Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: ReDPloyd] #202817 03/08/12 07:09 AM
WillyM Offline
Is a fudge tunnel the same as a fudge packer? If so, and f_t wrestled, did he wear a pink singlet?

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: fudge_tunnel] #202818 03/08/12 10:33 AM
W
Westfahl Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I could be wrong, my memory gets fuzzy, but I think Bozarth was a multiple state champ. I think at least three. He was 158-14 lifetime and I don't think he lost his last two or three years in high school. Like I said I might be wrong and often am but I am pretty sure he was a multiple state champ. Hey they don't kill you here for being wrong though.

I know one thing for sure, Chaney and Bozarth were two of the best 215's that we have had on the mat in this meet at the same time. They were pretty good.

Last edited by Westfahl; 03/08/12 10:48 AM.
Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: fudge_tunnel] #202841 03/08/12 02:23 PM
badbo Offline
Fudge, First of all you are a coward to come on here and call out Bo and not leave your name. If you think Bo was pinned that is your right, it was sure close. But to spew the crap that Bo would not have even won 1 title in MO is crap. Bo was kicking the shit out of a kid who was alot bigger than and him and rightfully so. He was pushing for points to get his team a major and got caught in a very tight and good cradle. Hats off to the MO kid. But Bo was clearly better while giving up 10 pounds plus. And your statement about Bo not winning a title in MO. Go ask Kevin Kinney, Skyler Wood, Darick Lapaglia, Russ Coleman, about how Bo would do in MO at state. Ask them how he does against them in the room in the off season. Or ask Coachs Erneste, Hagerty, or Mayabb. Bo has nothing to prove to you.

By your logic MO's own Daniel Lewis should have never won state the last two years. He got teched by a kid who got 5th at state. He got caught in a cradle not once but 5 times. Now anybody in the know, believes Daniel deserves all he wins, he is awesome.

Mike Pursel

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: badbo] #202846 03/08/12 03:01 PM
W
Westfahl Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Mike I will go to my grave knowing that he was not pinned and I was looking straight into it. Lots of us have gotten caught in cradles in our lives and that is no big deal. Bo is one of my favorite kids and a great high school wrestler. You are sure right, he doesn't have one thing to prove to anyone on here. He is a great one.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: Westfahl] #202851 03/08/12 03:26 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Very well said as always Mr. Pursel.

Lets see . . . hasn't Bo been an AA at Fargo several times? And, wouldn't that logical imply that he is one of the BEST in the country . . . not just one of the BEST in the two state war . . .

And, Mr. Fudge . . . why don't you wrestle Bo? I'd bet 100 bucks he'd kick your *ss pretty easy. . . I know this old man (me) sure would not want to wrestle him.

What an insult to say he wouldn't even be a one-timer in MO. That kind of cr*p needs to be taking of the board.

I guess that Roberson guy from KS who was a four timer, was also not talented and just got lucky the year he was a D-1 champ?

Grow up fudge. It is not about MO vs. KS. It is about our great sport of WRESTLING.

I was born and raised in Independence, MO. I had the 'fun' of wrestling the Park Hills, Oak Parks, Blue Springs of the KC metro area. 'Fun' in quotes because I wasn't very good and they didn't have the 15 point tech rule. Ha.

I have lived and taught in KS for the last 18 years. Quality wrestling is quality wrestling. That is one reason I enjoy some of our KS tourneys that bring in out of state teams. These tourneys also don't worry about if a kid is 4a or 5a or 3,2,1a... I like the Newton tourney. I love the B. Linwood tourney (which Bo won AGAIN this year).

It is not about Mo vs Ks in such a silly, JR HS way. Sure a 'rivalry' is fun. But it ideally should be done respectful and with good sportsmanship from all (as Mr. Pursel and many others demonstrate on this forum).

Alas though, I understand that some of us will never attain to that higher standard of life. So sad for them.

To have their state be their god. Their idol. They can't see the mountains (our great sport of wrestling) because they are blinded by the trees in their own front yard (their idolatry like 'love' for their state, at the high cost of excluding any other wrestlers not from their god-like state).

Way to go Bo! Way to go KS! Good try MO, better luck next year!

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: Dean Welsh] #202898 03/08/12 07:47 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
[/quote]
Funny.........we had the same view on the north side, and he was clearly pinned. A few times. To a 1x 5th place finisher. You're little 4x-er would have been a 0x-er in MO. [/quote]

Wow, I cannot believe what I just read. Did my eyes deceive me? I sure hope so because otherwise I would think that this fudge packer character is a complete idiot and you know that I don't want to pass judgement on anyone as I am still trying to get to heaven.

I am sorry that Bo was insulted to the degree with which he was. We all know how legit Bo is, well at least anyone who knows anything knows that. Plus he is about the greatest "kid" one could ever have the pleasure of meeting.

No need for me to say anything else though as badbo, Westfahl and Welsh pretty much covered it.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: XGHSWC] #202932 03/09/12 01:22 AM
W
Westfahl Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Yep, anyone that thinks any wrestler can't get caught in a good cradle is a guy that hasn't done it much. I've seen world class wrestlers get caught and pinned and it can happen to anyone and I don't care how good you are. Bo is one of the great kids I have ever known in this state and I would go to war with him any day of the week against anybody. Only a total idiot would say what that fool said. One look at his name on here tells you all you need to know about him. I would imagine even the Missouri guys think that.

By the way. I saw Shawn Garell get caught by Billy Martin and pinned in the finals of the Big 8 tourney. Eldon Zimbleman was the referee. Unlike Bo though, Shawn did not get off his back. Bo did, to his credit, and we won. They will just have to get over it.

Last edited by Westfahl; 03/09/12 01:24 AM.
Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: XGHSWC] #202935 03/09/12 01:35 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: XGHSWC
[/quote]
Funny.........we had the same view on the north side, and he was clearly pinned. A few times. To a 1x 5th place finisher. You're little 4x-er would have been a 0x-er in MO.

Wow, I cannot believe what I just read. Did my eyes deceive me? I sure hope so because otherwise I would think that this fudge packer character is a complete idiot and you know that I don't want to pass judgement on anyone as I am still trying to get to heaven.

I am sorry that Bo was insulted to the degree with which he was. We all know how legit Bo is, well at least anyone who knows anything knows that. Plus he is about the greatest "kid" one could ever have the pleasure of meeting.

No need for me to say anything else though as badbo, Westfahl and Welsh pretty much covered it. [/quote]

Off topic but . . . you don't have to work to get to heaven. Good works merely show that you are already saved. They get no one saved. If they could, then Jesus died in vain . . . "It is FINISHED . . . I GIVE them eternal life." Not my words, Jesus'.

I know this is not a theology board so I'll leave it at that and already apologize to any that this post might offend. I just love the Gospel and couldn't pass this one up. Grin.

Look at Romans 4 verse 5 and Eph 2 (especially verses 8 and 9) if you care to learn more about this. You could PM either me or Chief if this topic truly is of interest to you.

And now . . . back to the theme of our thread. Yep. BO ROCKS in all areas!!! BIG GRIN.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: Dean Welsh] #202938 03/09/12 01:40 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Dean Welsh
you don't have to work to get to heaven. Good works merely show that you are already saved. They get no one saved. If they could, then Jesus died in vain . . . "It is FINISHED . . . I GIVE them eternal life." Not my words, Jesus'.

Amen!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: ChrisAH] #202952 03/09/12 02:31 AM
B
bockman Offline
B
we kansas folks are kind of used to those on the east side of the border being bitter. when a kid is up 7-1 and they have no choice but to view it as a pin cause he was getting his arse kicked. they are like that in all sports so yes we are used to it.

Scott Bockover
Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: Dean Welsh] #203037 03/09/12 02:10 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Originally Posted By: Dean Welsh
Originally Posted By: XGHSWC

Funny.........we had the same view on the north side, and he was clearly pinned. A few times. To a 1x 5th place finisher. You're little 4x-er would have been a 0x-er in MO.

No need for me to say anything else though as badbo, Westfahl and Welsh pretty much covered it. [/quote]

Off topic but . . . you don't have to work to get to heaven. Good works merely show that you are already saved. They get no one saved. If they could, then Jesus died in vain . . . "It is FINISHED . . . I GIVE them eternal life." Not my words, Jesus'.

I know this is not a theology board so I'll leave it at that and already apologize to any that this post might offend. I just love the Gospel and couldn't pass this one up. Grin.

Look at Romans 4 verse 5 and Eph 2 (especially verses 8 and 9) if you care to learn more about this. You could PM either me or Chief if this topic truly is of interest to you.

And now . . . back to the theme of our thread. Yep. BO ROCKS in all areas!!! BIG GRIN.[/quote]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes Welsh, I know all that. Plus Chief already reminded me in an earlier discussion.
I just like saying "I am trying to get to heaven". What I am really saying is that is something that I think about and I am concerned with doing the "right thing" and being a "good person" and I am not just going through life with no consideration for others and how I behave, etc.
My favorite rule is The Golden Rule and I know I am in already.
Maybe I should quit saying that though as it may be misunderstood and may misrepresent me.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: XGHSWC] #203060 03/09/12 03:27 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Yo X-Man, glad to know you already know the truth that sets you free!

Yeah, you might want to replace it with something like, "God saved me already. So, now I am going to go out and do what He created me to do. Good works!"

Or something like that.

I don't want to get all fundy and controlling. Grin. I'm sure you and God will get in all figured out in His time.

Take care BRO. Grin.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: Dean Welsh] #203082 03/09/12 05:22 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Cool and 10-4. Grin back at you.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: XGHSWC] #203185 03/10/12 10:28 PM
Lucas Baker Offline
Funny you dont talk about God when you are bashing me?

And now . . . back to the theme of our thread. Yep. BO ROCKS in all areas!!! BIG GRIN.[/quote]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes Welsh, I know all that. Plus Chief already reminded me in an earlier discussion.
I just like saying "I am trying to get to heaven". What I am really saying is that is something that I think about and I am concerned with doing the "right thing" and being a "good person" and I am not just going through life with no consideration for others and how I behave, etc.
My favorite rule is The Golden Rule and I know I am in already.
Maybe I should quit saying that though as it may be misunderstood and may misrepresent me. [/quote]

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups [Re: Westfahl] #203830 03/19/12 07:38 PM
Bobby Bovaird Offline
Randy --

I found my old program from the '98 Metro Classic. You were talking about the Chaney-Bozarth match. Here's the info about Bozarth from the program: 43-0 senior record (159-14 career), 6th @ 160 in '95, 2nd @ 189 in '96, 2nd @ 215 in '97, and 1st @ 215 in '98. Not quite a multi-year state champ, but a stud nonetheless. Chaney was quoted in the KC Star as saying, "I knew he was a state champion. I didn't care if I won or lost. I just wanted to have fun." Thought you'd be interested.

Gifted Teacher
Head Wrestling Coach, Louisburg High School
Director of Coaches Development, USAWKS
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 130 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox, Coach Lueders, forty
12296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,910
Posts250,293
Members12,296
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)