Please be ready to display your 2019-20 credentials in order to receive your coaches bands. There will be NO exceptions this year!

Any coach wishing to be on the floor needs to present a 2019-20 USAW Wrestling Leader Membership and MUST have their Bronze Certification. You must also have a valid photo ID.

The following excuses are invalid and will receive no sympathy from the volunteers who are checking out coaches bands:
-- "I've been coaching my kids all season at tournaments without my bronze card."
-- "I'm the only coach with my club who can coach my kid this weekend."
-- "I didn't know I needed a bronze card."
-- "I left my card in my car / at home / at school / at work / whatever."

Here's what we will say in response to these excuses:
-- "This is state, not some local tournament. You need your bronze card."
-- "If you need someone to coach your kid and you haven't fulfilled your coaching obligations, we can find a coach to be matside for him/her." (I personally make this offer 2-3 times each year at state)
-- "It's been a national standard and Kansas requirement for 20+ years. Where have you been?"
-- "You can access your profile at www.usawmembership.com and take a screen shot of your membership card to show us. No ID? Sorry, no coaches band."

Head coaches and club directors, please pass this information on to your programs.

Gifted Teacher
Head Wrestling Coach, Louisburg High School
Director of Coaches Development, USAWKS