Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: nix] #187278 03/21/11 02:50 AM
J
jule Offline
J
Hossus wasn't aware that I called you out or personal attacked you. I responded to you after you responded to me. Wasn't attacking you sorry if you felt that way. Does seem like this year on the forum D4 is getting attacked quite a bit. Can you tell me why and what other things we have done that was breaking the rules. I have one question for anyone did no one from State look at the district flyers when they went out? If they did why was nothing done then? If they didn't why not? Ok i guess that is more then one question.

Headup I tried pink, I tried green, I tried blue what color do you like anyway????

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: jule] #187279 03/21/11 02:52 AM
C
Cowbuff Offline
C
we are better looking in D4 they cant handle the truth

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #187280 03/21/11 02:53 AM
Pelland Offline
Originally Posted By: RichardDSalyer
Originally Posted By: Pelland
Again, I don't think Pratt did anything wrong regarding weigh-in times.....unless the definition of flexable has changed. If the state wanted all State Series tournaments to be identical, all tournament directors should have been notified, and quite frankly all the tournament flyers should have been done by the state.........
Did you consult with your District Director regarding the weigh-in time?

I had a couple of clubs asking about a flyer sometime around the 1st of March. I made a flyer, sent it to our District director. I asked him to look it over and let me know if I needed to change anything. I waited 3-4 days, didn't get a reply, so I sent it to Mike Juby to be posted.

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Pelland] #187282 03/21/11 03:00 AM
nix Offline
man my last post was along time ago i truly am done after this one, hossus i do get what your saying, i really hate getting my self caught up in a debate, but time and time again i find myself in them.

i have said my peace. good luck to you all at state no hard feeling's kind of a fun debate. have a safe summer

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Pelland] #187283 03/21/11 03:04 AM
C
Cowbuff Offline
C
thought the weigh in was great it was nice weighing in and having time to relax my family enjoyed the extra time to relax and check out pratt and watch the seniors wrestle to those who are complaining u run it next year and we will find something you did to whine about

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Hossus] #187286 03/21/11 05:43 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Hossus
Nice try, if the moderators ask me to change my moniker I will or I'll change mine when Headup, Jule, Sportfan02 and others do since they have attacked me repeatedly and personally.

Uhh point of order, where have I attacked you? I simply have asked you repeatedly how the weigh-in times in D4 were a disadvantage to other districts. To date, you have been unable or unwilling to provide any reasons that would be the case! And I don't care what screename you use.

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: sportsfan02] #187289 03/21/11 10:20 AM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
Nice try, if the moderators ask me to change my moniker I will or I'll change mine when Headup, Jule, Sportfan02 and others do since they have attacked me repeatedly and personally.

Uhh point of order, where have I attacked you? I simply have asked you repeatedly how the weigh-in times in D4 were a disadvantage to other districts. To date, you have been unable or unwilling to provide any reasons that would be the case! And I don't care what screename you use.

sorry you felt attacked, what i was trying to do was keep you on point. consistency is the only argument here. advantages, disadvantages, parking, you were ending up in nowhere.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: S Biddle] #187291 03/21/11 11:38 AM
L
lylegeyer Offline
L
Originally Posted By: S Biddle
John, the only issue I have with it is that every District was suppose to do the same thing.
Every dist. did do the same thing. They held weigh in, seeded the top four, and had a tourny. If your actually talking about (time) again. Then here is another point about (time). Next week all state qualifiers need to sit in a car for the same amount amount of time. No running to lose weight, no relaxing in front of TV. just sitting in a car for seven or eight hours to make it fair because thats what Hugoton will have to do. Sounds retarded now don't it? Oh and Topeka kids will have to go get a room somewhere other then their own home. Its not fair they get to sleep in their own bed. Get over it already, you all sound like a bunch of Jr. high girls.

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: lylegeyer] #187324 03/21/11 10:55 PM
nix Offline
hossus a few more things here.

the board voted to have wrestling start at 9am looks like d2 started at 8:30am your own district did not follow the rules either but no one see you complaing that they did not follow suit as the other districts. why not complain about that.

second, d2 ran a split format while the other 3 districts did not but no one see's you complaining about that, looks to me like they did not follow suit as all the other districts. why not complain about that.

now i can care less about what d2 did or not do, the have people to make smart decisions, what i do care about is someone in d2 complaining about things that d4 done but does not want to do the same about there own district.

like i said d2 started wrestling early and ran a split format, d4 started weigh ins early, they both went outside of the boards vote, because they thought that would be best for there own district. like i said no one see's you pointing out what d2 did do they.

d2 i have all the respect in the world for you this is not a complaint about you, just pointing some things out to hossus about complaining

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Hossus] #187326 03/21/11 11:19 PM
nix Offline
Pelland,

Problem is that Dist 4 seems to go their own way sometimes and I am not the only one who thinks that. Every year actually since we've been wrestling. There have been several issues raised during this series alone that involve Dist 4 where they made changes and or ommissions. Mr. Stanleys statement above was made prior to series and was an assurance that compliance would be maintained. It is the failure of the state committee to back what has been said and maintain uniformity. I have very little to gain here except animosity. I just have a quirky sense of following the rules/guidelines that were put forth. Due mostly from having been slanted by the rules ourselves in the past and from others in similar situations. I don't hate on anyone, just dealing with the facts and informing the public of the inconsistantcies.

are these your words why are you only informing the public of the inconsistantcies of d4 and not informing them of d2, oh because i forgot you are from d2 guess theres my answer.

don't take this as a personal attack, because i assure it is not, but if you are going to point out things to the public about d4 then maybe you should point out things in your own backyard as well.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: nix] #187328 03/21/11 11:53 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
uh oh, here comes a whole new list of advantages and disadvantages!

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: HEADUP] #187331 03/22/11 12:29 AM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
someone brought up sleeping in your own bed....so i did some checking. turns out not all the motels in topeka are consistent!!!

the capitol plaza is right next to the expo centre. talk about advantages for proximity. i mean by the time i get up, eat breakfast, drive to the arena, i'll have to go to the bathroom about the time the opening ceremonies start. someone at the plaza can take their time, go number 2, then stroll over to the arena, no rush, no hurry. ADVANTAGE!!

the holiday inn has a curly slide. imagine all the energy those kids save standing in line rather than treading water. ADVANTAGE!!

can you believe that some motels don't have feather pillows? can you say DISADVANTAGE!! what about velux blankets??? where's the consistency??

i told my son when we bought our tennament on wheels, that he was the luckiest kid in the world. i mean who else can drive through McDonald's and never leave their house??? ADVANTAGE!!

look, all kidding aside, consistency is key, and there were some inconsistencies. looks like all districts, took care of themselves, in one way or another. but to sit back and point fingers, and try to claim that one district has an advantage over another is ridiculous,. it's making excuses, which is part of preparing the path, beeson. i'm sorry hossus if you felt attacked, by anyone, but i tried to warn you. there is no room for excuses in the wrestling world. please don't get caught up in petty things like this. your kids have worked too hard, they have enough pressure and stress already. they hear what you say, don't think they don't, it's called selective hearing. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: HEADUP] #187334 03/22/11 12:50 AM
ReDPloyd Offline
HEADUP,

Thanks for reminding me:

I have updated the advertisement since last year.

Try staying at the Hotel Girard, just twenty-five miles down beautiful I70 in cozy Lawrence Kansas (where the grass is greener when you go downtown). For just $42.95/night stay (last year $39.95 but the price of gas is killing me), you get the following amenities:

1) Lighted cul-de-sac parking (limited to the first ten arrivals), otherwise, neighborhood street parking (not lit);

2) Living room and basement sleeping areas that can accommodate up to fifty people comfortably, seventy-five people less comfortably (bring your own air mattress);

3) Zoo like atmosphere for the little ones (40-gallon fish tank loaded with all sorts of fish, two cockatiels that bite, four morning doves, two parakeets that bite, one chinchilla that bites, and one black lab that just lays there, newest addition - a 1-year old German Shepherd that is a spazzoid, and bites). For those with bird allergies, get here early to reserve a living room sleeping area;

4) Live entertainment - watch my wife yell at me for doing something stupid, watch my wife yell at our kids for doing something stupid, watch my wife yell for no reason at all (nothing has changed, still very entertaining);

5) Recreation available - basketball goal in cul-de-sac (no parking under the basket) and fully enclosed trampoline in the back yard (watch for (2 times) the dog feces when going to and from the trampoline);

6) Gourmet breakfast - there is an IHOP less that a mile from the house;

7) Jacuzzi Hot Tub on premise - not for public use, but it is on premise.

I doubt any hotel in Topeka can give you as much bang for your buck!

Garrett qualified, so we will see you all this weekend.

Lee Girard
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: ReDPloyd] #187339 03/22/11 01:13 AM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Let me know when you get to 73 in the basement I want to be #74 and #75 and I am in.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Teamroper] #187346 03/22/11 01:34 AM
nix Offline
lee you did not mention how many bathrooms we will have or are those not for public use either.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: nix] #187352 03/22/11 02:03 AM
ReDPloyd Offline
No problem there Nix. The back yard is for public use with a six foot privacy fence all the way around. One word of advice though, step lightly around the doggy glitch mines, and don't trip over the slumbering obese black lab because you might stir up the spazzoid German Shepherd pup who just might take a bite out of anything that moves.

Lee Girard
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,385
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)