Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53370 01/25/04 08:39 PM
Irish_Cheerleader Offline
Do any of you wrestlers think cheerleadings a sport??

CHEERLEADING is a SPORT!
Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53371 01/25/04 08:51 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Everywhere except Chapman, no just kidding. I don't really consider cheerleading to be a sport nor do I really see their purpose in wrestling aside from fixing the wrestlers nice little gift baskets like our cheerleaders did for us, and of course keeping us company on the bus rides. But honestly cheerleaders do alot of cheers that the crowd doesn't even follow. I could get into this very deeply but the simple answer in my opinion is no

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53372 01/25/04 09:00 PM
I mean I consider cheerleading a sport just because the athletic ability it does take, and the hard work that it takes for us to get stunts ready! I mean I'm not a wrestling cheerleader, but I do know how hard it is to work to get the crowd going, and the effort that is put into making signs, cheers, chants, and stunts! To you wrestlers who think that cheerleading isn't a sport.....I owuld like you to try all the stunts, and learn over 30 chants that sound the same, and memorize them and you tell me if you can do it all! I'm just trying to give u an idea of the things that we work so hard to do for you!

CHEERLEADING is a SPORT!
Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53373 01/25/04 09:11 PM
campuswrestler45 Offline
campus campus campus we always have hotties , my girlfriend is on there and shes the hottest one of all i dont think anyone but maybe mulvane can compete with us this year at least at the tournys and duals ive been to this year

Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53374 01/25/04 09:32 PM
Dr. Bailey.... Offline
Cheerleaders cheering at wrestling matches is annoying. BUT Columbus always has had a very VERY nice group of cheerleaders to look at inbetween matches, When we aren't thinking of food.

Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53375 01/25/04 10:23 PM
B
bswitz171 Offline
B
Irish I believe cheerleading is a sport if they compete at cheerleading competitions but other than that they are there to entertain the crowd. I'm not complaining though because I do enjoy to be entertained by good looking girls but I don't believe it's a sport unless they compete.

Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53376 01/25/04 10:58 PM
F
fatoldman Offline
F
I have been around cheerleading for some time (my daughter cheered all four years of high school) and I don't think that you want cheerleading to be classified as a sport because then it will fall under a different set of KSHSAA rules. For example, you would only be allowed to practice during the season in which the sport you are cheering for is in session. This means that if you are a wrestling cheerleader, you can only practice during wrestling season. Any other practices held as a squad outside of the season would violate KSHSAA rules. There are other KSHSAA rules regarding cheerleading that are outdated such as not being allowed to attend competitions. Because of the current rules, cheerleading should be classified as an athletic activity.

Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53377 01/25/04 11:52 PM
W
wrestler sister Offline
W
cheerleading_hottie015,
I dont know what you are talking about. You think I am ugly. . . I am sooo hurt by that. Really. Cheerleading is not a sport and never will be. Its just a stupid excuse for some girls to get out there and act stupid and go "yeah go guys" and thats all they can say. i would say 99% of cheerleaders dont even know what a take down or near fall is. thats pretty lame and goes to show that they are just there for their own purposes. Almost all the cheers i hear deal with "yeah" "go" "fight" and "win". Man that must be hard to memorize. or to make up.

Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53378 01/26/04 12:17 AM
W
wrestlerstud Offline
W
Anyone who was at beliot this weekend. did you see that girl i think she was from sabetha. was that pyles little sister? just wondering either way she was hot. i wish she was a cheerleader.

Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53379 01/26/04 12:33 AM
Well....Cheerleading for me and the rest of my fellow cheerleaders is not to get out there to just jump around and say let go guys! It's to support our school, and represent out spirit for our school! We love to cheer, and if you think we are only there to show off what we have you may be right! Everyone has there own opinion about Cheerleading. But if your not a cheerleader you wouldn't understand!

CHEERLEADING is a SPORT!
Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53380 01/26/04 01:10 AM
N
NortonSpectator Offline
N
i personally dont find cheerleading a sport.....unless its like the movie Bring it On where they go to their own compitions and such..but other then that...not much of a sport...but it is nice having them on the sideline cheering us on.

Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53381 01/26/04 01:35 AM
C
Circle_Cheerleader6 Offline
C
Wrestling Sister, you have some serious issues. I don't know where you get off saying all those horrible things about wrestling cheerleaders especially since we are supporting our teams just the same as you are. I would also like to say that our squad knows plenty about wrestling and we don't go to tourneys to "shake our butts" or have people ogle us but to actually watch and cheer on out guys. And another thing, not all cheerleaders are stupid as you seem to think so if you have any other bogus remarks you'd like to post, check your facts first.

~Katy
Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53382 01/26/04 02:02 AM
T
Tiltya4three Offline
T
i dont know about wrestling cheerleaders most of them arnt to good looking but ill tell you one thing the sring hill managers where looking really good the first day of the bobcat classic.

p.s. last year at chanute there cheerleaders look really good untell they got in truble for there skirts being to short or w/e they all had really nice tits too

Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53383 01/26/04 02:03 AM
T
Tiltya4three Offline
T
i dont know about wrestling cheerleaders most of them arnt to good looking but ill tell you one thing the sring hill managers where looking really good the first day of the bobcat classic.

p.s. last year at chanute there cheerleaders look really good untell they got in truble for there skirts being to short or w/e they all had really nice tits too

Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53384 01/26/04 02:04 AM
T
Tiltya4three Offline
T

p.s. last year at chanute there cheerleaders look really good untell they got in truble for there skirts being to short.

Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53385 01/26/04 02:10 AM
B
bswitz171 Offline
B
I sense a lot of hostility and I thank there needs to be mud wrestling match to settle this little dispute. Or maybe a type of exhibition match at a tournament. I would really aprove of both of these ideas. Tiltya4three I totally agree with you about the Spring Hill managers, they always do a good job of recruiting good looking managers. But I'm sure the Chanute cheerleaders would appreciate it if you referred to their chest as something a little less offensive.

Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53386 01/26/04 03:06 AM
C
cheerleading_hottie015 Offline
C
Wrestling Sister--
Once again.. you're showing how jealous you are! Did you not make the cut for the cheerleading squad and now you hate everyone that did?!? Believe it or not, us cheerleaders do more then sit there and yell "go team go.." Our whole squad understands what a near fall and a take down is. And who are you to stereo-type cheerleaders to be nothing but stupid bimbos who are only there to shake their asses for the guys?!? Im a Circle Cheerleader and if anything, we worry more about getting the crowd involved and stunting than we do worrying about if we're the center of attention!! I think you just need to realize wrestling cheerleaders aren't going anywhere and quit focusing on them and what they're doing at tournaments.. besides, shouldn't you be firmly focused on the match since you seem to know so much and be so involved in them!!

Re: Rank the cheerleaders!! #53387 01/26/04 04:20 AM
W
wrestler sister Offline
W
Jeez we sure do get offended. I can tell this isnt the first time you had to defend yourself for being a cheerleader. Why dont we get along and call truths? I actually dont have that big of a problem with cheerleaders actually. I have a handful of friends that actually are cheerleaders but I just like to tell them things to get them angry. Looks like you fell for it too. Sorry if this offends you all cheerleaders. Its went far enough I had to stop. The one thing I will stick to is that I dont believe cheerleading is a sport. Cheer on!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 135 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,385
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)