Originally Posted By: HEADUP
this doesn't make sense.

I'm sure it doesn't to some, which would include you.

read your statement: "there is NO planning because all of us are limited on dates we can access facilities"- there has to be some planning, to fit in the limited date. if we all throw our hands in the air and believe it's going to fail, it will.

I don't need to read it, I wrote it! No planning is required that pertains to this silly idea and moreso, none that anyone who has never run a tournament or belongs to a club that doesn't, would understand.

when did anyone say there was only one tournament with full mats?

Where did I say that anyone said that? Rather, someone said that one of the benefits to this idea was larger wrestling surfaces. I simply pointed out that there are tournaments out there already wrestling on full mats. You just have to look for them instead of the bling.

You seem to go completely off track when you can't find a supporting point for your arguments. Please try to stay on point! Again, several people support exactly what I am saying but you choose me to argue with?
There are a couple of things which I can tell you and the other supporters of this idea.
1. Most clubs have one or two dates (at most), that they can access their facilities for a tournament. There is NO planning, that is what it is. If a nearby tournament has the same date then one of you could be in trouble.
2. There is no "co-opting" because there is not enough money in it. Money is what makes our tournaments work. Take the money out of the equation and there will be NO tournaments!