Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Tyler Leaves Shoes on the Mat #4679 03/20/05 06:26 PM
F
Full Contact Offline
F
This has been an extraordinarily tough year for many of us in the wrestling family. I lost my only sister due to an idiot drunk who decided to get behind the wheel and drive, our good friends in Haysville were devastated by a tragic murder/suicide and now the incomprehensible loss of a terrific kid, wrestler named Tyler, to cancer. Many of us have been searching for answers that we're not likely to find in this lifetime.

I do want to say a heartfelt 'thank you' to Mike Furches , for you and your family in continuing to do GOD's work and for being there for those in need. I don't think any of us can adequately express how much we appreciate the deeds you have rendered and the quality time you have shared.
Also, 'thank you' Tyler, for reminding all of us (again) that wrestling is so much more than what takes place on the mat. Wrestling emulates life more than any other sport. Which is probably why so many use the word yet don't really even understand the sport (i.e. wrestling over a decision of which car to buy, or college to attend, etc.). Wrestling (like life) also continues to bring out both the best and worst in people. Just last week at the Derby Novice Championships I watched a dad/coach nearly rip his son's arm out of the socket. He yanked him over to the bleachers, slammed him down and began to swear at him for the way he wrestled, tears rolled down this kid's eyes. He had lost his match 7-3. I walked up and put my hand on the dad/coaches shoulder and said, "hey, go easy on him big guy." Then yesterday, I watched a dad consoling his son at District with his arm around him he said: "Son, I know you're disappointed, but you had a great year, you wrestled very well and I'm so proud of you...I know this road is not an easy one." Then he hugged him and told him he loved him. Those are two extreme examples of why I continue to love (and sometimes hate) this sport. I'm sure there are others. My Dad sent me this awhile back and I wanted to share it in honor of Tyler's new journey. It helped me then & now, perhaps it will help some of you as well.

GOD SAID, NO.

I asked God to take away my habit,
God said, no.
It's not for me to take away but for you to give up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole,
God said, no.
His spirit is whole, his body (like life on earth) is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, no.
Patience is the by product of tribulations, it is not granted, but learned.

I asked God to give me happiness,
God said, no.
I give you blessings, happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain,
God said, no.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

Asked God to make my spirit grow,
God said, no.
You must grow on your own but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things so that I might enjoy life, God said, no.
I will give you life so that you can enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me love others as much as he loves me.
God said, , finally you have the idea.

God's love is great in celebration, disappointment and even in tragedy. Spread his love through your deeds and actions.
May God bless you.

Best Wishes - Coach Morrow

Re: Tyler Leaves Shoes on the Mat #4680 03/20/05 08:04 PM
wrestlemom33 Offline
our prayers are with you good luck tyler

Re: Tyler Leaves Shoes on the Mat #4681 03/21/05 03:01 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Condolences from the Brawlers.

Doug

Re: Tyler Leaves Shoes on the Mat #4682 03/21/05 06:30 PM
4myboys Offline
I am at a loss of words right now. I never got to meet Tyler, but through Mike feel as though I go to know him. My prayers and thoughts are with Tyler's family. Morrow, thanks for sharing the post that your dad sent you. I plan on sharing it with others. Tania Menges

Re: Tyler Leaves Shoes on the Mat #4683 03/22/05 02:15 AM
$partacus Offline
Mr Furches and Coach Morrow have spoken about the pain our tight knit wrestling community has endured this year. Through the victories and celebrations of our kids success we have been touched or moved by the extremely personal losses we have had this year. Thank you Mr Furches for everything you have done for Tyler and his family. Thank you Coach Morrow for sharing the poem with us that helped you through your very difficult times. We'll pray for blessing for Tyler and his family as well as the other tradegies we have seen this year.

$partacus

Re: Tyler Leaves Shoes on the Mat #4684 03/22/05 09:29 AM
G
golden dad Offline
G
As it is said in 2 tim 4:7 I have faught the good fight I have finished my course I have kept the faith. Tyler has finished the course in this life. He is now walking arm in arm with the Lord. Tyler has taught us all to keep fighting
and dont give up. I think Tyler has taught us all that there are more impotant things in life.

Re: Tyler Leaves Shoes on the Mat #4685 03/22/05 11:36 AM
Mike Juby Offline
If you would like to send condolences to Tyler's family, here is their address:

James and Christina Graebner
1002 W. 17th
Hutchinson, KS 67501

Re: Tyler Leaves Shoes on the Mat #4686 03/23/05 06:11 PM
tywrestling Offline
May God bless you all and all who knew Tyler. I did not personally know him but he will still be missed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 118 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)