So like Bishop Carroll holding their tournament and districts and Derby does their open/novice tournament and novice state, that’s all OK in your book? That’s not a "Monopoly" in your book?
I think if a club wants to step up and do an open and qualifier then its ok. Yes it would be nice for a club without a tournament to be able to do one of these but someone’s got to step up and do it?
I’m asking so I can get an understanding of what people’s definition of monopoly is.
I mean people can choose not to go to Subs right???

Definition of monopoly is: A situation in which a single company or group owns all or nearly all of the market for a given type of product or service. By definition, monopoly is characterized by an absence of competition.

So Subs and districts? Is that not a monopoly?
Novice State? Is that not a monopoly?
6U State? Is that not a momopoly?

I’m not saying it is, I’m just trying to understand your definition.

Just like people would have a choice not to attend a series tournament. A series might just be the next step in the evolution of our sport. Remember about 3 years ago when Team Haysville started letting trusted clubs do home weigh ins and that kinda evolved into satellite weigh ins.
Everyone feared it! OMG!!! People are going to cheat the process and that is not in the tradition of our sport and blah blah blah.
Now its one of the things that is helping our sport grow.

I would ask that you being the D2 president not to be so quick to come on here and shoot things down so quick. You carry a lot of pull and that is why I am so very glad that you hold the position that you do. All I ask is that see the whole picture before you gun it down.