Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
numbers like in the middle schools #173848 10/26/10 09:23 PM
F
fastonyourfeet Offline OP
OP Offline
F
How miny kids are out for middle school wrestling around the state.

Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: fastonyourfeet] #173932 10/28/10 03:51 AM
S
Shelstin Offline
S
Ulysses had 28

Rick Cue
ExHC
Ulysses
Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: Shelstin] #173946 10/28/10 01:29 PM
L
lakemats Offline
L
Silver Lake 20

Tim Horgan
Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: lakemats] #173947 10/28/10 01:36 PM
J
jamesrenfro Offline
J
Cherryvale 22

TCOB
Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: jamesrenfro] #173964 10/28/10 08:59 PM
F
fastonyourfeet Offline OP
OP Offline
F
How miny kids does rossville royal valley holton have out. I heard sabetha has 20 out...

Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: fastonyourfeet] #173966 10/28/10 09:35 PM
Coach Davies Offline
I wonder what it would feel like to not have a middle school wrestling program, be the only school in your league without it and also be pretty much the only one in the KCk area without it.....OH WAIT! I do know what that feels like because that is us... I hope everyone with a middle school wrestling program is thankful they have one. Good luck to everyone this year!

Zach Davies
SMNW Cougar Wrestling
Cougar Kids Wrestling
zdavies001@gmail.com
Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: Coach Davies] #173968 10/28/10 09:47 PM
L
lakemats Offline
L
That's weird you're the only school in the league not to offer. Have to fix that. I know 501 in topeka doesnt offer wrestling in the jr high and it shows with their high school programs, especially in the numbers. Almost as bad as the spring wrestling in western kansas. Who else runs a spring season?

Side note, I think Rossville has 17 out and was told today marysville has 24.

Last edited by lakemats; 10/28/10 09:50 PM.

Tim Horgan
Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: lakemats] #173986 10/29/10 01:38 AM
bigwillyxl Offline
We hosted a dual tonight and had the following:

Pioneer Ridge (Gardner) -35
Spring Hill -43
Paola -30

Really good numbers on a yearly basis from these teams.

Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: bigwillyxl] #173993 10/29/10 04:58 AM
harlow93 Offline
i think some of the western schools are having a fall season

Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: lakemats] #173997 10/29/10 12:58 PM
C
Coach Prieto Offline
C
The new league out here in Western Kansas, GWAC, started their middle wrestling season right after football. Member schools include: Holcomb, Hugoton, Ulysses, Scott City, Colby, and Goodland. My son is wrestling for Holcomb and have roughly 20 plus kids out. Their first tournament is this Saturday in Goodland. Just because some middle schools don't wrestle in the fall doesn't mean "we out here" in Western Kansas don't have our kids doing something wrestling related. Greater Gold wrestling club has already started and is sending many kids to Amarillo and other big tournaments.....

Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: bigwillyxl] #174002 10/29/10 02:28 PM
Paratroop Offline
Originally Posted By: bigwillyxl
We hosted a dual tonight and had the following:

Pioneer Ridge (Gardner) -35
Spring Hill -43
Paola -30

Really good numbers on a yearly basis from these teams.

Sweet! Post some results in the middle school post in kids wrestling if you got some. I knows it's tough sometimes with so many wrestlers and lots of times two mats. I started the thread so we can keep up on both the fall and spring seasons. Hopefully we'll see some of the kids meet in the KS MS state/Iowa national duals qualifier in March!

B. Star
Lawrence, KS
Sunflower Kids Wrestling Club
"Rivals on the mat, friends in life"
Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: Coach Prieto] #174003 10/29/10 02:40 PM
Paratroop Offline
Originally Posted By: Coach Prieto
The new league out here in Western Kansas, GWAC, started their middle wrestling season right after football. Member schools include: Holcomb, Hugoton, Ulysses, Scott City, Colby, and Goodland. My son is wrestling for Holcomb and have roughly 20 plus kids out. Their first tournament is this Saturday in Goodland.

That's great! Post some results if you can get them. I am thinking I am going to try and push the main table this year to get some results to post on the Kids forum. I just think that not a lot are on this forum all the time except some of the "hardcores."I know our wrestling fans up in the NE would love to see how your doing out West! I know in Lawrence anyway, a lot of our wrestlers will keep and eye on some of the SW kids since we'll see each other in 6a! Good luck this MS season. You got to love KS wrestling this time of year. I know I am excited!

B. Star
Lawrence, KS
Sunflower Kids Wrestling Club
"Rivals on the mat, friends in life"
Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: Paratroop] #174009 10/29/10 04:22 PM
K
Kit Harris Offline
K
Baldwin has 29 on the JH team this year

Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: fastonyourfeet] #174010 10/29/10 04:27 PM
M
mhiggins Offline
M
Osawatomie has 35

Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: mhiggins] #174011 10/29/10 04:40 PM
U
up4wrestling Offline
U
Holton Jr High 32 as of Tuesday night looking forward to a great season!

Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: Coach Davies] #174020 10/29/10 09:04 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Originally Posted By: Davies
I wonder what it would feel like to not have a middle school wrestling program, be the only school in your league without it and also be pretty much the only one in the KCk area without it.....OH WAIT! I do know what that feels like because that is us... I hope everyone with a middle school wrestling program is thankful they have one. Good luck to everyone this year!

So sad for you. Know how you feel.
No schools in Wichita have middle school wrestling.
Good luck to them and you as well.

Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: XGHSWC] #174023 10/29/10 09:33 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
Originally Posted By: XGHSWC

No schools in Wichita have Junior High wrestling? That is sad. I realize that the wrestlers can go out and get some excellent competition and matches in by going to Kid's tournaments that time of year, but they are not being exposed to the "team concept" of wrestling that is so important going into High School. There is something very special about the Junior High programs that you really don't get in Kid's Federation.

Lee Girard
Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: ReDPloyd] #174026 10/29/10 10:09 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Originally Posted By: ReDPloyd

No schools in Wichita have Junior High wrestling? That is sad. I realize that the wrestlers can go out and get some excellent competition and matches in by going to Kid's tournaments that time of year, but they are not being exposed to the "team concept" of wrestling that is so important going into High School. There is something very special about the Junior High programs that you really don't get in Kid's Federation.

10-4 ReDPloyd and totally agree.
When most of my son's wrestling friends were on the Kid's circuit instead of JH because it was "so much better", he was wrestling for his junior high school.
Imagine that he still got good enough to win the Classic and Kid's State in the HS division, as well as placing at HS state and twice at Brute inspite of all that "inferior" competititon.
It was a great experience for him and he still got the "better" competition because it always ended before the Classic just like high school.

Last edited by XGHSWC; 10/29/10 10:09 PM.
Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: ReDPloyd] #174027 10/29/10 10:23 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S

I don't believe the Wichita public schools offer any competitive middle school sports which explains why their high school sports, as a whole, are what they are.

Re: numbers like in the middle schools [Re: XGHSWC] #174029 10/29/10 11:55 PM
ReDPloyd Offline

10-4 ReDPloyd and totally agree.
When most of my son's wrestling friends were on the Kid's circuit instead of JH because it was "so much better", he was wrestling for his junior high school.
Imagine that he still got good enough to win the Classic and Kid's State in the HS division, as well as placing at HS state and twice at Brute inspite of all that "inferior" competititon.
It was a great experience for him and he still got the "better" competition because it always ended before the Classic just like high school.

XGHSWC,

Thank you and much appreciation for your input. It is a great experience for Junior High wrestlers to be a part of a team effort in an individual sport. When they are on the mat, only they can make a difference in that match. As a teammate, they can be a contributor to a team win.

Lee Girard
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 167 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,953
Posts250,389
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)