To qualify for 12U this year you have to have been born between 9/1/96 and 8/31/98. This is 2 years no matter how you count (24 months, 104 weeks, 730 days, 17520 hours, etc). It makes no difference where you put the dividing line it will always be two years. n7m13c19, if your boy was born on July 1st, the oldest boy in the bracket could only be 668 days older than you if you are on the bottom side of the age and potentially 303 days older than you if you are on the top side. Just looking at the days of the calendar year, there are 8.493% (62/730) of posible days your son could have been born that are worse than your sons in terms of USAWA-KS birthday cut off. No matter where you draw the line...somebody will be in a similar situation as you.

I personally believe keeping the USAWA-KS age cut off consistant with when kids start school is the best...I have one son with March 27th birthday. If I wanted to look out for him, I would say why not make the USAWA-KS birthday cut off line be your age on the first day of the qualifying series? Any one of us could make an argument why one date on the calendar is better than the other. But in my opinion, if you break any situation down to "actual age" I don't think saying that an "11 year old is wrestling a 13 year old" is a very logical reason to shake things up.

Last edited by Mark J Stanley; 03/24/10 03:01 PM.