I think our biggest problem is dedication all around whether it be the kids, coaches or even in some cases the parents. I think one thing that would be a big help is if more clubs offered summer wrestling programs. That would make it more available to kids that may not be able to make it to the few cities with clubs. I think we also need more tourney's. It's hard to get mat time when there's only a handful of tournaments offered in the state before the big tourneys come up.

Another thing I think hurts our results is that it doesn't seem like our kids take as much pride in Fargo as some of the top tier states do. Our kids are focused on high school state a whole lot more than Fargo, which is understandable. Other states though like Ohio, New Jersey, Pennsylvania to name a few, have a lot more pride when it comes to Fargo.

I think we've got the wrestlers, and the coaches to be able to wrestle with any state in the country though. We just haven't made it over that hump yet. I think with a little more dedication out of everybody will get us up and over the hump and we'll be right there with the top 3 states.

Curtis Chenoweth