Why learn to ride legs? I competed for 21 years, and as I got older I began to run into leg riders. I have never seen a wrestler who wasn't a bit apprehensive about his upcoming match with a wrestler known to be great at legs. One year when I was the head asst coach at Clarion University, I offered this question out to my guys. I said "there is 30 seconds left on the clock, you are in the biggest match of your life, and you are on top and up by a point, what would you do?" Every wrestler said they would put legs in. I said why? They said because it was the best way to hold down a great wrestler. I said.."Then why is it that none of you are leg riders? If you believe it is the best way to hold down a great opponent, then why haven't any of you taken the time to learn them? It wasn't long before we had a room full of leg riders. It is the one true way to hold a person down, and it should almost be illegal with the type off pressure you can apply on an opponent.

The 10th annual ground n pound dates are set, all info regarding the Kansas and Mo locations are on www.tonypurler.com