Originally Posted By: Beeson
Top 6 did not accomplish anything unless it was at State.

no one is asking you to change your coaching philosophy chad. i got into some trouble for being a ha, this year too. we agree on some things about winning championships, but there is no real harm, let it happen.

we all know that there should only be one person leaving state happy, the champion. this won't take away from that at all. it will simply do as bockover said (can't believe i agree with him), make some tournaments a little tougher. it won't make every bracket tougher, but it will help some.

i coach a group of kids who have NEVER wrestled at maize, this year they went and won some belts. i was upset at first because they were trophy hunting, i made my position known. then i saw the brackets and the kids that came from all over, and changed my stance. i am proud for their accomplishments, and they know that. i still don't care for the belts, but i am a grown man, with a shoe box full of medals.

when i showed those medals to my 5 year old he loved it. "WOW DADDY THOSE ARE COOL YOU MUST HAVE BEEN GOOD!!" when my nephew showed him the belt "WOW BRANDON THAT BELT IS AWESOME, YOU ARE THE BEST!!" i won't forget that, and will remind him in a few years that only one tournament really matters, but for now, it is what it is. to be the best you have to beat the best, there is always that 1 in 100 chance, so go find the best, and give him your best.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"