Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Conifer online Wrestling Books Moved (Still Free) #148360 05/27/09 11:56 PM
D
dconifer Offline OP
OP Offline
D
People, thanks for all the emails asking where the wrestling stories disappeared to. I didn't know you cared! I changed ISPs so the old website disappeared. I just set them up on Google blogger sites. Here's where all the Conifer stuff is:

ConiferBooks

The two wrestling stories are at the bottom, just scroll down.

Free, as always...

Re: Conifer online Wrestling Books Moved (Still Free) [Re: dconifer] #152846 11/30/09 02:33 PM
D
dconifer Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hey wrestling people,

Sorry about the spam. Actually it's not a spam because I have nothing to gain.

I recently posted all of my books on a new site called Smashwords. This is a site where electronic books can be downloaded in various formats for any e-book reader, or as a word document or .pdf.

All my books, including my wrestling books, are absolutely free. I write for fun and I love knowing that somebody is reading what I write, even if it turns out that that they think my work is garbage (which they are plenty willing to tell me but that's part of the territory).

Here are links to where my two wrestling books can be downloaded. They are completely free and you won't have to register for anything, etc.

I don't write about wrestling anymore because these are by far my least popular stories. Too bad, because it's my favorite thing to write about. Both stories are about high school wrestlers in New Jersey.

Thanks

...dave conifer

Firehouse: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5989

Throwback: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5990

I'm participating in a program, Operation eBook Drop, by which American soldiers can download e-books for free (mine are actually free for everybody). The soldiers download tons of copies of Throwback and FireHouse.

Statistics show that a very high percentage of our soldiers wrestled in high school, something that doesn't surprise me. I think that's why they like these two books disproportionately.

Re: Conifer online Wrestling Books Moved (Still Free) [Re: dconifer] #155832 01/13/10 07:10 PM
D
dconifer Offline OP
OP Offline
D
:: UPDATE -- STILL FREE BUT USE THE COUPON CODES LISTED BELOW ::

Here’s where my high school wrestling e-books are available completely free of charge in all eBook (Kindle, Nook, Sony, etc.) and electronic formats (readers will have to sign up for a Smashwords account but that’s free too):

Throwback: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5990
100% off Coupon code: TP48Z (expires 3/31/2010)

FireHouse: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5989
100% off Coupon code: RD22H (expires 3/31/2010)

I’ve just finished editing hardcopy version of these books and they are about to become available via Amazon (FireHouse already is) at cost.

As per the book hardcopies, please note that there is a 2004 version (gray cover) and a 2009 version (green cover) of Throwback. The green one is better and cheaper . daveconifer@rocketmail.com

Moderated by  usawks1 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 91 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox, Coach Lueders, forty
12296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,911
Posts250,304
Members12,296
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)