Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: HEADUP] #204173 03/26/12 11:41 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
With all due respect, that is funny!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: Butch Drylie] #204174 03/26/12 11:43 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Butch Drylie
Eric you of all people use head to head, comon opponents, and im sure alot of other things also. The President of this event posted the criteria for this event on this forum. He was called out that the criteria was not followed correctly. A panel that selects outstanding seniors for an event like this needs to do there home work before making mistakes like this. The facts are on the internet and you know where they are and they do also.

1. There was no head-to head.
2. There were no commons that I have seen posted here.

Are you basing your alleged snub on my All-Class rankings only?

Eric Johnson

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: Chief Renegade] #204188 03/26/12 01:41 PM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
Chief,
My question for you is why do you have cash ranked that high above the other wrestler, if YOU have no criteria to back this up. I think it is obvious that you are right with your rankings at this weight, but you and your backers have always said it takes criteria to be ranked above someone else. If you are saying there is no criteria, then this is telling me your AC rankings are bogus at some weights. JMO

Cuju,
And as far as wondering if this is Cash or Butch wanting to wrestle, think about your question what parent does not want what is best for his kid, especially when this show case may play part in his college opportunities, as I am sure some college coaches were watching this event.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: L.Geyer] #204198 03/26/12 02:37 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: L.Geyer
Chief,
My question for you is why do you have cash ranked that high above the other wrestler, if YOU have no criteria to back this up. I think it is obvious that you are right with your rankings at this weight, but you and your backers have always said it takes criteria to be ranked above someone else. If you are saying there is no criteria, then this is telling me your AC rankings are bogus at some weights. JMO

When there is a lack of clear criteria, several factors are considered. I have seen both of these guys wrestle over 20 times. Cash was instrumental on our Junior Dual team last year. When presented with a comparison of the two, I believed that Cash was the better wrestler.

With every single ranking system, there is subjectivity. Some would say my rankings were incredibly accurate, some would say they are bogus. In this case it's the former.

Eric Johnson

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: Chief Renegade] #204248 03/26/12 09:11 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
1. Alex Garcia – 12 - DC
2. Michael Lindlar – 11 - WNW
3. Nick Haug – 9 - ON
4. Jeffrey Morrow – 11 - DB
5. Jacob Wilgers – 10 - MZ
6. Garrett Girard – 10 - LAW

113 (Actual Results)
1. Michael Lindlar – 11 - WNW
2. Alex Garcia – 12 - DC
3. Nick Haug – 9 - ON
4. Jeffrey Morrow – 11 - DB
5. Armond McCray - 9 - WHT
6, Garrett Girard – 10 - LAW

I have to give you credit for this one. That was pretty close to spot on.

Lee Girard
Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: ReDPloyd] #204266 03/26/12 11:55 PM
B
Butch Drylie Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Mr Welsh You are exactly right on this. There is nothing that can be done now. With this post i am batting for every seinor that works so hard to put themselves in the position to wrestle in this event in the future. I just hope posting these facts will help the crew to not pass up that kid for whatever reason cash was passed over. This is the second time that this has happened that i personally know of so i hope it never happens again. Lincon High School had a senior Dereck Vanada that pinned a kid his senior year. The crew for the senior classic picked the kid that Derek pinned to wrestle instead of Derek. The Coach Darrell Schmeidler was very upset and made it very clear that it was political back then. If this happens every year i hope more people will step up so this stops happening. That is the good that can come out of this. As for cujo and chase i hope your children never have to face the dissapointment that Cash has faced out of this. From the way i understand your posts that you would not back your child in this situation. That is very sad, i will go to bat for anyone that is ever put in this situation. Cash new that Nathan Butler was a junior and that he should have been the next best kid to wrestle in the senior classic that he decided to do kids and get more mat time in to help maintain 220 that he declined to go to the Rocky Mountain Duals. I think looking at the results of that tournament im pretty sure we would have had another Kansas Finals match. This was a bad mistake all the way around now because it looks like with the posts that Eric is making on this that Cash does not have the criteria to be good enough to make team Kansas this summer either and he was looking forward to that also. Butler at heavyweight and Cash at 220 would make Team Kansas Pretty tough at the top. Now that I have pissed everyone in the wrestling comunity off I am NOT SORRY for standing up for my son.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Last edited by Butch Drylie; 03/27/12 12:07 AM.

Butch Drylie
Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: HEADUP] #204273 03/27/12 12:31 AM
B
Butch Drylie Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Headup I tried to fix this problem before i had to air all of this. I am not doing any of this behind no ones back either. I told them that if they did not fix the mistake i would air this on the high school forum and I was assured that they had the best kid that I wouldnt have to worry about that. So this is what happened because anyone that knows me I am a man of my word. If this is affending you or anyone else dont read it. This thread was posted to hurt no one just to get some wrong doings made available to the public. I dont think they thought i was serious. They said they never heard of me or my son before well they have now!

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Butch Drylie
Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: Butch Drylie] #204274 03/27/12 12:53 AM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Headup I tried to fix this problem before i had to air all of this. I am not doing any of this behind no ones back either. I told them that if they did not fix the mistake i would air this on the high school forum and I was assured that they had the best kid that I wouldnt have to worry about that. So this is what happened because anyone that knows me I am a man of my word. If this is affending you or anyone else dont read it. This thread was posted to hurt no one just to get some wrong doings made available to the public. I dont think they thought i was serious. They said they never heard of me or my son before well they have now!

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

i know you tried to get it fixed, just a little too late, by my estimation.

i truly believe that your son is owed any appology.

nothing really offends me, but i would like to see you get more involved.

i too am a man of my word, and don't mind this being the jumping off point. but understand that it's gonna take some hard work, and also understand that as much as everyone would like, YOU WILL NEVER MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. there will always be a reason to make an argument for a different wrestler.

every year there seems to be someone that feels western ks is slighted, over many different issues. sometimes it takes more than a voice, to get things fixed.

sorry i ruffled your feathers, now maybe you understand my point. don't have a problem with your argument at all, i just hope that you can truly accept the apology (if it's offered) and move on to finish what you have started, and are serious enough to go beyond this forum, otherwise it's all a waste of time.

good luck to Cash, I made it a point to watch him twice this weekend. he is a great wrestler, and should not let things like this affect his mind set.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: Butch Drylie] #204282 03/27/12 01:58 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
This was a bad mistake all the way around now because it looks like with the posts that Eric is making on this that Cash does not have the criteria to be good enough to make team Kansas this summer either and he was looking forward to that also.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Not true. I pm'd you about this.

Eric Johnson

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: HEADUP] #204283 03/27/12 02:13 AM
B
Butch Drylie Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Headup I would love to be the president of this event. Not sure how to do it with out problems tho. This is one way. There would be a panel. They would not have the right to decide the wrestlers tho. The panel would send a reminder email to all the head high school coaches in kansas on monday morning to remind them that if they forgot to turn in a bio sheet for any of there seniors they need to have them emaied in by 5:00 pm tuesday evening. Then the panel will meet and go over all the entries.

Criteria would be as followed

Big School 6A & 5A
Small School 4A & 3-2-1A

1- All 1st place kids from 6A,5A,4A,and 3-2-1A provided they are seniors will be the first one.

2- If there is a vacant spot on the roster then the 2nd place seniors will be next on the list.

3- If there is still a vacant spot on the roster the 3rd place seniors will be next on the list.

4- If there is still a vacant spot on the roster the 4th place seniors will be next on the list.

5- If there is still a vacant spot on the roster a list of the remaining seniors bio sheets will be sent to every high school coach.
At this time we will need a vote from the coaches on who they want to fill the roster.
There will be a deadline on this and if a coach does not vote they will be contacted and have untill 5:00pm the following day to respond.
After the votes come in the panel will meet with the Head Official from each tournament present and tally the votes and the kids with the most votes will get the spot.
The seniors with the 2nd and 3rd most votes will be invited to come and be on the floor during the event.
This way there should be an alternate present to cover what happened this year.
The panel will post online a list of all coaches and beside there name it will have recieved votes or did not recieve votes. This way the kids can go back and say hey coach why did you not turn in your votes.

6- Then the 2 names for big school go in a hat and the 2 names for small school go in a hat. One name from each hat goes in the 1st match and the other name from the hats is the second match.

And YES if this was the criteria and followed correctly i would not have a leg to stand on this year.

About the only way I see to be bullet proof with out having world war three.

It might not make the most exciting matches at the senior classic tho.

Deffinatly it does not have the best facing the best.

But as i understand it has to go through the KSHSAA Right?

The other way to may be spice it up a bit would be eliminate steps 2,3,4 and go directly to step 5.

Im just trying to get all the coaches involved instead of just a chosen few.

What does every one think?

All opinions and Ideas appreciated.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Last edited by Butch Drylie; 03/27/12 03:30 AM.

Butch Drylie
Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: Butch Drylie] #204286 03/27/12 03:41 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
I could have picked the correct matches in 20 minutes.

Eric Johnson

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: Chief Renegade] #204287 03/27/12 04:57 AM
B
Butch Drylie Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Eric I understand that and they probably would be right also. Will the public accept your picks without starting a war again? Will the kwca back that also? I want the best wrestling the best at the classic in the future but i dont know how to get that done. I will do everything i can to make sure it wont happen again but who do i talk to and how is the best way to do it? Thats why i said im open for ideas.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Butch Drylie
Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: Butch Drylie] #204288 03/27/12 05:27 AM
K
KSwrestler103 Offline
K
[quote=Butch Drylie]
The seniors with the 2nd and 3rd most votes will be invited to come and be on the floor during the event.
This way there should be an alternate present to cover what happened this year.

I dont like the 2 alternate wrestlers idea coming from a wresetlers perspective. If im cutting weight it better be to wrestle and not just sit and watch. I could do that from the stands while im fat and happy.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: KSwrestler103] #204290 03/27/12 10:19 AM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Butch, I think it's a good looking proposal.

Can't compare it to what is used now, haven't seen the current system laid out. but i'm sure the people in charge work very hard to get it up and going.

The biggest contribution, in my eyes, would be the communication director. the person hounding the coaches to turn in bio sheets, and contact their wrestlers.

a standard guide for picks would help eliminate hard feelings, but like i said, there will always be an argument to be made, for someone different to be in there.

Last edited by HEADUP; 03/27/12 10:19 AM.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: HEADUP] #204335 03/27/12 08:31 PM
R
rev randy Offline
R
Headup I would love to be the president of this event. Not sure how to do it with out problems tho. This is one way. There would be a panel. They would not have the right to decide the wrestlers tho. The panel would send a reminder email to all the head high school coaches in kansas on monday morning to remind them that if they forgot to turn in a bio sheet for any of there seniors they need to have them emaied in by 5:00 pm tuesday evening. Then the panel will meet and go over all the entries.

Hey Butch, news flash no one wants you to even be a janitor at this event let alone the president. So why don’t you just quit your whining and get on with your life. Finally, it is not that no ones heard of you it's that no one cares.

Last edited by rev randy; 03/28/12 11:45 AM.
Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: rev randy] #204339 03/27/12 09:26 PM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
WOW another person hiding behind a FAKE NAME, if you are going to call someone out at least have the Ba(($ to put your name. If you want to discuss this with me I am game.

And as far as news flashes read the forum rules if you are going to talk down on someone you MUST post your name.

Lance Geyer

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: L.Geyer] #204340 03/27/12 11:03 PM
R
rev randy Offline
R
The name is Randy Watson and by the way was not talking to you i was talking to the other idiot.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: rev randy] #204342 03/27/12 11:22 PM
B
Butch Drylie Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Randy I have never met you before but i sure would be happy to meet you and discuss this. I can not beleive there are so many people out there like you that would not stand up for the children if something like this happened to them. I deffinatly hope you are not a coach either because not backing your own wrestlers is something i dont understand either.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Butch Drylie
Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: Butch Drylie] #204344 03/27/12 11:40 PM
R
rev randy Offline
R
Butch there is a difference between defending your wrestler and feeling sorry for yourself for about a week. You are sending the wrong message to your child about life. Get over it.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged [Re: rev randy] #204345 03/27/12 11:50 PM
B
Butch Drylie Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Rev I said all coments and ideas so i am just happy the Gospel is being heard. Thank You and keep up the good work.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Butch Drylie
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 186 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,933
Posts250,364
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)