Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Outdoor Challenge Camp in Valentine, Nebraska! #236350 05/16/15 12:43 PM
Bobby Bovaird Offline OP
OP Offline
It's going to be another great summer for Kansas wrestlers, with so many top quality camps being offered around the state. Make sure to take advantage of one or more of these opportunities. Check out our camp schedule below as another option. We already have a KS team and some individual wrestlers committed to one or more of these camps and we may be able to arrange car pooling.

OUTDOOR CHALLENGE CAMPS ANNOUNCE 2015 SUMMER SCHEDULE!
We have another great line-up of 3 top level camps for the summer featuring:

ST. CLOUD HUSKIES CAMP - July 5 - 10 featuring 2015 NCAA Div. II Coach Of The Year Steve Costanzo. The St. Cloud State Huskies were 2015 NCAA Div. II National Champions as well NWCA Div. II National Duals Champions

SUPERDUCK/CRAB RIDE/GRANBY CAMP
- July 19 - 24. Featuring Jeff Rutledge "Master of the Superduck" and Keenan McCurdy "Master of the ...Crab Ride".

IRON SHARPENS IRON CAMP
- July 26 - 31. Featuring Eric Akin, United States Olympic Team Alternate (1996 and 2000); USA World Team member; 3x Big 8 Champion and 4x All American for Iowa State University; 3x Kansas High School State Champion. For those looking for a Youth Camp the Akin camp has been combined as a Youth Camp along with our normal JR. High/High School camp. We already have some top 4 - 6th graders coming from KS, SD and NE.

FOR MORE ABOUT THESE CAMPS VISIT OUR WEB SITE AT: http://www.OutdoorChallengeCamps.com

Gifted Teacher
Head Wrestling Coach, Louisburg High School
Director of Coaches Development, USAWKS
Re: Outdoor Challenge Camp in Valentine, Nebraska! [Re: Bobby Bovaird] #236351 05/16/15 12:57 PM
Bobby Bovaird Offline OP
OP Offline
Last summer, I had a chance to take a group of my wrestlers up there, and we had a blast. Eric Akin was the clinician the week that we went.

I love how it's set up differently from other camps I've attended. They begin each morning with a log workout, then breakfast. Then we did the wrestling sessions with some outstanding technique instruction from the clinician and then we had some dual matches. Throughout the week, the boys get to engage in all kinds of outdoor activities -- river nerf football (this was great!), a paintball tournament, a military-grade obstacle course, camp fire chats, and a float trip.

Here's a team picture we took at Smith Falls on the float trip: [img]https://www.facebook.com/OutdoorChalleng...28086397208127/[/img]

I think it paid off pretty well for my team, and we're looking to head back again this summer. Last year, we met some great kids from Bennington Nebraska, Sargent-Burwell Nebraska, and Howard South Dakota.

Please consider checking it out -- I think you get a unique experience for your money, and it's right up the alley of typical teenage guys who just want to get out and scrap on the wrestling mat and then have some fun outside in the summertime.

Gifted Teacher
Head Wrestling Coach, Louisburg High School
Director of Coaches Development, USAWKS

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 124 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,924
Posts250,329
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)