Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
college #241265 05/03/16 11:53 PM
J
Jgreen Offline OP
OP Offline
J
can some one send me a link to all the college in kansas that have wrestling

Re: college [Re: Jgreen] #241266 05/04/16 01:16 AM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S

Re: college [Re: smokeycabin] #241267 05/04/16 01:17 AM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
Central Christian College and University of Saint Mary are also adding wrestling in Kansas.

Re: college [Re: smokeycabin] #241268 05/04/16 10:54 AM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Fea...rr-as-its-coach

Central Christian College adds wrestling, names Tom Carr as head coach

Print
By Jeremy Nelson, Central Christian College | April 17, 2016, 12:20 p.m. (ET)
McPherson, KS – April 15, 2016 – Central Christian College Athletic Director, Twiggs Reed, is excited to announce that CCC will be adding varsity men's wrestling to their list of sports for the 2016-17 season.

Central Christian College, located in McPherson, Kan., competes in the NAIA.

Once the decision had been made to add wrestling, the next step was to find a qualified head coach to build and lead the new program. Reed and the Tigers found their man early in the search process and have hired Tom Carr, currently an assistant coach at NCAA DI George Mason University, to be first head coach of the Tiger wrestling program.

Carr, is a 2004 graduate of Muskingum College in New Concord, Ohio, where he graduated with a degree in psychology and minors in business and speech communication. He has built quite an impressive resume in the 12 years since he graduated from Muskingum. He got his start in the coaching profession at Land O'Lakes High School in Florida. There, he served as head coach of the 35-person team that had three state qualifiers, one state champion and three AAU All-Americans. From there he moved on to become an assistant coach at Central College in Pella, Iowa. He spent a year at Central College and then took a position as an administrative assistant with the wrestling program at Michigan State. After two years with the Spartans, Carr became a fulltime assistant at NCAA DI Bucknell University. At Bucknell, Carr guided five nationally ranked wrestlers, three All-American finishers and six NCAA Division I qualifiers.

After a three year stint with the Bison, he was hired as an assistant coach at Minot State University, a NCAA DII school in Minot, North Dakota, where he helped start program from scratch. During his time with the Beavers, Carr earned a spot at the National Wrestling Coaches Association / Fellowship of Christian Athletes Leadership Academy. In 2013, Carr joined the George Mason wrestling staff as an assistant and has coached there the past three seasons. While at Mason, Carr has coached Four NCAA Qualifiers, hosted the NWCA All-Star Classic, won ten matches and defeated a Big Ten program for the first time in program history, and recruited the first top 20 high school recruit to Mason in program history.

"It is an absolute honor to be named the first head wrestling coach at Central Christian," said Carr. "I am grateful to Mr. Reed and President Hoxie for the opportunity and faith they have shown in me." He credited the many coaches and mentors in his life that have helped him along his coaching journey saying, "I owe a great deal to many people that helped me get to this point and need to thank Eric Reed, Roger Chandler, Tom Minkel, Dan Wirnsberger, Robin Ersland, Joe Russell and Kevin McNamee for their mentorship and friendship. I also need to thank the athletes I have had the privilege of coaching, who have now become personal friends, without you I would not have the opportunity to start the Tiger program." He concluded by saying, "I am looking forward to building a team that competes hard on the mat, performs in the classroom, and is a credit to the great wrestling tradition in McPherson, Kansas."

"I am excited that Tom has agreed to come on board as our new head wrestling coach," said CCC Athletic Director Twiggs Reed. "He is an outstanding leader and coach, an exceptional recruiter, and is the ideal person to lead our inaugural men's wrestling program. We look forward to having Coach Carr build a winning tradition with student-athletes on the wrestling mat and in the classroom."

Coach Carr will finish up his duties with the George Mason Patriots this spring, while at the same time starting to recruit for the Tigers. He will officially join the Tiger family when he moves to McPherson, sometime around the first of June.

Eligilble wrestlers, interested in joining the Tiger wrestling program should click on the link below, and or contact Coach Carr at 571.325.3628.

Recruit Form: http://goo.gl/forms/ImFZp1QJ28

Re: college [Re: smokeycabin] #241269 05/04/16 10:54 AM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
It appears that the University of Saint Mary in Leavenworth may be looking to add a wrestling program in the near future. Love to see my alma mater stepping into the wrestling community! Yet another, potential, opportunity for Kansas kids to continue to compete in the sport they love and receive a quality education!

http://www.stmary.edu/About-us/Employment/Head-Men-s-and-Women-s-Wrestling-Coach.aspx

Moderated by  RichardDSalyer 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 109 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,925
Posts250,344
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)