Originally Posted By: HEADUP

give me some suggestions, i have a few of my own, but am looking further. please offer up some positive feedback.

As long as you and others are ONLY interested in looking for the "competition", there is no answer. People of that ilk will continue to take their wrestlers out of state or in some cases just out of district, to the detriment of the rest. There are other ways to find "competition", as we have noted, like wrestling up in age or weight. But the fact is, the trophy/bling hunters would never consider those options. And when I say "hunters", I'm talking about adults. You will never make me believe that most kids are motivated by trophy/bling unless it's a learned thing. Like I said, some people are all about raising the bar. Right up to the point where they are asked to pull.
This is no different than the people who complain about the length of the season but yet are out there competing week in and week out from October till April. Then they ask us to regulate them from doing that. I don't need to have the season over by the high school state tournament because me and mine will always be there watching the big guys wrestle, regardless.