Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Rusty Report, Ag. 2017 #247436 08/15/17 05:05 PM
usawks1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Unfortunately the graphs from the Survey Monkey did not copy! If you want to see the data, please send me an email request!! usawks1@gmail.com

AUGUST 2017

TO: SOUTHERN PLAINS COACHES & STATE LEADERS
FR: RUSTY DAVIDSON
RE: NATIONAL COACHES COUNCIL

Coaches and Leaders,
I hope you’re celebrating the success our Junior World Team had. Is the Southern Plains Kickin’ Ass… or what ? Get pumped for some great results from Paris, and then from our Cadets in Athens !
This update focusses on your input to the State Leaders at their recent Colorado Springs Summit, as well as the decisions they forwarded up the food chain, to the JOWC and, ultimately, the Board of Directors.
I have to tell you, they’re already calling this the “FARGO Summit” ! I think it’s fair to say, there was some interesting, often heated, debate, regarding several of the ‘Jigsaw Puzzle’ pieces that define our premier event. I applaud the contributors and the debate. I have some deep concerns with some of the outcomes. But, that’s for me and my State Chair. Please make the most of your own Chain of Command !
First, your input. With the help of Tony Black, USAW State Services Director, we distributed a Survey Monkey instrument to a total of 780 Coaches, registered in Fargo. We got timely responses from 280 (that’s 36 per cent). That number gave us ‘Validity’, which is important. We are encouraging all stakeholders to work at making their decisions Data based, rather than Emotion based.
Please see, next, the bar-graph results of the instrument. NOTE: If the graphics are too small, adjust your VIEW to 200%. Please also note, I am NOT computer magician enough to combine several snips on a single page. Apologies ! Please scroll through several pages.

Thank You ! to the 280 Coaches who took the time to fuel the fire. We’re about to take a look at the outcomes of all the discussion in Colorado Springs. In some cases, let me advise: Pour yourself a drink; Go to the room that does not have very many sharp things; Sit down; Hit the drink, pretty hard, at least once; Breathe; Remember NOT to PANIC. Everything will be OK !
Seriously… What I’m presenting you are the large generalizations that came from the State Chairs. None of the Details are fixed. We have experts, in our Events and State Services departments, that really DO care about your kids ! Ready ?

*In 2018, we will wrestle Freestyle Men First, Greco Last
*In 2018, the Womens' Duals will NOT be contested in Fargo (During the same event as the individual tournaments)
*In 2018, the First Weigh in, for Each Style / Age Group, will, OPTIMALLY, take place the evening before their competition begins
*In 2018, All Matches in the Championship Bracket and Medal Matches will consist of Two THREE-MINUTE periods
*In 2018, All Non-Medal Matches in the Consolation Bracket will consist of Two TWO-MINUTE periods

Last edited by usawks1; 08/15/17 05:08 PM.

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: The Rusty Report, Ag. 2017 [Re: usawks1] #247437 08/15/17 05:19 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Randy,
Do the issues at hand extend beyond the changes you have bullet pointed? If so, what would the major issues be?
Thanks

Re: The Rusty Report, Ag. 2017 [Re: sportsfan02] #247438 08/15/17 06:15 PM
usawks1 Offline OP
OP Offline
First, this is not my report! It is compiled by Rusty Davidson!!

The following is my opinion!!

"Fargo" is a living, breathing, beast of its' own!!

There are several layers to its' structure. It starts with all the various committees which include the Coaches Council (which Rusty is representing) Several committees make recommendations to the State Leaders council, who just met in Colorado Springs. From there, recommendations are made to the Junior Olympic Wrestling committee and then finally to the Executive Committee which makes the final decision!

Then it goes to the Tournament Management Staff to make their decisions happen.

There are several questions ... is "Fargo" too big, too long, include too many tournaments, when are weigh-ins, how do we make it more efficient, etc.?

Some of these questions are answered in Rusty's report! Rusty does a great job of outlining the big issues. Of course, the Coaches Council sees things through their own glasses ... and the checks and balances of USAW ... has a few more sets of eyes, look at proposals!

I will echo what Rusty surmised ... we truly have a great set of leaders that have the best interest of our kids in mind!

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Re: The Rusty Report, Ag. 2017 [Re: usawks1] #247439 08/15/17 06:26 PM
usawks1 Offline OP
OP Offline
... and I would be remiss if I didn't follow up on the Leadership portion!!

We are amazingly fortunate to be among the States that truly has an impact on the decision making of USA Wrestling! We just got back from Colorado Springs where myself along with Will Cokeley and James Bilby attended. However, we are led by Mike Juby and his wife, Kathy! They truly represent all of us (Kansans) at the highest level!! Mike sets on many committees. Among them are his elected position as the Chair of State Chairs and the Executive Council! Mike frequently uses the word "US" in his presentations. Kansas is the "US" he most often refers to. Mike and Kathy Juby make me proud to represent Kansas!!

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Re: The Rusty Report, Ag. 2017 [Re: usawks1] #247440 08/15/17 08:36 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: usawks1
There are several questions ... is "Fargo" too big, too long, include too many tournaments, when are weigh-ins, how do we make it more efficient, etc.?

I would be interested in hearing the opinions of the Kansas contingent, both past and present, as to these questions and any others that come up.

Moderated by  Coach T.Gonzales 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 140 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,935
Posts250,366
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)