Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: myers shox] #204970 04/03/12 01:29 PM
Mahan Offline
2012 Kansas High School Seniors Not Wrestling College Next Year:
Colten Lissolo - Hugoton -Football at Hutchinson CC

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: myers shox] #204986 04/03/12 05:53 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Big props to our Goddard Dog Tyler Higgins!
We have had a great time with you and we look forward to more great times in the future.
Congratulations to you, your family and your coaches!
You are the best and we wish you the best.
Sincerely, the Lemon Family

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #204987 04/03/12 06:02 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Congratulations to Brady Heincker and Devon Webber!
We wish you the best as you move on to the next phase of your career.
Congratulations to your families and coaches!
Sincerely, the Lemon Family

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: XGHSWC] #204995 04/03/12 06:53 PM
J
J. Storm Offline
J
Congatulations Devon Webber on a great high school career and signing, Good Luck at Wichita State next year

Jason Storm
Head Women's Coach Labette County High School
Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: J. Storm] #204996 04/03/12 07:33 PM
H
higgybaby23 Offline
H
I will be wrestling at Wichita State next year.

Tyler Higgins

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: myers shox] #204999 04/03/12 08:19 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: myers shox
29 March 2012
High School Seniors Commit to Wichita State University
The recruiting class of 2012 is already promising to be a good one for the Shocker Wrestling Team. Team administration has been working hard since the beginning of the season to bring in a great group of freshmen that will make an impact during the 2012-2013 season. A couple of high school seniors from the class of 2012 have verbally committed to wrestling with Wichita State next fall.

Taber Barrientez comes to Wichita State via Campus High School in Haysville, KS where he wrestled for Coach Travis Bourn. Taber was KSHSAA 6A State Tournament qualifier in 2011. He will be coming to Wichita State to study nursing.

Tyler Higgins comes to Wichita State via the new Goddard Eisenhower High School where he wrestled for Coach Enrique Espinoza. He was a two time regional finalist and a three-time member of the all-league team. Tyler was two-time state qualifier for the KSHAA State Tournament. In 2011 he placed 4th in the class 6A championship. Tyler also does great work in the classroom. He has a 3.8 GPA and is a member of the National Honor Society. Tyler is still undecided on a major.

I am all for participation but I do NOT agree with putting a CLUB sport on par with a varsity sport. How do you "recruit" for a club?

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #205000 04/03/12 10:11 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Husker Fan
Originally Posted By: eagle2012
Brady Heincker of Derby High school has verbled to Pratt CC. Heincker was a 4x qualifier , 2x placer (6th,4th), 2x regional champion and has accomlishments in Freestyle and Greco.

congrats to Brady and his family!

eagle2012,

I sent you a private message on this. I need a confirmation from Brady, his parents, his high school coach, of his future college coach on this before I put Brady's name on the list. I will list him now Pending Confirmation with a couple of others that I am waiting for confirmations on. I have sent an e-mail to the Pratt CC head wrestling coach for confirmation and I have not yet heard back on that.

This verbal committment has been confirmed and Brady is scheduled to signed on this Thursday so I will update Brady on the list.

Brady Heincker, Congratulations on your high school wrestling career. Good luck next year with your academics and wrestling at Pratt Community College.

2012 Kansas High School Seniors Reported to be Wrestling in College Next Year:

Taber Barrientez-Campus HS-Wichita State University Wrestling Club
Alex Bontz-Andover Central-Air Force Academy
Brandon Charbonneau-Emporia HS-Augustana College
Reece Wright-Conklin-Lawrence HS-Newman University
Brady Heicker-Derby HS-Pratt CC
Tyler Higgins-Goddard Eisenhower HS-Wichita State University Wrestling Club
Austin Hood-Louisburg HS-Oklahoma State University (VERBAL )
Mason Hurla-St. Marys HS-Benedictine College
CJ Ikenberry-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Benedictine College
Miles Johns-Newton HS-Newman University
Caleb King-Piper HS-Benedictine College (Both for Wrestling and Football)
Eric Mason-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Benedictine College
Connor Middleton-Olathe Northwest HS-Baker University
Andrew Morgan-Baldwin HS-Benedictine College-Verbal
Bo Pursel-Lasing HS-Baker University
Ben Randolph-SM East HS-Benedictine College
Auggie Schmidt-Bluestem HS-Benedictine College
Dylan Schumaker-Hays Thomas More Prep HS-Wyoming University
Cody Sellers-Baldwin HS-Baker University
Darien Willis-KC Sumner Academy-Benedictine College
Bryan Woodward-Highland Park HS-Benedictine College

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
PENDING CONFIRMATIONS:

Shane Goetz-Hutchinson HS
Devon Webber-Wichita South

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ky Biddle-Burden Central HS-Football at Hutchinson CC
Zach Callahan-Mill Valley HS-Football at NW Missouri State University
Colton Lissolo-Hugoton HS-Football at Hutchinson CC
Brady Munsch-Salina South HS-Football at South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
Tommy Williams-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Golf at University of Northern Iowa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please alert me to any additions, deletions, or other information that needs to be changed on the above list. Thank you.

I ask for a notice from the parent, wrestler, high school coach, college coach or a newspaper announcement. I want to be very careful before listing someone because the recruiting process made not be done before a wrestler actually commits.

Any information you are able to provide concerning athletic or academic accomplishments would be appreciated.

REMEMBER TO MAKE YOUR 2012 DONATION TO THE KANSAS COLLEGE WRESTLING FUND DONATION IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, THANK YOU
Make checks payable: USA Wrestling – Kansas, Inc./KCWF, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity.
Mail to: Mike Juby, Kansas College Wrestling Fund, 7208 Magnolia Way, Hutchinson, KS 67502

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: myers shox] #205001 04/03/12 10:32 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
29 March 2012
High School Seniors Commit to Wichita State University
The recruiting class of 2012 is already promising to be a good one for the Shocker Wrestling Team. Team administration has been working hard since the beginning of the season to bring in a great group of freshmen that will make an impact during the 2012-2013 season. A couple of high school seniors from the class of 2012 have verbally committed to wrestling with Wichita State next fall.

Taber Barrientez comes to Wichita State via Campus High School in Haysville, KS where he wrestled for Coach Travis Bourn. Taber was KSHSAA 6A State Tournament qualifier in 2011. He will be coming to Wichita State to study nursing.

Tyler Higgins comes to Wichita State via the new Goddard Eisenhower High School where he wrestled for Coach Enrique Espinoza. He was a two time regional finalist and a three-time member of the all-league team. Tyler was two-time state qualifier for the KSHAA State Tournament. In 2011 he placed 4th in the class 6A championship. Tyler also does great work in the classroom. He has a 3.8 GPA and is a member of the National Honor Society. Tyler is still undecided on a major.

This was posted on the Wichita State Website so I have updated the list to include these wrestlers and their college plans for next year.

Taber Barrientez and Tyler Higgins, congratulations on your high school academic and wrestling careers. Good luck next year with your academics and wrestling at Wichita State University.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: myers shox] #205002 04/03/12 10:35 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Sorry Husker Fan. It did come from our website.
http://webs.wichita.edu/?u=WRESTLINGCLUB&p=/news1/3_29_12/

Devon Webber from Wichita South has also committed but we haven't run the story yet.

I am going to wait on Devon until the story is run but I wlll list him now as Pending.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Mahan] #205003 04/03/12 10:39 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Mahan

I appreciate this information but for right now I am going to list Colten Lissolo as Pending Confirmation too but I will work on confirming it from him or one of his coaches and I will apologize in advance if you are his coach.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Mahan] #205004 04/03/12 11:36 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Mahan

Just confirmed it on the NJCAA football recruiting list that Colten Lissolo has signed with Hutchinson CC.

If anyone has anyone high school wrestling or football records or honors earned by Colten during his high school athletic career, we would appreciate it if you could post the information on this topic. Edit: I did see that Colten was State Champion in 2011 at 4A 215 and 3rd place this year at 4A State 220.

Colten Lissolo, Congratulations on your high school wrestling and football career. Good luck next year with your academics and football at Hutchinson CC.

Last edited by Husker Fan; 04/03/12 11:46 PM. Reason: Update 2011 & 2012 State places

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #205011 04/04/12 09:30 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: HISWAY
It is with great pride that I announce Hunter Weddington has given a verbal to SouthDakota State and will sign later this month. Hunter started wrestling when he was in 7th grade and with hard work and dedication he has been offered a wrestling scholarship. I am so proud of him. Hunters high school record was 122-41. He is a three time state placer at 171 and 182. I would like to thank Coach Brett Fiene for all the effort to develop hunter. I would also like to thank Jess Keith, Craig Adams, coach Crammer, coach Klien. Without all of your efforts I would not be making this announcement. Hunter also has 3.28 Gpa and scored 28 on ACT. Congrats Hunter I am so proud of you.

Tim Weddington

Mr. Weddington, these are great accomplishments for Hunter and I always appreciate seeing a parent giving praise to the accomplishments of their child. And it not easy at all placing at State 3 times after starting to wrestle in the 7th grade. Included in Hunter Weddington's 3 state placing finishes was a 2nd place finish on a close 6-5 title match this year in 5A State 182. Those are excellent academic and wrestling achievements.

Hunter Weddington of Andover HS, Congratulations on your high school GPA of 3.28 and 28 ACT score and also on your high school wrestling accomplishments. Good luck next year with your academics and wrestling at South Dakota State University.

2012 Kansas High School Seniors Reported to be Wrestling in College Next Year:

Taber Barrientez-Campus HS-Wichita State University Wrestling Club
Alex Bontz-Andover Central-Air Force Academy
Brandon Charbonneau-Emporia HS-Augustana College
Reece Wright-Conklin-Lawrence HS-Newman University
Brady Heicker-Derby HS-Pratt CC
Tyler Higgins-Goddard Eisenhower HS-Wichita State University Wrestling Club
Austin Hood-Louisburg HS-Oklahoma State University (VERBAL )
Mason Hurla-St. Marys HS-Benedictine College
CJ Ikenberry-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Benedictine College
Miles Johns-Newton HS-Newman University
Caleb King-Piper HS-Benedictine College (Both for Wrestling and Football)
Eric Mason-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Benedictine College
Connor Middleton-Olathe Northwest HS-Baker University
Andrew Morgan-Baldwin HS-Benedictine College-Verbal
Bo Pursel-Lasing HS-Baker University
Ben Randolph-SM East HS-Benedictine College
Auggie Schmidt-Bluestem HS-Benedictine College
Dylan Schumaker-Hays Thomas More Prep HS-Wyoming University
Cody Sellers-Baldwin HS-Baker University
Hunter Weddington-Andover HS-South Dakota State University
Darien Willis-KC Sumner Academy-Benedictine College
Bryan Woodward-Highland Park HS-Benedictine College

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
PENDING CONFIRMATIONS:

Shane Goetz-Hutchinson HS
Devon Webber-Wichita South

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ky Biddle-Burden Central HS-Football at Hutchinson CC
Zach Callahan-Mill Valley HS-Football at NW Missouri State University
Colton Lissolo-Hugoton HS-Football at Hutchinson CC
Brady Munsch-Salina South HS-Football at South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
Tommy Williams-St. Thomas Aquinas HS-Golf at University of Northern Iowa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please alert me to any additions, deletions, or other information that needs to be changed on the above list. Thank you.

I ask for a notice from the parent, wrestler, high school coach, college coach or a newspaper announcement. I want to be very careful before listing someone because the recruiting process made not be done before a wrestler actually commits.

Any information you are able to provide concerning athletic or academic accomplishments would be appreciated.

REMEMBER TO MAKE YOUR 2012 DONATION TO THE KANSAS COLLEGE WRESTLING FUND DONATION IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, THANK YOU
Make checks payable: USA Wrestling – Kansas, Inc./KCWF, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity.
Mail to: Mike Juby, Kansas College Wrestling Fund, 7208 Magnolia Way, Hutchinson, KS 67502

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #205014 04/04/12 12:13 PM
A
ath618 Offline
A
Myron Tipton, Olathe East HS-Baker University (Football and Wrestling)

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: ath618] #205025 04/04/12 02:51 PM
Mahan Offline
Colten Lissolo FB - 2x GWAC all league 2010 - Defensive Lineman 2011-OL/DL Will play in 2012 Shrine Bowl, played in Blue-Gray All-star game in Florida in January. Wrestling - 2x regional champ, GWAC champ 2012, 108 career wins, 69 falls, (missed most of senior campaign due to injury) Was first ever State Champ in Hugoton wrestling history 2011, 3rd 2012. Academics - member of NHS, 3.92 gpa
Obviously will be missed in the line-up and even more so in the room. Congrats and good luck to Colten
-Mahan
Hugoton Eagle Wrestling

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Mahan] #205032 04/04/12 05:20 PM
G
gymrat Offline
G
Brad and i are headed to Labette.

Nick Pursel

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: gymrat] #205053 04/05/12 02:24 AM
D
Doug Speer Offline
D
Hunter Speer, Horton High School has given a verbal to wrestle for Cy Wainwright at Benedictine College . Should sign next week. Hunter is a 4X Delaware Valley League Champ, 3x Regional Champ, 3x State Qualifier, 3x State Placer (3rd,4th,2nd ), 133-19 career record and KWCA All State Academic with a 4.0 grade point average.

Douglas A. Speer
Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Doug Speer] #205055 04/05/12 11:15 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I am running a little bit behind today and I will need to work on Myron Tipton, Hunter Speer, Nick Pursel and Brad???? tonight.

Thank you all for your great information and I will do posts on each of them soon and add them to the list.

Congratulations to all of you.

Vince Nowak

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Husker Fan] #205060 04/05/12 12:14 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Vince,

Work on your PM limit, it's full! LOL.

Brad Wilson is from Lawrence. He was a State finalist this year with a 38-7 record.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Chief Renegade] #205063 04/05/12 01:40 PM
N
nickowen5 Offline
N
More on WSU. Devon Webber and Taylor Krier:
http://webs.wichita.edu/?u=wrestlingclub&p=/news1/4_5_12

Peace,
Nick Thomas

Re: KS HS Class of 2012 Wrestling in College Next Year [Re: Chief Renegade] #205069 04/05/12 03:30 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Vince,

Work on your PM limit, it's full! LOL.

Brad Wilson is from Lawrence. He was a State finalist this year with a 38-7 record.

Eric,

I just deleted about 100 messages so I have room now. They can accumulate if you are not paying attention.

Thank you for the heads up! smile

Vince Nowak

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 99 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox, Coach Lueders, forty
12296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,911
Posts250,304
Members12,296
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)