Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jeremy Struemph #242023 08/19/16 01:10 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I did not know Jeremy personally...

When I heard of his passing, many of my close friends expressed their shock and pain and filled me in about who he was. From where I stood, he always seemed like a man who was living every second of life as if it was his last. On the mat, he was one of those refs that you were glad to see on tournament day. As always, when this type of tragic news hits, my heart clings to God's word. If there's anything that should cause you to become discouraged or to lose heart, it would be to face death every day. To realize that even though you may be healthy, that this could be your last day. Even though you had great plans and you felt like there were things to do and there was some measure of necessity for you being around, there was the possibility of some pain and some suffering that could cause your death, to be able to look death in the face and say, "We do not lose heart," is to have ultimately conquered the greatest enemy. The Bible tells us in Hebrews 2 that Satan holds men bondage to the "fear of death" all their life long. It is the greatest fear. It is the ultimate fear. And when you come to the place where you have conquered that fear, you have conquered the ultimate enemy. And the apostle Paul could say that... "We do not lose heart."

And the reason he can say that is very important. He said this: "We look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen, for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal." The way you ultimately do not lose heart in facing death is to see it not from a physical way, but from a spiritual one.

This ultimate rest and peace in my life is the truth that Jesus Christ came from heaven to this earth, lived a perfect life and willingly died on the cross for the sins of the world.

I don't know where Jeremy stood before God. I do know that he will be greatly missed by many and it's time for all who knew him to rally around his family. These are the times that we all should take inventory in our lives, speak from the heart, work on our patience and caring for every one of our relationships. It's times like these that Romans 5 tells us, these trials bring about perseverance.

Pray for the Struemph family...

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Jeremy Struemph [Re: Chief Renegade] #242025 08/19/16 03:24 PM
RJW1 Offline
Heart-breaking news! I will lift Jeremy and his family up in my prayers. He was one of the finest officials and men that I have ever met.

Rick Williams
Colby High School
Re: Jeremy Struemph [Re: RJW1] #242026 08/19/16 03:51 PM
Travis Phippen Offline
Jeremy was a good friend. Many may not know, but he was an avid skydiver with over 3000 jumps and over 600 BASE jumps. I believe he still has the Kansas Record for most jumps in a day. He was a coach, trainer, and mentor to many within that sport, and also spent countless hours helping wrestling officials too. He worked at iFly in Overland Park. He has a wife and a child that will be born in the next 5 weeks. A Go Fund Me has been set up for expenses for his wife. IFly has committed to matching everyone's contribution.

https://www.gofundme.com/struemphfamily

Re: Jeremy Struemph [Re: Travis Phippen] #242028 08/19/16 08:50 PM
K
Kit Harris Offline
K
Tragic. He was an amazing person, full of life and positivity. He was a wonderful official and even better person. Can't find anyone who disliked Jeremy. He was great for our sport.

This is very sad for his wife and his soon-to-born daughter. We can only hope this little girl grows up knowing how amazing of a man her father was, and I am sure she will.

Thanks for the link Travis!

Re: Jeremy Struemph [Re: Kit Harris] #242029 08/19/16 09:05 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Oh my gosh. I can't believe this. Jeremy and I worked together many times over the years, including several state tournaments. I always appreciated his sense of humor and his technical skill as an official was top rate. I am shocked and saddened by this loss of one of the best in the state in our officiating ranks. You could always tell how big of a passion he had for the sport that was only equaled by his love of skydiving.

I'll never forget the first time I saw him eating dry oatmeal right from the package, or how many laughs I had in the officials room listening to him tell stories of matches he had officiated during the season.

Prayers for his family, wife and soon baby girl.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Jeremy Struemph [Re: Nigel Isom] #242030 08/21/16 12:13 AM
PatrickCavanaugh Offline
RIP friend. Definitely one of the good guys.

Patrick Cavanaugh
785-249-3440
Re: Jeremy Struemph [Re: PatrickCavanaugh] #242034 08/22/16 02:53 AM
Thompson Offline
What a tragic loss! Jeremy was an outstanding official, always professional and very skilled in what he did. It is very sad that he will not be there for his newborn. I am sure with all of his positive energy that this loss must affect a very large group of people. For us, this is a huge loss in wrestling, for his family it is an unfathomable loss of a great Dad and husband.

The Go Fund Me link Travis listed is one way for all of us to show our love and respect for Jeremy and his family.

Last edited by Thompson; 08/22/16 02:54 AM.

Tate Thompson
Head Wrestling Coach
Pratt High School
Re: Jeremy Struemph [Re: Thompson] #242035 08/22/16 01:59 PM
B
BrandonPigorsch Offline
B
Any information about services for Jeremy?

Brandon Pigorsch
Head Wrestling Coach
Clay Center Community High School
Re: Jeremy Struemph [Re: BrandonPigorsch] #242040 08/23/16 10:42 AM
Cokeley Offline
I always looked forward to talking with Jeremy. The sport will truly miss him not only for his on the whistle capabilities but for his uplifting attitude. This is a huge loss for Kansas wrestling and the Cokeley's thoughts and prayers go out to his many, many friends and especially to his family.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Jeremy Struemph [Re: Cokeley] #242044 08/23/16 05:07 PM
Coach Brown Offline
He was a great guy and a great official that will be missed in the Kansas wrestling community! The KWCA and the KWOA are working on something very tasteful and respectful to remember him...an award this year and hopefully one that will continue in his name.

Jason C. Brown
Head Coach Anderson County JR/SR High
jbrown@usd365.org
Re: Jeremy Struemph [Re: Coach Brown] #242048 08/24/16 12:46 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Jeremy's wife posted the following today on Facebook:

Hi Everyone. It's Bri again. We've finalized the details of the Celebration of Life service for Jeremy. The service will take place at 1 PM on Sunday, September 4 in the Woodruff Auditorium on the 5th Floor of the KU Student Union Building (1301 Jayhawk Blvd, Lawrence, KS 66045). Parking is available in the garage behind the Union. The University is opening the Union just for us since this is a holiday weekend, so only two entrances will be open, the entrance from the parking garage and the front entrance on Jayhawk Blvd by the Jayhawk statue. This is not a formal affair, but rather a gathering of all who love him to come together in remembrance and to remind each other how lucky we all were to have known him. With that sentiment, please dress to your comfort, but I would encourage as many funny t-shirts, cargo shorts, and sandals (with socks!) as possible to remind us all of Jeremy and to make me smile. In lieu of sending flowers, please just continue to embody the man we all know and love. Be kind to each other, hug someone (or everyone!), and be generous and sincere with your love every day. At the service, connect with each other and smile and laugh at the stories and memories we can share about Jeremy. That is what will make this day a celebration of memories, and that is what will help us find gratitude through the grief. I am grateful that he was my husband, and I am grateful for all of you. So much love and hugs to you all. Baby girl and I hope to see you there.
For those traveling in from out of town, you may find more affordable air fares through the Dignity Bereavement Travel Program. Just call 1-800-224-4177 and they can assist to help you find the cheapest fares available.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 91 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox, Coach Lueders, forty
12296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,911
Posts250,304
Members12,296
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)