Beeson,

I know you know how the OK series works. The series tournaments are the club tournaments with a contract with the series. They simply agree to abide by a few additional requirements. So club tournaments would not be affected. You could do the series with as few as 4 tournaments or 11. Whatever, they decided is right for us. Moving the series tournaments around and allowing the different clubs to host would benefit them as well as the wrestlers. OK clubs don't run from one end of the state to the other for 9 weeks doing these. Some are well attended and others aren't. So it pretty much evens out in the end.

As far as the bigger national tournaments are concerned. They are not well attended by KS wrestlers as it is and I don't think that is going to change next season. I wish I was wrong about that, but no. For that matter, Sprawls, Hays, Salina or Park City some of our bigger tournament could be considered a series tournament if they so choose to be a host or are selected.

There are a lot of possibilities here and it should not be disruptive to anything that isn't already working. We have done the OK series stuff for 2 years now and my son has gotten shirts both years. We are poor and we make do, so the money thing is a bit arbitrary. We go where the competition is not the other way around.

Thanks, Troy

Fortune assists the daring.