Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? #237660 11/13/15 11:22 PM
EastLancerCoach Offline OP
OP Offline
My experience with Blue Chip, A wrestling company!

May 1st is when my headache started. I was approved from my AD to order new gear. I contacted Blue Chip at the recommendation of a parent. The salesman was great he seemed to understand what I was looking for. I told him exactly what I wanted, 28 singlets, Warm UPs, Fight Shorts and a T Shirt. At first they made up 3 singlets I liked them but the other coaches did not. From this point forward it was a nightmare, I ask for an all black Singlet they sent me a mock up of a Black Singlet with Blue trim. After reminding them that I asked for an all black Singlet they sent me another mock up with an all black singlet but for some reason it had a Blue cuff around the legs. It took 5 mock ups for them to get what I asked for from the start. On to the fight shorts, I asked for black fight shorts with blue trim. The mock up they sent me was grey shorts with blue trim. I asked for a solid logo on the front with a faded logo on the back. I got a mock up with a solid logo on the front they ignored the logo on the back. I reminded them I wanted a faded logo on the back they sent another mock up with a solid logo on the back. The next mock up I received for some reason went back to the grey shorts. It took 6 mockups on the Shorts to get what I asked for the first time around. The T-shirt took 3 mockup the Warms ups took 4. At times I wondered if they were from overseas because what I asked for and what I got were two very different things. When we started this I was told they would make up a fan page for my Parents to purchase items. I was promised for months that this would be ready next week. Season starts on monday and I still do not have a finalized version. I finally had to send Gonz an email to get him involved he told me he would look into and get back with me that day, He did not! He has not responded to my last email. Everything I tried to design was a 6 or 7 step process. When this all started I was told of a promotion that if you bought a singlet they would give you a gear bag at no charge. When we FINALLY got an Order ready to go, I was offered 3 bags at no charge. I told him I needed 14 gear bags for the team I bought 28 singlets and I should have 28 gear bags. They ended up adding 14 to the Order at no charge. When the order arrived the gear bags were missing. It has been 3 or 4 weeks with no sign of the bags or an update as to when they will be shipped. They have given me some items at no charge to make up for their lack of customer service. I have sent of 100 emails and spent hours trying to get them to give me what I asked for the first time around. I will not be using them next season. I hope my items come in on Monday but I am far from holding my breath with this company. I have spent over $5,600 with Blue Chip and might as well gone to the guy on the corner selling Royals T Shirts. I would expect this type of customer service from him. Blue Chip is far from the professional company they appear to be.

Coach Baker
SME Wrestling Coach
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: EastLancerCoach] #237661 11/13/15 11:24 PM
OP Offline
If any one can recommend a good clothing company I would really appreciate it.

Coach Baker
SME Wrestling Coach
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: EastLancerCoach] #237663 11/14/15 12:35 PM
G
Gonz Medina Offline
G
It has been an honor to serve the Kansas wrestling community for the past 14+ years. I've developed countless friendships with our customers over the years and look forward to the opportunity to serve you all for many more years. You all are a key part of what makes this sport great. I'm always available and stand behind our work.

Your friend in wrestling,
Gonz Medina
gmedina@bluechipathletic.com

Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: Gonz Medina] #237664 11/14/15 01:08 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Blue Chip Athletic has provided our Kansas national teams, All-Class teams and my event teams with gear for over a decade. I have appreciated their dedication to quality and personal service. Gonz Medina is a top shelf person and wrestling advocate!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: Chief Renegade] #237666 11/14/15 02:02 PM
OP Offline
Chief
I would imagine they bend over backwards for the King of Kansas Wrestling.

This first year coach has not received the dedication, quality or personal service you speak of. Gonz is a friend of my Fathers, I have heard nothing but good things about him. I had a parent try to take this over from me this season. I told them Blue Chip is a wrestling company and for that reason they will get our business. That same parent has been asking me for the fan page for the last 3 months. I keep having to tell her my sales man says next week.

Coach Baker
SME Wrestling Coach
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: EastLancerCoach] #237668 11/15/15 12:50 AM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
Blue Chip has delivered every time for us in a professional, timely and friendly manner over the last 14 years. Without question great service. Treat people like you want to be treated yourself. Thank you to the Blue Chip Family and staff for all they do for Kansas Wrestling. Sean McCarthy

Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: EastLancerCoach] #237669 11/15/15 01:03 PM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
Blue Chip has always been a very professional company to work with for our club team. They have been our main vendor at our tournament the past few years and have gone the extra mile every year to design a great tournament shirt for us. Blue Chip is one of the few companies out there that give back to the Wrestling community. This type of service is nice to see as a youth club as we don't always spend the type of money that highschools and colleges do, but yet we continue to get the personalized and professional services from Blue Chip.

Lance Geyer
Hays Wrestling Club

Last edited by L.Geyer; 11/15/15 01:15 PM.
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: smokeycabin] #237670 11/15/15 06:26 PM
OP Offline
I AM BAFFLED BY YOUR TREAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED COMMNET. IF I TREATED THEM THE WAY THE TREATED ME I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD MY GEAR AT ALL THIS SEASON. THIS PROCESS HAS TAKEN OVER 7 MONTHS AND THEY STILL DO NOT HAVE MY FAN GEAR ORDER FORM READY. I HAVE HAD BROKEN DEADLINE AFTER BROKEN DEADLINE. EMAILS GO UNANSWERED. MY EXPERIENCE WITH BLUE CHIP HAS BEEN UNPROFESSIONAL. IM GLAD ALL OF YOU HAVE HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE, I HAVE NOT. THIS POST STARTED OUT AS A WAY TO FIND A GOOD/BETTER OPTION FOR MY GEAR. THANK YOU TO ALL THAT SENT ME PM

Coach Baker
SME Wrestling Coach
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: EastLancerCoach] #237671 11/15/15 10:00 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: EastLancerCoach
I AM BAFFLED BY YOUR TREAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED COMMNET. IF I TREATED THEM THE WAY THE TREATED ME I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD MY GEAR AT ALL THIS SEASON. THIS PROCESS HAS TAKEN OVER 7 MONTHS AND THEY STILL DO NOT HAVE MY FAN GEAR ORDER FORM READY. I HAVE HAD BROKEN DEADLINE AFTER BROKEN DEADLINE. EMAILS GO UNANSWERED. MY EXPERIENCE WITH BLUE CHIP HAS BEEN UNPROFESSIONAL. IM GLAD ALL OF YOU HAVE HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE, I HAVE NOT. THIS POST STARTED OUT AS A WAY TO FIND A GOOD/BETTER OPTION FOR MY GEAR. THANK YOU TO ALL THAT SENT ME PM

Not true. This post was a rant about Blue Chip, which from what you have posted was justified. Others, including myself have had positive interactions with Blue Chip. Not once in your original post did you ask for a "Good/Better Option". Call a Spade a Spade, but do it both ways.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: EastLancerCoach] #237672 11/15/15 10:35 PM
OP Offline
If any one can recommend a good clothing company I would really appreciate it.

BEESON WHAT DOES THIS SAY?

Last edited by EastLancerCoach; 11/15/15 10:37 PM.

Coach Baker
SME Wrestling Coach
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: EastLancerCoach] #237673 11/15/15 10:55 PM
Beeson Offline
[quote=EastLancerCoach]If any one can recommend a good clothing company I would really appreciate it.

BEESON WHAT DOES THIS SAY? [/quote

Pretty sure that was not in your original post...looks like an afterthought.

Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: Beeson] #237674 11/15/15 11:02 PM
OP Offline
It was 2 mins after I posted the O.P. I did not want it to get lost in my "rant"

Coach Baker
SME Wrestling Coach
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: EastLancerCoach] #237675 11/16/15 12:44 AM
Beeson Offline
Just giving my observation and opinion. Take it for what you will.

Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: Beeson] #237677 11/16/15 03:57 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Here is what I will say. I have great respect for everyone that has posted on this topic. The better way would have been to start out positive with I know Blue Chip is a company many people have gone to but I am interested in other options. Another thing, did you reach out to Gonz? His neck is on the line with this company, so if someone isn't doing their job he would get on them to get things done. Just thoughts from an old friend.

Miss all you crazy guys down south!

Swayz

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: Aaron Sweazy] #237679 11/16/15 01:35 PM
JCook Offline
WOW, a business that has a few problems. Blue Chip has taken care of the Middle & Elementary School Duals teams for years. Have we had some problems? Yes! Have I had to have things sent back to the design team? Yes, multiple times. Did they get it right? Yes! Have I had to get Gonz involved? Yes!! Will I have problems this year? I might!! Will they get it right? Yes! Please take a look at the organization that you work for? I would be bet that they have some of the same issues that Blue Chip and many other places that most of us work for.

Bottom line Blue Chip does a lot for our sport.
Keep up the good work Blue Chip!!

James Cook
Smoky Valley
785-212-0605
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: JCook] #237684 11/16/15 04:17 PM
Aaron Haselwood Offline
I have done a lot of business with Blue Chip here at Fredonia. Sometimes things that I have ordered have had to go through numerous mock ups, but I have always been satisfied with the final product. I get two or three catalogs from other companies in my school mail box every week and they all go straight to the trash.

Have they been perfect? No, over the past couple months communication has not been what it usually is but I chalk that up to it being one of their busiest times of the year. I don't think they're any less committed to my team, they're just slammed with everyone wanting gear. I will continue to do business with this company because of the amazing work they do as well as what they do for this great sport.

I am sorry you have had such a poor experience, but getting on this forum to bash Blue Chip and then arguing with other forum members probably won't get you anywhere with Blue Chip. Just my two cents.

Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: Aaron Sweazy] #237696 11/18/15 01:33 PM
OP Offline
I have reached out to Gonz a few times. I told my sales man I needed the fan page by AUG 26th because I have a parent trying to use another company. After 3 months of hearing it will be done next week my OP was justified. I am 3 days into the season and I still do not have it.

Coach Baker
SME Wrestling Coach
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: JCook] #237698 11/18/15 01:40 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: JCook
WOW, a business that has a few problems. Blue Chip has taken care of the Middle & Elementary School Duals teams for years. Have we had some problems? Yes! Have I had to have things sent back to the design team? Yes, multiple times. Did they get it right? Yes! Have I had to get Gonz involved? Yes!! Will I have problems this year? I might!! Will they get it right? Yes! Please take a look at the organization that you work for? I would be bet that they have some of the same issues that Blue Chip and many other places that most of us work for.

p
Bottom line Blue Chip does a lot for our sport.
Keep up the good work Blue Chip!!

I own my own business and I would never promise a customer something in August and not have it delivered by November. If you think that is ok, well we have very different core values.

Coach Baker
SME Wrestling Coach
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: Aaron Haselwood] #237699 11/18/15 01:48 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Aaron Haselwood
I have done a lot of business with Blue Chip here at Fredonia. Sometimes things that I have ordered have had to go through numerous mock ups, but I have always been satisfied with the final product. I get two or three catalogs from other companies in my school mail box every week and they all go straight to the trash.

Have they been perfect? No, over the past couple months communication has not been what it usually is but I chalk that up to it being one of their busiest times of the year. I don't think they're any less committed to my team, they're just slammed with everyone wanting gear. I will continue to do business with this company because of the amazing work they do as well as what they do for this great sport.

I am sorry you have had such a poor experience, but getting on this forum to bash Blue Chip and then arguing with other forum members probably won't get you anywhere with Blue Chip. Just my two cents.

Please forgive me if I came across as arguing. After 3 months of being told you will have it next week I could not hold back any longer and wanted the community to hear about my issues. I personally do not think I was arguing with any one! Well maybe with Beeson over a 2 min discrepancy (we have other issues Beesoon and I) I did think it was pretty cool he said My complaint was justified though. In my line of work you can not promise someone something for 3 months and not deliver. I would imagine that goes for just about any company. Good luck this season.

Coach Baker
SME Wrestling Coach
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: EastLancerCoach] #237700 11/18/15 02:24 PM
OP Offline
Update!!!!

After sending Gonz a very long click and paste of what I asked for and what they delivered over the weekend. I received a phone call on Monday from my sales man. He said that my workout gear will be delivered to me Tuesday. I asked if I could come pick it up Tuesday morning, he said he needed to double check and would get back with me. I recieved a call Tuesday morning stating that they were not done. In fact they had not even started. They were waiting for my Coaches gear to come in so they could print them at the same time. I reminded him that not even 24 hrs ago he told me they would be finished today and delivered to the school. I was furious yet again another promise gone broken. I RECEIVED A CALL FROM MY SALES MAN AT 9PM LAST NIGHT STATING THAT THEY GOT ALL 1OO ITEMS PRINTED TODAY! THE STAFF STAYED LATE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR ME. THE CLOTHES WILL BE DELIVERED TODAY. THANK YOU BLUE CHIP WRESTLING THANK YOU GONZ AND THANK YOU FRANK FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN.

Coach Baker
SME Wrestling Coach
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: EastLancerCoach] #237708 11/19/15 06:26 AM
H
Harry L. LaMar Offline
H
Lucas to answer your question about Blue Chip. Yes they are a wrestling company. Perhaps the best that Kansas has ever had. I have no idea how many bazziilin dollars worth of gear Gonz and crew have donated to Kansas Wrestlers! I will bet the ranch that no other company in Kansas can hold a candle to their support of Ks wrestling, ever. When Gonz first opened the company he would send gear to our kids that could not afford the gear, for free. that has always meant a lot to me,because I know what it takes to start up a company, and everybody you know has their handout. And he provided my wrestlers with an opportunity. Gonz was a champ in high school, a D1 Ivy school wrestler and should soon be a Ks hall of fame contributor!
Love ya Lucas but this should have been solved either over a cold one, or a headlock contest in Gonz s office! He would have bought the cold one, let you win the headlock, got your gear then bought you another cold one!
I hope you can settle this privately,
and blue chip can earn your biz again someday! Also Tell Gonz there better be a shirt in there for me, I am still growing and need an xxl.

It’s a great day to be alive
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: Harry L. LaMar] #237714 11/19/15 08:30 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Blue chip even helps a kids team clear out in District 4

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: Harry L. LaMar] #237719 11/20/15 05:54 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Originally Posted By: Harry L. LaMar
Lucas to answer your question about Blue Chip. Yes they are a wrestling company. Perhaps the best that Kansas has ever had. I have no idea how many bazziilin dollars worth of gear Gonz and crew have donated to Kansas Wrestlers! I will bet the ranch that no other company in Kansas can hold a candle to their support of Ks wrestling, ever. When Gonz first opened the company he would send gear to our kids that could not afford the gear, for free. that has always meant a lot to me,because I know what it takes to start up a company, and everybody you know has their handout. And he provided my wrestlers with an opportunity. Gonz was a champ in high school, a D1 Ivy school wrestler and should soon be a Ks hall of fame contributor!
Love ya Lucas but this should have been solved either over a cold one, or a headlock contest in Gonz s office! He would have bought the cold one, let you win the headlock, got your gear then bought you another cold one!
I hope you can settle this privately,
and blue chip can earn your biz again someday! Also Tell Gonz there better be a shirt in there for me, I am still growing and need an xxl.

Well said Coach LaMar...ditto on still growing here!

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Blue Chip A Wrestling Company ????? [Re: Aaron Sweazy] #237733 11/23/15 04:31 PM
I
insidetie Offline
I
We use Blue Chip for our middle school team and high school team. In addition to wrestling, we use them for both our soccer teams at the high school level. Nothing but good things. Granted, they get busy especially this time of year but the quality of gear is great and reasonably priced. I am sure they would remedy any problems you have.

Jerad Gorney
Assistant Wrestling Coach- GEHS
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Coach Davison), 97 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,924
Posts250,329
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)