Originally Posted By: Beeson
The soulution is simple, but it is going to hurt alot go egos. There are too many clubs. District 1 has at least 18 clubs that should join together with other clubs, bringing the total club count to around 62 instead of 76. District 2 has about 17 clubs that should join together with other clubs, bringing the total club count to around 32. District 3 has 7 and District 4 has 4. I am guesstimating on District 1, 3, and 4. There could be more.

agree with your thinking 100%, but still don't see a solution here. what are you going to propose that each district is only allowed a total of 64 clubs? you are absolutely right there are too many clubs trying to run tournaments, but there is an easier solution than trying to limit the numbers. its communication, and cooperation. i urge the district reps to take charge and provide a schedule of events at the first district meeting of the year, challenge clubs to get their dates in on time, so ALL clubs can have the same opportunities.

calling it a series championship, isn't any more a ridiculous idea than tulsa nationals, big horn nationals, dixie nationals, brute nationals, folkstyle nationals, or liberty nationals, etc. do you really think those are a true national tournament? are ALL the toughest kids in the nation there? are they hurting wrestling? i really don't think so, but some might think so.

why does anyone go to those tournaments. FOR THE COMPETITION. i don't see the harm in expanding tough tournaments throughout kansas. i think park city, salina, are good, as well as hays, we need a big tournament back in topeka and the four districts could be covered, and should have plenty of wrestling space, motels, etc. it's not that different than what it is now. call it what ever you want, you are making too big of a deal out of this.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"