i'm not arguing with anyone, sportsfan. i just couldn't follow your point. where i think you are mistaken is thinking that i/we haven't hosted a tournament. we hosted 3 this year a novice, an open, and subs. we had small turn outs at our novice and open for the reasons you state, NO planning. that doesn't mean that we should never plan again, or strive to do better.

i have thanked you plenty for coming up with the opposing views many times, however i saw no supporting facts with this one.

i'm not asking for any tournament to change from their one or two dates. all i am saying is take one or two of those dates and work it out so you don't conflict with someone else's one or two dates. it is simple, some just make it difficult

communication- call your neighboring club presidents and share information, it's NOT HARD. work together instead of alone, it's called TEAMWORK. the fact is we've done this in SEK FOR YEARS, and it worked the last few years clubs have gone away from this concept.

give me the facts to support your last statement- how do you know there is no $$$ in co-oping? have you tried it? seems like if two tournament have lower #s and lower $$$ a coop tournament isn't going to take anything away from that. i don't know we have never tried it, but you haven't given much as far as facts go, just the same IT WON'T WORK excuse.

the facts i showed were that there are always ways to improve, and it takes ideas from all sides to make something work. another fact is people fear change, it's not a character flaw, it's human nature.

what's that cael sanderson quote about learning, changing, and evolving.....and learning a quick and painful lesson? if we aren't willing to work together, and willing to make changes for improvement, WE WILL FAIL.

i'm not saying, if we don't get this done, ks wrestling will fall, i'm saying we need to continue to brainstorm and come up with ways to improve. i don't understand why you oppose this suggestion, like i've read from you many times "IF YOU DON'T LIKE A TOURNAMENT, OR HEAR IT'S NOT GOOD, THEN DON'T GO TO IT."

sportsfan no one is asking for your approval here, and if you don't want to be a part of the series then don't. keep in mind though if it works out and you ever change your mind, we will let you sign up. btw i'll let you know next year when our tournaments are, come by and let us know what you think.

lastly: get over yourself.... i quoted beeson too, and he didn't take it personally or take offense. just differences, get used to it.

Last edited by HEADUP; 04/03/10 02:51 PM.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"