A few points:
1. I love the idea of combining styles at one tournament. If you go on Track Wrestling you will see that a lot of other states already have tournaments with combined styles. These are very popular and very successful.
2. A lot of people have got on here and defended the current Triple Crown series in Kansas.
I think Bockover was originally talking about a series type of events or combining some of the bigger tournament with a points system. There is only ONE Triple Crown in Kansas and that won’t change.

IMO
This series idea has a lot of potential and merit. I understand ALL of Chads points here. And some of them are very legit concerns. But we are already seeing some serious concerns with our sport. So many tournaments are having to cancel or reschedule, the entry fees going up so people are doing less tournaments, clubs really having to do some out of the box ideas for fundraisers to stay a float.
We have a few choices...
There are only so many weekends in a season and sometimes we have as many as 7 tournements in one weekend.
Either lenghten the season so more clubs can schedule tournaments for funding ( I really dont want to do that).
OR
Find ways to combine tournaments and let clubs work together and reap the rewards. This will also create much larger and stronger tournaments. Plus it will result in more profitable and better staffed tournaments. And if giving points and additional rewards to wrestlers that go to multiple BIG tournaments and consistently do very well, well I dont see whats wrong with that.
If we want to spread it over the whole state or one district wants to step up and do it, then so be it. I know some of these kids would love to go to tournaments week in and week out and see more then just the same 3 kids. Either your club travels more extensively or you do something to draw competition to you.

PLease keep all the comments coming! Positive or Constructive!