Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: District Boundaries [Re: RichardDSalyer] #230784 07/21/14 02:05 AM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Hopefully they will be the number entered in the State series and not the number of cards bought.

That has been my only point, don't use number not relative to the state series.

With the known fall off of 5-9 year olds that wouldn't be an accurate way to look at it.

Maybe the numbers still work out in favor of the change but I am bettin it would be not as large of margin.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: District Boundaries [Re: RichardDSalyer] #230865 07/22/14 12:44 AM
J
JamyD Offline
J
Because it is Monday night and I am B.O.R.D. bored, haha. What if.....Never mind....

Re: District Boundaries [Re: Matthew Treaster] #230938 07/23/14 07:12 PM
M
master blaster Offline
M
Although no others decisions were made, the Council did discuss several other topics:
* The need for Sub-District Tournaments.
* Holding a high school only division state tournament the week after high school state.
* Moving the high school division out of the Kids state tournament and brining in the 6U division.
* Moving the Kids state tournament to an earlier date and starting the Olympic styles earlier.
* Requirement to have membership cards prior to entry into any tournament or prior to any seeding meeting.
* Altering entry deadlines for Sub-District or District Tournament
* Elimination of the state series waiver form.

When will the council make final decisions on the topics above?

Who run Bartertown!
Re: District Boundaries [Re: RichardDSalyer] #231086 08/06/14 03:59 AM
J
jule Offline
J
Hey, revolution this is the sad reality you are now in D4. You are now the unwanted one, your thoughts and opinions don't matter, your district rep is disrespected as are your parents coaches and wrestlers. Little Johnny in D1 didn't make it to state so it is D4's fault. So you have to drive 700 miles in a weekend to a tournament no one cares suck it up you choose to live where you live so deal with it. Cause little Johnny from D1 is much more important than any wrestler from D4. We will welcome you and all the other clubs with open arms but you have just stepped over to the dark side. Hope you have a thick skin you will need it.

Re: District Boundaries [Re: jule] #231102 08/09/14 03:22 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Everyone whining about this deal should consider the changes the previous re-alignment entailed. In that one, District 2 had to trade a district director (Juby), for a county or counties to be named later. The new re-alignment just completes the older agreement.

Re: District Boundaries [Re: sportsfan02] #231109 08/13/14 12:17 AM
S
Spexy Offline
S
Are we really talking about "boundaries"? Or who has to drive the farthest? Most know where the majority of wrestlers lie. D1, D2, and D3. Doesn't mean D4 has lesser wrestlers. But if you REALLY look at clubs that put together a QUALITY tournament, throughout the season, sorry D4, you're out. I would say the cut off line is I-135 and east with a couple west of there. Can't help or pick where you live, just a fact of life. In short, where you wrestle in high school will tell the tale. Give it time. Little Jonny in club doesn't matter, until high school season.

Re: District Boundaries [Re: Spexy] #231110 08/13/14 02:06 AM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
Spexy,
To answer your question YES we are talking about boundaries, and who has to drive the farthest, because that is what the thread is about. I am guessing since you only go to QUALITY tournaments in Eastern Kansas you don't attend the Hutch tournament, the Hays tournament, Gun Smoke Nationals and so on. If travel isn't that big of deal to you why don't you drive every weekend to make our tournaments quality we welcome you to Western Kansas.

Lance Geyer

Re: District Boundaries [Re: L.Geyer] #231111 08/13/14 12:16 PM
D
Daniel DRW Offline
D
I had to take some work visitors from Topeka to Salina yesterday, their comment was that wasn’t such a long trip….. I said well there is another 3.5 hours and a time zone to go if you want to see the rest of KS…….. Reality is western KS is large, spread out, with a smaller population so it has nowhere near the wrestler count that Wichita, Salina, JC, Manhattan, Topeka and KC have therefore some kids that wouldn’t make it out of a another Sub District are going to walk into state. It is what it is, earn your way in with the path given and deal with it. My wrestler not making it to the State tournament is not D4’s fault and I think most reasonable coaches understand that same thing.

I’m not real sure what you do about it other than keep expanding the boundaries east which obviously is not a popular choice either. There are many options or opinions out there about fixes but I have yet to hear or come up with one that works for everyone.

I would say the comments by Jule are a bit off and misinformed, D1 is not the evil empire here, there are enough people with personal agendas in a couple other districts also.

Outside the Hays tournament I can’t think of a large tournament west of Salina. (Hutch by many is still consider Wichita “area”). Again reality is western KS is large with very small wrestler counts. I grew up out there and still visit so I get it. They still have great wrestlers and they will get people in the State tournament that are not so great, fact of life, equally I’m sure they have some good kids that get left out, just not as many.

Stat of the day -- the most recent wrestler to sign with a D1 NCAA powerhouse was a D4 KS kids and HS wrestler!! I think everyone understands there are some dang good wrestlers out there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,939
Posts250,371
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)