Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: coachtmac29] #167196 03/30/10 08:00 PM
J
Jeremy Molloy Offline
J
I have coached with Coach Knox during freestyle and greco,only one season, it is completely different then the regular season. I am not knocking what coach Knox does for the kids or their talent just the way some of his coaches and parents act. He does great things for kids that probably wouldnt have a chance to do well in life that is great for them and him.

Jeremy Molloy
Derby Wrestling
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: goarmy] #167206 03/30/10 10:04 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
If you are implying that bald coaches are somehow "lesser qualified", I will have my personal hairstylist/bodyguard Jerry Dale open the can of whooopa$$ on ya!!!!

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: doug747] #167208 03/30/10 10:36 PM
L
luellen Offline
L
Jerry, call me & I will bring a can next time I am down that way. They dont sell it in dist 2.

Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: CWB] #167209 03/30/10 10:39 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: CRB
Sad
We cant do much about the people in the stands.But whe sure can fix the people on the mats.Giving the finger to people up in the stands is not right at all.Right at that time HE should have been booted out.He just showed all the kids he helps what is an ok manner.
When walking around the mats,I had my toes walked on 3 times.Only one time did any one NOT say sorry.But in stead acted as if I got in his way.Be for this I walked around the group,after that I walked though the middle of them.If I get no respect for people I will give no respect back.

I show my kids what is right on and off the mat.

I am trying to figure out why you were even in the building. Showing the kids to take responsiblity?

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: doug747] #167210 03/30/10 10:40 PM
Lucas Baker Offline
I was reading all this and came up with a few questions. Ten years ago there was a Kid by the Name of Thomas Rhodes we all new him as T-BONE from TOHKs. He was a great wrestler but had no control of himself. As a 4th grader in a Camp at Ark City he told a coach that if he did not shut up he was going to kick his @$$ He was a 4th grader!!! I was just wondering what happen to him I never heard about him in High School and he was damn good in kids?
I remember T-bone walking out to the mat to shake the kids hand during the parade of champions with dark black sunglasses on. When the other kid put his hand out T-bone pulled his back and did the two hands to the crotch that was a popular pro wrestling taunt at the time. That was ten years ago funny how some things never change!

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Lucas Baker] #167213 03/30/10 10:44 PM
Lucas Baker Offline
Are there Drug testing rules for Coaches, cuz the White Cadillac with gold rims in the parking lot smelled a little funny.

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Lucas Baker] #167215 03/30/10 10:55 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
Originally Posted By: Lucas Baker
Are there Drug testing rules for Coaches, cuz the White Cadillac with gold rims in the parking lot smelled a little funny.

Lucas, there are times I think, you should probably think, before you write down what you think.

Lee Girard
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: ReDPloyd] #167217 03/30/10 11:16 PM
Lucas Baker Offline
Why!!!! Its the truth?

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Lucas Baker] #167218 03/30/10 11:23 PM
Lucas Baker Offline
I did think!!!! I came up with this. If my Kids wrestling coaches were smoking pot in the parking lot of the state tournament I would like to know!!!! I hope you would too!!! Sorry if you cant handle the truth!!

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Lucas Baker] #167219 03/30/10 11:30 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
Originally Posted By: Lucas Baker
I did think!!!! I came up with this. If my Kids wrestling coaches were smoking pot in the parking lot of the state tournament I would like to know!!!! I hope you would too!!! Sorry if you cant handle the truth!!

Oh, my bad. I didn't get the part where you were actually accusing or insinuating (take you pick) some club's wrestling coaches with partaking of the herb in the parking lot. I thought you meant you walked by a car and smelled something funny. I didn't know how that pertained to this thread.

Last edited by ReDPloyd; 03/31/10 09:43 AM.

Lee Girard
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: ReDPloyd] #167220 03/30/10 11:32 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
If there were coaches in the parking lot smoking grass, then yes, I would not agree with what they were doing.

Lee Girard
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: ReDPloyd] #167221 03/30/10 11:50 PM
J. Dale Offline
When 5 of the top 7 teams at state were from district 2 it looks to me like they sell all kinds of those cans.

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: J. Dale] #167228 03/31/10 12:30 AM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: J. Dale
If you want to call someone or some team out then at least be big enough to leave your name.
Jerry Dale

i think even better would be to send a pm. why do it on the forum? last year i had issue with a situation, and sent coach knox a pm. worked it out just fine.

the R E S P E C T thing is a two way street. if you boo, you get flipped off, both are over the top, neither is respectful.

if you step on someones toes, say excuse me, if they forget their manners, remind them in a polite way.

if you don't like them, don't watch.

if they sell cans of whoopa$$ in d2, they must bottle it in SEK, cause there is a much smaller population, yet still good team scores.

if you don't like white cadillacs smellin' like dope, don't stick your head in them.
seriously kids SAY NO TO DRUGS.

if you add up all the success stories and failures FROM ALL CLUBS/SCHOOLS i think you will be suprised at the outcome.

if you don't like TOHK, WORK HARD, WRESTLE HARDER, CAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BEAT 'EM.

seriously i saw plenty of poor sportsmanship, and none of it came from tohk this weekend. not saying they didn't act poorly, i just didn't see it. but i saw it from alot of other clubs. i guess i have alot of pm's to send. i'll start with....................

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: HEADUP] #167235 03/31/10 01:00 AM
J. Dale Offline
please please let it be me.

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: HEADUP] #167236 03/31/10 01:02 AM
2coach Offline
I don't think its about not liking the kids that wrestle for the team of hard knocks, I believe its about how the coaches acted that are making people mad. Like I said I was not there so I cant say much, but please don't make it about the kids everyone knows that all them kids wrestle hard but what kid there doesn't? And to make it a race issue that's dumb, Carlos I know you, my kids love you and Martin as coaches but come on man it's not cause they're black or good. It is cause some coaches act bad, are they the only ones, heck no, in the years that I have been there it has been a lot of other coaches of all races. But they must go further then others and to flip the fans off WOW just think how many little kids were up there that seen that. As a former coach if someone booed my boys I would try to look up and see who they were and find them later.

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: KANSAS PRIDE] #167242 03/31/10 01:26 AM
T
tfamilywrestlers Offline
T
We have been around for 2yrs now & I can say what I have seen with this team is not sportsmanship. they crowd around the mat so no one can see the matches & there is no reason for this. I have seen for my self where they have purposely chocked the kids out where they are not breathing there were 3 in district and this is not the 1st time. This is not sportsmanship. not to mention they also with have their kids hurt the others on purpose just to win, this is not sportsmanship. They like to also take it to the high school team which they farm the team from TOHX where there was a parent who told their kid off their hts hs team to rip a girls arm off becuz he wasn't winning & purposely hurt another girl just becuz they could then got mad becuz she was given the match. I have seen TOHX go around the tourney's like they own the place and almost always are standing in the way so you can not watch a match. from what I have also seen is that they also seem to have some officials in their pockets. Which is another issue all in itself. I thought that this was about technique & sportsmanship and that is what we are teaching our kids no matter what team they are on. I have seen this with this team the past couple years & it is getting old & the sad part is that those who need to know do as they are also sitting on the boards of just about every part of the usa wrestling if you look at who are the board members and such. So it would do no good to say anything any way. they just laugh us off like they are now. I am very seriously double thinking the whole wrestling deal with my kids. the officials allow this bad behavior from this team and I have seen a couple where they have stopped matches before the kids have gotten hurt then I have seen them like district where they allow the injuries due to whom the teams are. which is not right. the other thing is they like to run off the mat so they can collect points they try to make it look like the other team is doing it. the officials don't call it either. I was sitting in the stands when CHARLES KNOX told his wrestler you are up holding your family name & honor you do what you have to, to make it up & win this next match that is when they chocked the kid out to the point he had passed out. that is just plain wrong. no to mention the intentional headbutting to try to win a match then have the parents sit there & say the kid is a bleeder. are you kidding me.

Yes I have gotten to know the kids from the TOHX & HTS & they are nothing like what I have seen or heard from the parents or coaches. which is very sad. this is not about them behaving as a team if that is what you consider being a team no thanks.

the behavior of some of the parents & coaches remind me of gang behaviors or thugs!! really that is not what I want my kid to learn or to teach them dirty tricks and bring in someone that knows martial arts to teach them tricks so they can get away with not have a ref call them on it & giving it to the other team who is wrestling fair.

yes this is a very soar subject with me and this is not the only team I have seen act this way but this is the main one I have seen.

there is nothing wrong with dedication and lots of hard work from a team to learn technique and SPORTSMANSHIP

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: n7m13c99] #167246 03/31/10 01:34 AM
T
tfamilywrestlers Offline
T
I like that idea!!!

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: 2coach] #167247 03/31/10 01:37 AM
J
jmbsr Offline
J
Retract

Last edited by jmbsr; 04/01/10 05:32 PM. Reason: Retract
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: jmbsr] #167249 03/31/10 01:54 AM
T
tfamilywrestlers Offline
T
they want to quote scripture but what I see is not christen behavior from the parents or the coaches. I should say not all the parents behave like that either. What I have seen is pretty sad behaviors from adults that are suppose to be TEACHING the kids SPORTSMANSHIP and RESPECT! I have had parents both for the hts hs & TOHX come up and talk to us and our children who have been very respectful & polite. I am not saying that all of them behave in this manner. but there are enough that do and make a bad name/reputation for the teams.

we have practiced with GODDARD a few times & am impressed with what I have seen out there.

I think we also tend to forget that this is also about fun for the kids. Some parents need to learn to not take it so serious too. there is a parent that is so loud she is louder then anyone that is doing the announcing on the microphone. that is also very rude.

no it is not right to boo a kid but it is more the coaches behaviors which should not be taken out on the kids. They should not be allowed to barricaid the mat either.

I like the contract for the kids that is a really good idea. making them write an apology to the team/wrestler.

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: luellen] #167259 03/31/10 03:31 AM
popeye Offline
What I witnessed was not booing but cheering. If I remember it was mat 12, a backside elimination match between a TOHK and Hutchinson wrestler. The Hutch wrestler came from behind late in the match to win a exciting match. The large group of Hutchinson fans were seated behind mat 12(The whole group).
They cheered when the Hutch wrestler reversed the TOHK wrestler to his back as time was running down to win the match.
I did not witness any booing till after the match was over and the wrestlers left the mat. I did see the coach motion the section(Dont know if he fliped the finger) and walk away. I dont think anyone in this case was rooting against the TOHK wrestler but rooting on the Hutch wrestler. Any booing came after the match was over.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 115 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,383
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)