Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Folkstyle Nationals #249094 02/16/18 02:46 AM
M
MRGRAPPLER Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Folks,

Hopefully the season has gone well thus far! High school regionals this weekend, high school state next weekend, and Kids State in five weeks what not to like.

Looking for some grapplers who are ready to hit the mat and finish off their folkstyle with a “bang”. 2018 USAW Folkstyle Nationals is a sponsored and endorsed tournament by USAWKS. This event is in Cedar Rapids, Iowa at the UNI Dome.

Funds are budgeted from USAWKS each season to assist in organizing and subsidizing a group from Kansas to attend this event. I will not know the exact cost until we know the number of interested wrestlers. Based on previous numbers we are looking at two different contigents (high school age) and youth (middle school) an estimate cost would be $175 for underclassman and youth. To encourage our seniors for one last folkstyle run cost is $75. We will be looking for coaches from central Kansas and east Kansas based on logistics of course yet if you wanna help please let me know. But we will need some coaches to help of course.

Cost includes:
Transportation from Wichita/Topeka/KC to hotel, arena, and back on Saturday. (Bus or vans based on participation. Goal is to exceed 20 wrestlers both groups.)
Lodging: TBA
Team Gear – tshirt and work out shorts (must be worn during the duration of the event!!)
Seniors will be given a competition singlet (deal gets better) and Cadet/Schoolboy singlets will be $40 (red and blue either or).

We will depart on Wednesday morning (weigh-ins Thursday for High School/wrestle Thursday-Friday), we will depart next contingent Thursday (K-8 weigh-ins/wrestle Friday and Saturday) and depart Saturday once wrestling is finish. Based on past years we will be getting back late both Friday and Saturday night.

This tournament is based on school grade vice age (1st and 2nd grade, 3rd and 4th grade, etc.), no weight allowance for any age group, and five lbs increments for 1-8TH grade (USA Wrestling weight classes) and standard high school weights.

Please email me directly at the following address southcentralpunishers@gmail.com if you are interested and mail a security deposit of $100 to the following address below no later than March 1st (first deadline). Deposit is non-refundable.

James Bilby
1350 N Countrywalk Ct
Rose Hill, KS 67133

Information (each wrestler will have to register themselves as this is not covered in the fee)
Information
http://usawevents.sportngin.com/folkstylenationals

Registration
http://www.trackwrestling.com/registrati...uspfzwkbypmdmok

Best way to get ahold of me is via email or give me a call/text at 253-678-1760. As always any questions please ask of course.

Thank you,
James Bilby

Cheers,
Mustang Bilby
"Lace-up"
Re: Folkstyle Nationals [Re: MRGRAPPLER] #249714 03/06/18 04:12 AM
M
MRGRAPPLER Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Folks,

Still looking to for wrestlers and coaches that want to attend. Time is running out.

Cheers,
Mustang Bilby
"Lace-up"
Re: Folkstyle Nationals [Re: MRGRAPPLER] #249899 03/13/18 11:48 AM
M
MRGRAPPLER Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Folks,

Finalizing details and logistical movement this weekend. If interesting in riding up with Team Kansas please let me know and send me an email at southcentralpunishers@gmail.com. Taking all age groups to this event.

Cheers,
Mustang Bilby
"Lace-up"

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Kramer), 154 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,928
Posts250,357
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)