Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #204705 03/31/12 10:50 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Austin Hood has given a verbal to Oklahoma State!!! He plans to sign in a few weeks.

Wow! Congratulations to the Hood's!

It has been reported by Eric Johnson (Chief Renegade) that Austin Hood of Louisburg High School has given a verbal commitment to the historic NCAA Division I wrestling program at Oklahoma State University.

Austin Hood has had an incredible high school wrestling career. As a freshman at the 4A 2009 state tournament he placed 4th at 103 with a 33-6 record. Austin followed that up with three state championships. As a sophomore in 2010 Austin was state champion at 112 with a 40-6 record. As a junior in 2011 Austin was state champion at 119 with a 37-1 record. This as a senior Austion was the 2012 4A state champion at 126 with a 40-0 record. Austin Hood ended up with a 150-13 career record with only one loss after his sophomore year.

I believe that Austin Hood also has some national accomplishments both in the Olympic and folkstyle wrestling styles but I am not familiar with those specific accomplihsments and I hope someone else will add that information.

Austin Hood, congratulations on your high school wrestling career. Good luck next year with your academics and wrestling at Oklahoma State University. I know the entire Kansas wrestling community will look forward to following your progress and will be rooting for your success with the OSU Cowboys.

2012 Kansas High School Seniors Reported to be Wrestling in College Next Year:

Alex Bontz-Andover Central-Air Force Academy
Brandon Charbonneau-Emporia HS-Augustana College
Reece Wright-Conklin-Lawrence HS-Newman University
Austin Hood-Louisburg HS-Oklahoma State University (VERBAL )
Mason Hurla-St. Marys HS-Benedictine College
CJ Ikenberry-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Benedictine College
Miles Johns-Newton HS-Newman University
Caleb King-Piper HS-Benedictine College
Eric Mason-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Benedictine College
Connor Middleton-Olathe Northwest HS-Baker University
Bo Pursel-Lasing HS-Baker University
Ben Randolph-SM East HS-Benedictine College
Auggie Schmidt-Bluestem HS-Benedictine College
Dylan Schumaker-Hays Thomas More Prep HS-Wyoming University
Darien Willis-KC Sumner Academy-Benedictine College
Bryan Woodward-Highland Park HS-Benedictine College
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012 Kansas High School Seniors Not Wrestling College Next Year:

Ky Biddle-Burden Central HS-Football at Hutchinson CC
Zach Callahan-Mill Valley HS-Football at NW Missouri State University
Tommy Williams-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Golf at University of Northern Iowa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please alert me to any additions, deletions, or other information that needs to be changed on the above list. Thank you.

I ask for a notice from the parent, wrestler, high school coach, college coach or a newspaper announcement. I want to be very careful before listing someone because the recruiting process made not be done before a wrestler actually commits.

Any information you are able to provide concerning athletic or academic accomplishments would be appreciated.

REMEMBER TO MAKE YOUR 2012 DONATION TO THE KANSAS COLLEGE WRESTLING FUND DONATION IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, THANK YOU
Make checks payable: USA Wrestling – Kansas, Inc./KCWF, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity.
Mail to: Mike Juby, Kansas College Wrestling Fund, 7208 Magnolia Way, Hutchinson, KS 67502

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #204708 03/31/12 11:38 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
In 2010, Austin Hood brought home the hardware with a USAW Cadet National folkstyle title, followed by a Fargo USAW Cadet National freestyle title. That same year he was a Fargo USAW Greco-Roman finalist. His freshman season, he also claimed a double All-American status in folkstyle and freestyle. He is an unprecedented seven-time Kansas Triple Crown winner. In all, Hood has 26 Fargo wins!

He is also currently in the semi-finals in Cedar Falls at the USAW Junior Folkstyle Nationals!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Chief Renegade] #204713 03/31/12 11:52 AM
K
Kit Harris Offline
K
Cody Sellers of Baldwin HS has signed letter of intent to wrestle at Baker Univ. Sellers was a 2x State Qualifier, 2x Frontier League champion, Regional finalist, and KWCA Academic All-State.

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Kit Harris] #204714 03/31/12 11:56 AM
K
Kit Harris Offline
K
Andrew Morgan of Baldwin HS has plans to sign a letter of intent with Benedictine. The signing has not happened yet, but he has officially decided to wrestle at Benedictine.

Morgan was a 4x State Qualifier, 2x Placer (5th, 1st), 2x Frontier League champion, KWCA Academic All-State, USAW Nationals Folkstyle All-American (5th Juniors), and state FS/GR placer.

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Kit Harris] #204747 03/31/12 03:48 PM
E
eagle2012 Offline
E
Brady Heincker of Derby Highschool has verbled to Pratt CC. Heincker was a 4x qualifier , 2x placer (6th,4th), 2x regional champion and has accomlishments in Freestyle and Greco.

congrats to Brady and his family!

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Chief Renegade] #204785 03/31/12 07:53 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
In 2010, Austin Hood brought home the hardware with a USAW Cadet National folkstyle title, followed by a Fargo USAW Cadet National freestyle title. That same year he was a Fargo USAW Greco-Roman finalist. His freshman season, he also claimed a double All-American status in folkstyle and freestyle. He is an unprecedented seven-time Kansas Triple Crown winner. In all, Hood has 26 Fargo wins!

He is also currently in the semi-finals in Cedar Falls at the USAW Junior Folkstyle Nationals!

Wow! No wonder Oklahoma State University wants Austin Hood on their team as those are great additional accomplishments along with his stellar high school career accomplishments mentioned in the previous post today. I am sure we are all looking forward to watching Austin's college wrestling career progress. Eric, thank you for the additional great information on Austin's wrestling career.

Kit Harris and eagle2012, I also appreciate your information on Cody Sellers, Andrew Morgan and Brady Heincker. I will feature each one of these young men over the next three days. I just want to feature one of them a day. Today though our feature wrestler is Austin Hood. This is an exciting time of year for these young men, all their former coaches, future coaches and the families of the wrestlers as they are making their final choices on their college destinations. Job well done to all involved and good luck to all of you who still are making your final decisions.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Kit Harris] #204814 04/01/12 10:50 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Kit Harris
Cody Sellers of Baldwin HS has signed letter of intent to wrestle at Baker Univ. Sellers was a 2x State Qualifier, 2x Frontier League champion, Regional finalist, and KWCA Academic All-State.

Very good work. My son is the Director of Academic Affairs for the Delta Tau Delta fraternity chapter on the Baker University campus. I am sure he would be interested in Cody Sellers looking at his fraternity, if Cody is considering a fraternity. Now I am doing a little recruiting for Delta Tau Delta. Cody, you should be aware that the NAIA honors junior and senior athletes with 3.5 averages or above annually on their All Scholar Athlete List. That will be a good goal for you in your college career.

Cody Sellers, Congratulations on your high school wrestling accomplishments and on your KWCA Academic All State honor. Good luck next year with your wrestling and academics at Baker University.

Upcoming wrestlers for list:

Monday 4/2/12 Andrew Morgan
Tuesday 4/3/12 Brady Heincker
Wednesday 4/4/12 Brady Munsch

Caleb King-Piper HS-Benedictine College
Cody Sellers-Baldwin HS-Baker University
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please alert me to any additions, deletions, or other information that needs to be changed on the above list. Thank you.

I ask for a notice from the parent, wrestler, high school coach, college coach or a newspaper announcement. I want to be very careful before listing someone because the recruiting process made not be done before a wrestler actually commits.

Any information you are able to provide concerning athletic or academic accomplishments would be appreciated.

REMEMBER TO MAKE YOUR 2012 DONATION TO THE KANSAS COLLEGE WRESTLING FUND DONATION IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, THANK YOU
Make checks payable: USA Wrestling – Kansas, Inc./KCWF, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity.
Mail to: Mike Juby, Kansas College Wrestling Fund, 7208 Magnolia Way, Hutchinson, KS 67502

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #204828 04/01/12 01:49 PM
Coach Davies Offline
Caleb King, Piper High School, has signed a letter of intent to wrestle and play football at Benedictine College.

Caleb earned 1st Team football honors in Kansas City, KS and Kaw Valley League.

Caleb finished his senior year of wrestling 39-9, winning the Bobcat Classic and earning a 4th place finish in the 285 pound weight class at the State Tournament.

Great job and good luck Caleb!

Zach Davies
SMNW Cougar Wrestling
Cougar Kids Wrestling
zdavies001@gmail.com
Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Coach Davies] #204833 04/01/12 03:32 PM
K
Kit Harris Offline
K
Congrats Caleb and Coach Davies!

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Coach Davies] #204870 04/02/12 09:54 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Davies
Caleb King, Piper High School, has signed a letter of intent to wrestle and play football at Benedictine College.

Caleb earned 1st Team football honors in Kansas City, KS and Kaw Valley League.

Caleb finished his senior year of wrestling 39-9, winning the Bobcat Classic and earning a 4th place finish in the 285 pound weight class at the State Tournament.

Great job and good luck Caleb!

I had included Caleb King on the list a couple of weeks ago, but I did not have the additional highlighted information that Coach Davies added. Thank you for the additional information, Coach Davies.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Kit Harris] #204871 04/02/12 10:00 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Kit Harris
Andrew Morgan of Baldwin HS has plans to sign a letter of intent with Benedictine. The signing has not happened yet, but he has officially decided to wrestle at Benedictine.

Morgan was a 4x State Qualifier, 2x Placer (5th, 1st), 2x Frontier League champion, KWCA Academic All-State, USAW Nationals Folkstyle All-American (5th Juniors), and state FS/GR placer.

Another KWCA Academic All State Baldwin HS wrestler. Congratulations and great work, Baldwin HS wrestling team.

Andrew Morgan, Congratulations on your high school academic and wrestling career. Good luck next year with your academics and wrestling at Benedictine College.

Caleb King-Piper HS-Benedictine College (Both for Wrestling and Football)
Andrew Morgan-Baldwin HS-Benedictine College-Verbal

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #204904 04/02/12 04:12 PM
myers shox Offline
29 March 2012
High School Seniors Commit to Wichita State University
The recruiting class of 2012 is already promising to be a good one for the Shocker Wrestling Team. Team administration has been working hard since the beginning of the season to bring in a great group of freshmen that will make an impact during the 2012-2013 season. A couple of high school seniors from the class of 2012 have verbally committed to wrestling with Wichita State next fall.

Taber Barrientez comes to Wichita State via Campus High School in Haysville, KS where he wrestled for Coach Travis Bourn. Taber was KSHSAA 6A State Tournament qualifier in 2011. He will be coming to Wichita State to study nursing.

Tyler Higgins comes to Wichita State via the new Goddard Eisenhower High School where he wrestled for Coach Enrique Espinoza. He was a two time regional finalist and a three-time member of the all-league team. Tyler was two-time state qualifier for the KSHAA State Tournament. In 2011 he placed 4th in the class 6A championship. Tyler also does great work in the classroom. He has a 3.8 GPA and is a member of the National Honor Society. Tyler is still undecided on a major.

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: myers shox] #204907 04/02/12 06:24 PM
K
KNOWS WRESTLING Offline
K
I would imagine Taber wrestled more for Dryden then he did for Bourne....Just saying.

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: eagle2012] #204950 04/03/12 09:37 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: eagle2012
Brady Heincker of Derby Highschool has verbled to Pratt CC. Heincker was a 4x qualifier , 2x placer (6th,4th), 2x regional champion and has accomlishments in Freestyle and Greco.

congrats to Brady and his family!

eagle2012,

I sent you a private message on this. I need a confirmation from Brady, his parents, his high school coach, of his future college coach on this before I put Brady's name on the list. I will list him now Pending Confirmation with a couple of others that I am waiting for confirmations on. I have sent an e-mail to the Pratt CC head wrestling coach for confirmation and I have not yet heard back on that.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: myers shox] #204951 04/03/12 09:43 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: myers shox
29 March 2012
High School Seniors Commit to Wichita State University
The recruiting class of 2012 is already promising to be a good one for the Shocker Wrestling Team. Team administration has been working hard since the beginning of the season to bring in a great group of freshmen that will make an impact during the 2012-2013 season. A couple of high school seniors from the class of 2012 have verbally committed to wrestling with Wichita State next fall.

Taber Barrientez comes to Wichita State via Campus High School in Haysville, KS where he wrestled for Coach Travis Bourn. Taber was KSHSAA 6A State Tournament qualifier in 2011. He will be coming to Wichita State to study nursing.

Tyler Higgins comes to Wichita State via the new Goddard Eisenhower High School where he wrestled for Coach Enrique Espinoza. He was a two time regional finalist and a three-time member of the all-league team. Tyler was two-time state qualifier for the KSHAA State Tournament. In 2011 he placed 4th in the class 6A championship. Tyler also does great work in the classroom. He has a 3.8 GPA and is a member of the National Honor Society. Tyler is still undecided on a major.

myers shox, is this an article from the Wichita State wrestling club website or the WSU website? If it is please post the link and then I will put on the list. As of now I will list them as Pending Confirmation.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #204952 04/03/12 09:59 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Quote:
Brady Munsch, Salina South, has signed a "letter of intent" to play football at South Dakota School of Mines & Technology (NCAA Div. II) in Rapid City S.D.

Brady's wrestling accomplishments include:
3X State Qualifier, 2X State Placer (5th @ 189# - 2011, 3rd @ 182# - 2012)
2012 KWCA ALL STATE 1st Team 5A All Academic Team (3.8 GPA)
All AVCTL Div I First Team - 2012

Brady's football accomplishments include:
ALL STATE 5A Linebacker
AVCTL Div I First Team Linebacker
All Saline Co. Team

Brady Munsch, Congratulations on your high school academic (KWCA ALL STATE 2012), football and wrestling career. Good luck next year with your academics and football at South Dakota School of Mines & Technology.

Caleb King-Piper HS-Benedictine College (Both for Wrestling and Football)
Andrew Morgan-Baldwin HS-Benedictine College-Verbal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
PENDING CONFIRMATIONS:

Taber Barrientez-Campus HS
Shane Goetz-Hutchinson HS
Brady Heicker-Derby HS
Tyler Higgins-Goddard Eisenhower HS

Brady Munsch-Salina South HS-Football at South Dakota School of Mines & Technology

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: KNOWS WRESTLING] #204954 04/03/12 11:41 AM
K
KSwrestler103 Offline
K
Originally Posted By: KNOWS WRESTLING
I would imagine Taber wrestled more for Dryden then he did for Bourne....Just saying.

I agree haha

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #204961 04/03/12 12:31 PM
coachp Offline
Brady is signing with Pratt Community College.

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: coachp] #204963 04/03/12 12:34 PM
N
nickowen5 Offline
N
Here is a link to the WSU article:
http://webs.wichita.edu/?u=WRESTLINGCLUB&p=/news1/3_29_12/

You guys are probably correct about Dryden coaching Taber more, however Bourne was listed as head coach so that is what got published.

Peace,
Nick Thomas

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #204965 04/03/12 12:55 PM
myers shox Offline
Sorry Husker Fan. It did come from our website.
http://webs.wichita.edu/?u=WRESTLINGCLUB&p=/news1/3_29_12/

Devon Webber from Wichita South has also committed but we haven't run the story yet.

Last edited by myers shox; 04/03/12 12:55 PM.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 125 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox, Coach Lueders, forty
12296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,911
Posts250,304
Members12,296
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)