP
OP Offline
Goodland is going to be tough, last year they were tough and young. this year they won't be young. I didn't realize they had 8 ret state qualifiers...wow. Goodluck Cowboys

Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51508 09/27/05 05:28 PM
R
rexpadre Offline
R
not that any one gives a rat's butt, that was me not power54 on the last post, I could explain what happened but I know no one cares, except I did not want power54 to trip out.

Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51509 10/17/05 05:32 PM
S
Shelstin Offline
S
Rexpadre...what are you guys going to have in wrestling this year? Your football team is doing well, and that usually carries over into other sports. It at least proves that you have athletes. It will be a huge game this Friday.

Rick Cue
ExHC
Ulysses
Re: Pre-Season 4A Picks #51510 10/17/05 08:11 PM
ulysses#11 Offline
Strong weights include 145-Brian Hauser, did not qualify but a good wrestler, 135-140 AJ Heckel, 152-160 Derek Heckel, 171-James Gerstberger(studly stallion), Vincent Orosco somewhere, 215-Saul Landeros, 119or125 Trey Adams, Travis Morphis might fill heavyweight. We do return some power and look to a top 10 finish.

I wuv ebonics
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 167 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)