Hey ya' all ... a bit of update from Fargo!

The Jubster and I arrived last evening about 6 pm and met up with Coach Peterman. We also saw Coach Bogren and Coach Ogden and a few of the gals that represent Team Kansas.

This morning, a bus load of Cadets arrived. They are all registered and re-charging their batteries. They have a practice session this afternoon!

Every year I talk a lot about the anticipation! Chief has already supplied you with his opinions. I don't have much argument ... but will echo, those Cadets AA's from last year will have a tough road to hoe when they move up to Juniors! And of course, it is all in the draws!!

The 160# class as well as the 135-pounders will find the competition very tough indeed!

And a real tough 285 class may have gotten a bit easier as my information says that Atticus will not make the tourney.

Every year we have a few surprising individuals that seem to rise to the occasion. Also, we have a couple of "our studs" that will really struggle this week.

Over the years I've lamented over the fact that gaining "All-American status" is too easy in certain situations. However, if you achieve that rank in Fargo ... you have earned it!!

I can't help but remember we have had wrestlers in the past that were 0-4 in a given year. But in the following year, they were National Champions!! Perhaps someone that didn't garner a win last year will be the Champ this year!!

We will see!!

Last edited by usawks1; 07/18/08 06:14 PM.

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant