Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year #199577 02/17/12 02:32 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I have done this for three years and have put a lot of time and effort into it. I have enjoyed it and many of you I know enjoy the list and following it as it develops. I have received many thank you messages from people about it. I am going to ask one thing from you on it this year and I am sure you can guess what it is because I am becoming a broken record on it. But here goes Please Consider Becoming A Donor to The Kansas College Wrestling Fund. We have to support it. I have an active topic on it going now. If you need information how to become donor send me a private message and I will provide it. Let's have at least 500 people become Donors in 2012. Thank you.

Now here is the start of this year's list:

CJ Ikenberry-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Benedictine College
Eric Mason-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Benedictine College
Connor Middleton-Olathe Northwest HS-Baker University
Bo Pursel-Lasing HS-Baker University

I know there are probably some others already committed but these are the ones that I am aware of now. I know I will be made aware by the community of anyone else who needs to be included. I require a notice from the parent, wrestler, high school coach, college coach or a newspaper announcement. I want to be very careful before listing someone because the recruiting process made not be done before a wrestler actually commits.

Also I will be in the near future be doing an individual post on the accomplishments of each of the four wrestlers above on this first list posting.

REMEMBER TO MAKE YOUR 2012 DONATION TO THE KANSAS COLLEGE WRESTLING FUND DONATION IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, THANK YOU

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #199579 02/17/12 03:01 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I already received an update to the list:

Reece Wright-Conklin - Newman University
Miles Johns - Newman University

I know there are probably some others already committed but these are the ones that I am aware of now. I know I will be made aware by the community of anyone else who needs to be included. I require a notice from the parent, wrestler, high school coach, college coach or a newspaper announcement. I want to be very careful before listing someone because the recruiting process made not be done before a wrestler actually commits.

Also I will be in the near future be doing an individual post on the accomplishments of each of the four (now 6) wrestlers above on this first list posting.

REMEMBER TO MAKE YOUR 2012 DONATION TO THE KANSAS COLLEGE WRESTLING FUND DONATION IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, THANK YOU

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #199583 02/17/12 03:55 PM
T
Tommyboy Offline
T
Alex Bontz-Air Force

Dan Gentzler

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Tommyboy] #199585 02/17/12 04:16 PM
B
B&TWoodward Offline
B
Bryan Woodward - Benedictine College

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: B&TWoodward] #199589 02/17/12 04:38 PM
pudgey905 Offline
Dylan Schumacher--Wyoming

The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.
Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: pudgey905] #199590 02/17/12 04:50 PM
WillyM Offline
Understand Darien Willis KC Sumner Academy 185 pounder will be attending Benedictine U. next year on a wrestling scholarship.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: WillyM] #199593 02/17/12 05:20 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I will update for the above additional posts to the list:

Alex Bontz-Air Force Academy
Reece Wright-Conklin-Lawrence HS-Newman University
Miles Johns-Newman HS-Newman University
Dylan Schumaker-Wyoming University
Darien Willis-KC Sumner Academy-Benedictine College
Bryan Woodward-Highland Park HS-Benedictine College

Also I will be in the near future be doing an individual post on the accomplishments of each of the four (now 6) wrestlers above on this first list posting.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #199639 02/17/12 10:30 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Bo Pursel, Lansing High School, will be wrestling next year at Baker University. Below is an article from the Baker University wrestling website that details this announcement.

Congratulations on your high school wrestling career, Bo Pursel. Good luck next year with your academics and wrestling at Baker University.

http://www.bakeru.edu/athletics2/men/wrestling/news-archive/4662-bo-pursel-signs-early

Three-time Kansas State Champion signs with Baker

BALDWIN CITY, Kan. – Reloaded may have been the theme for Baker wrestling in 2010-11. Looking ahead to 2011-12 and further, the team might be considered armed and dangerous, as coach May has continued to assemble a squad that has all the makings of greatness.

Head coach Jimmy May is already looking forward to 2012-13, as he announced the signing of Bo Pursel a junior from Lansing High School in Lansing, Kansas.

Along with being one of the top wrestlers in the state of Kansas, Pursel has made a name for himself on the national stage. A three-time 5A Kansas State Champion with an overall high school record of 110-8, along with being crowned a seven-time Kansas State Freestyle Champion, six-time Kansas State Greco Champion and five-time USA Wrestling State Champion, has made him one of the most sought after recruits in the state.

“Bo is not only one of the best wrestlers coming out of Kansas in 2012, but he is one of the top high school wrestlers in the nation,” said head Baker wrestling coach Jimmy May. “We are extremely excited Bo has committed early to Baker University. We feel his early signing only serves to validate the direction our young program is headed. He is an outstanding student-athlete and everything we are looking for in a wrestler.”

After just two seasons in existence, Baker wrestling has continued to make leaps on the national level. This past season the Wildcats closed out the season at No. 16 in the final Top 20 NAIA Wrestling Coaches’ Poll and garnered two All-Americans in Levi Calhoun and Jarell Price...

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #199653 02/18/12 12:02 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I am adding two new wrestlers below in RED to the list:

2012 Kansas High School Seniors Wrestling in College Next Year:

Auggie Schmidt-Bluestem HS-Benedictine College
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012 Kansas High School Seniors Not Wrestling College Next Year:

Tommy Williams-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Golf at Northern Iowa University
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I require a notice from the parent, wrestler, high school coach, college coach or a newspaper announcement. I want to be very careful before listing someone because the recruiting process made not be done before a wrestler actually commits.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #199927 02/19/12 07:25 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
CJ Ikenberry of St. Thomas Aquinas High School will wrestle next year at Benedictine College.

Here is what Coach Wainwright of Benedictine College had to say about CJ Ikenberry joining the Benedictine College wrestling program next year:

Quote:
Ikenberry is a Kansas High School 5A state qualifier and a four-year letter winner for St Thomas Aquinas. He is currently ranked fourth in the Kansas at 132 pounds.

CJ is an all-around great kid," Coach Wainwright said. "He comes from a great wrestling program and a great family. I look forward to him have a big year this season.
"

CJ Ikenberry, Congratulations on your high school wrestling career. Good luck in your academics and wrestling next year at Benedictine College.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #199934 02/19/12 08:10 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
CJ, congrats young man. I have some great memories of the start of your career at STA. Good luck the rest of this season and beyond.

Lee Girard
Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: ReDPloyd] #200122 02/20/12 04:05 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
This is going to be my post today on this topic. I know most of you have had to seen my messages of support for the Kansas College Wrestling Fund. I believe that most of you who have been following this topic over the last three years (this is the start of year four) realize how many of our ex Kansas youth and high school wrestlers are now wrestling at our ten Kansas college wrestling programs. I will bump up a topic after this post in this high school forum on Becoming A Personal Donor to the Kansas Colleg Wrestling Fund in which I listed all the signees for the last three years and highlighted in Red the wrestlers that signed to wrestle at Kansas colleges from the classes of 2009, 2010 and 2011. You can see we already have a strong start to the current class of 2012 for Kansas college recruits.

Join me TODAY in making a 2012 donation today to the Kansas College Wrestling Fund. I have put out a $120 or $10 a month individual donor goal. But whatever amount ($5, $10, $50, $100, $120, $250, $500, $1,000 or more) will be important. Give whatever you can afford. It will be appreciated and it will help make college wrestling grow in Kansas.

Make checks payable: USA Wrestling – Kansas, Inc./KCWF, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity.
Mail to: Mike Juby, Kansas College Wrestling Fund, 7208 Magnolia Way, Hutchinson, KS 67502

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #200291 02/21/12 10:57 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
http://www.goaugie.com/news/2011/11/9/WREST_1109112942.aspx

11/9/2011 3:27:00 PM
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Augustana head wrestling coach Jason Reitmeier announced Wednesday Morgan Engbrecht from Sturgis, S.D., and Brandon Charbonneau from Emporia, Kan., have signed letters of intent to continue their academic and athletic careers at Augustana beginning in 2012-13.

...Charbonneau will graduate from Emporia High School in Kansas this spring. He charted a 32-6 record last year as a junior and finished third at state. As a sophomore, Charbonneau went 37-4 and earned a state title. He also finished 32-9 as a freshman. Charbonneau is a two-time All-American on the junior circuit. He will wrestle at 141 pounds for the Vikings.

“Brandon comes in with a wealth of wrestling knowledge, having competed in all three styles throughout his career,” Reitmeier said. “He has had great success at the national level and will not be intimidated by the college scene. Brandon is a very intelligent wrestler who seems to always find a way to win, especially the big matches."

Located in Sioux Falls, S.D., Augustana College is a member of NCAA Division II and competes in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference.

Quote:
He was 3rd in state last year at 135. He was first in state in 2010 at 135. He was a SQ for Clay Center in 2009. I also know he is a Fargo All-American.

Brandon Charbonneau, congratulations on your high school wrestling career. Good luck next with your academics and athletics at Augustana College.

2012 Kansas High School Seniors Wrestling in College Next Year:

Brandon Charbonneau-Emporia HS-Augustana College
Auggie Schmidt-Bluestem HS-Benedictine College
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012 Kansas High School Seniors Not Wrestling College Next Year:

Zach Callahan-Mill Valley HS-Football at NW Missouri State University
Tommy Williams-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Golf at Northern Iowa University
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please alert me to any changes or information that needs to be changed on the above list. Thank you.

I require a notice from the parent, wrestler, high school coach, college coach or a newspaper announcement. I want to be very careful before listing someone because the recruiting process made not be done before a wrestler actually commits.

Any information you are able to provide concerning athletic or academic accomplishments would be appreciated.

Make checks payable: USA Wrestling – Kansas, Inc./KCWF, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity.
Mail to: Mike Juby, Kansas College Wrestling Fund, 7208 Magnolia Way, Hutchinson, KS 67502

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: B&TWoodward] #200318 02/21/12 01:53 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: B&TWoodward
Bryan Woodward - Benedictine College

I misspelled Bryan's name on the list and have corrected it.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #200367 02/21/12 05:38 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Zach Callahan of Mill Valley HS will be playing football next year at Northwest Missouri State.

Zach Callahan, congratulations on your high school football and wrestling career. Good luck next year with your academics and football at Northwest Missouri State University.

http://www.nwmissouri.edu/sports/football/2011/pressreleases/12fb0201sign.htm

Zach Callahan (Shawnee, Kan.) – Offensive Line, 6-3, 270
High School: Mill Valley HS Head Coach: Joel Applebee
Parents: Bill and Vickie Callahan
Notes: Callahan was a two-time All-State honoree and two-time all-conference pick … Participated in the 2012 Kansas Shrine Bowl … Earned All-America status in wrestling at Mill Valley and placed third at the Kansas State Championships in 2011 … Helped lead the Jaguars to back-to-back playoff appearancesCoach Dorrel: “Zach is big and physical. He is a great wrestler and we love his toughness and his athleticism. He is going to make a good offensive guard for the Bearcats.”

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #200491 02/22/12 12:38 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Bryan Woodward of Highland Park HS will be wrestling next year for Benedictine College.

Below is a quote on Bryan from the Benedictine College website with a picture too of Bryan signing if you click on the link.

http://ravenathletics.benedictine.edu/pr...ng-team-2012-13

Quote:
Woodward is a Kansas 4A state qualifier who will surpass 100 career wins this season.

Bryan (bottom right) is projected a 149-157 pounder for the Ravens.

"Bryan is an individual who I feel his best wrestling is still ahead of him," Coach Wainwright said. "He has a lot of potential to help build the Raven Wrestling in the future."

I really like the following quote that I received from Bryan's dad when I asked him for information on Bryan's accomplishments. Bryan's dad gives us an even closer look at Bryan as to his accomplishments and goals in life. I especially liked how Mr. Woodward signed it as a Very proud Dad. I think all great parents can relate to that.

Quote:
Bryan has wrestled since he was 4 years old he started wrestling with the Thunderbirds, then with the Tornadoes briefly and then for team tigers in Meriden, He was a regional runner up his freshman year (loss to Courtney Straus) and was a 4A state qualifier his freshman year at Jeff West, The same year he took 4th at Kids state, His Sophomore year he was ranked as high as 5th in 4A @130# then he injured his shoulder at regionals and had to have surgery causing him to miss his junior year.He then transferred to Highland Park for his senior year. He is wanting to get his degree in education and hopes to return to Highland Park to teach and coach wrestling....

Very proud Dad
Bryan Woodward

Bryan Woodward, congratulations on your high school wrestling career. Good luck next year with your academics and wrestling at Benedictine College.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #200696 02/22/12 09:36 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Just wanted to let everyone know that the last three years that I have compiled this list that I have updated it to about the end of August each year right before Fall classes start for most colleges. I intend to do the same this year.

Good luck to all of you at State this weekend!

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #200801 02/23/12 09:44 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Today I wanted to feature two Kansas high school wrestlers who signed to wrestle at Newman University earlier in the season. These two future Newman University Jets wrestling teammates are two top Kansas high school wrestling recruits.

Originally Posted By: Newman Wrestling
WICHITA, Kan. - Newman University head wrestling coach Ryan Smith has added three high school standouts to the roster for the 2012 season. Coach Smith announced Thursday that Hashem Omari, Reece Wright- Conklin, and Miles Johns have all signed national letters of intent to wrestle for the Jets....

Reece Wright-Conklin (Lawrence, Kan. - Lawrence HS)
Wright-Conklin will come to Newman after completing his senior season for coach Patrick Naughton at Lawrence High School. His team has been ranked No. 1 in the preseason Kansas 6A polls and Reese has been ranked the preseason No.1 wrestler at 182 lbs in the state of Kansas. Wright-Conklin has also been ranked No. 8 in the nation at 182 lbs. by Wrestling USA Magazine, No. 14 in the nation at 170 lbs. by The Open Mat and No. 20 in the nation at 171 lbs. by Intermat Wrestling Rankings. As a junior Wright-Conklin posted a 37-0 record and claimed his second Kansas 6A State Championship along with winning the Newton Tournament of Champions. As a high school wrestler Wright-Conklin is a three-time state placer, two-time state champion and has a high school record of 98-6.

Miles Johns (Newton, Kan. - Newton HS)
Miles Johns will join the Jets after finishing his senior season at Newton High School where he is a team captain. As a high school wrestler Johns is a four-year varsity wrestler, three-time state qualifier and a Kansas 5A State Runner-up. He has placed at the Folkstyle Kids State Championships three times and the Brute Addidas Nationals post-season tournament twice, taking second one year and winning the tournament in 2010. Johns started his senior year by placing fourth at the pre-season Blue Chip Fall Brawl tournament and is currently ranked No.1 in Kansas 5A at 138 lbs.

Congratulations, Reece Wright-Conklin and Miles John on your outstanding high school wrestling careers. Good luck next year with academics and wrestling at Newman University. We will look forward to watching you wrestling over the next four years in Kansas college wrestling tournaments. I beleve the Kansas Cup is scheduled next year at Newman University which will be a great event for the Kansas wrestling community to especially those of you in the Wichita area.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #200876 02/23/12 06:00 PM
J
jeffroberts Offline
J
I believe Hashem Omari was undefeated this year for Oak Park competing on a pretty tough schedule.

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: jeffroberts] #200896 02/23/12 08:01 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: jeffroberts
I believe Hashem Omari was undefeated this year for Oak Park competing on a pretty tough schedule.

I have never seen him wrestle. I imagine I will at the Metro Classic. He does sound like the real deal. I think he was a very good recruit for Newman University.

Vince Nowak

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 125 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox, Coach Lueders, forty
12296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,911
Posts250,304
Members12,296
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)