Chad
I disagree!
I think they wrestle for a bunch of COMBINED reasons!
Incentives, awards, trophies, a tee shirt, to be called "All American", the size of the printed bracket, competition, the love of the sport, cause their parents make them, or whatever...
Everyone wrestles for a different reason.

I guess I don’t think of big awards like other people do! I look at them as a "Congratulations and Thank Yous" from the club that held the tournament. Tell me some one that would rather be at a restaurant where the waitress says "thanks" or they say "Thank You Very for your business, I hope to see you again real soon"!
When you run a tournament you are in the service of others. It truly is a hospitality type event. You try very hard to make your tournament an Excellent EXPERIENCE! The award is just part of it.

Another point...
If you had to spend $35 for an Oklahoma card to go to JOC, Tulsa Nats, the Kickoff plus all the other OK tournaments then you wouldn’t do that? Sure you would!
I’m not trying to sound like Don King but whatever we can do to promote KS wrestling and its WRESTLERS is going to be a good thing somewhere down the road! It just takes someone to step up and be first to try!

"If you do what you have always done then you will get what you have always got"
Ks Wrestling is GREAT! Why not try to be even better?
Some people could jump on here and say well don’t start there, start here, or fix this first. Well lets all just start somewhere!