here are my ideas for making kansas a better wrestling state. Start at our normal time of the year. kids state needs to be done the week before highschool state so those little kids can actually go watch the highschool state and that would generate quite a bit more money for the highschool programs. then after highschool state the freestyle and greco could get started and i think you would get more kids to start doing those 2. i for one would do freestyle and greco if the regular season was shortened up. I think the series is a good idea but has lots of questions. I really dont think it will change the way we run tournaments right now. All we do is get 5 or 6 tournaments to be ran as the series. I dont think a tournament every week needs to run part of the series because yes that would probably kill a couple tournaments each week. those big tournaments are where the kids are already going so i really dont think it will hurt any of those other tournaments if its not already doing that. Clubs just need to watch that they try not to get too close to those big tournaments on that same weekend. These are the tournaments that would be a good choice and shouldnt hurt anyones numbers. Derby, Maize, Sprawl, Salina, West kansas classic and Park City classic. Then if someone on that east side would get the east Kansas Classic that would be great. You dont have to add it as a tournament but just change the name of the tournament you already run. I still state that Pittsburg state would be a great place to have it. surely someone in the Kc area could find a place to have it. As far as having several clubs run a tournament. Chad is probably right about not getting along because some people just have that ego and do not listen or want to be told what or how to do something. I do like the idea of getting the kids in the same room at times. other times I like the small club we have cause we have 5 coaches and 15 kids. that one on one is great. I would also love to be able to travel out of state as team kansas and not 20 kids all from different kansas teams.

Scott Bockover