I agree with you Mike. I think the season is fine as it is, and if you want to make it shorter, well I had a suggestion on that a while back and didn't get much feedback. Ditch the Subs, have four District tournaments, two Sub-States, and State. As far as the after State season, the ones that do freestyle and greco, I applaud them for sticking with wrestling that many months of the year. They will likely be the wrestlers that show the most improvement the next season. As for my son, Jr High track and club soccer now, baseball soon, and on to trying to make the High School soccer in the fall. As I have said before, and I am a wrestling junkie, he will probably not be the best High School wrestler in the State, but he should hold his own.

One more thing on his plate, continuing to get straight A's in the classroom (the thing that I am most proud of). As far as the day when he gets his first B, or heaven forbid a C, he will not fall into that category of kids that can't cope with not being the best. I believe that wrestling has already taught him that, as well as the other sports he has been involved in. Until then, he has been a State Champion in the classroom, but has never placed in State in any sport.

Lee Girard