Originally Posted By: BLT
This is not set in stone so don’t freak out...
The details are not exact either but it gives an idea as to what we are looking for.

To be a part of the Kansas Series a club would have to do a few things:

1. Part of every entry would go into a fund to pay for the end of the year recognition. Some clubs let their own wrestlers wrestle for free at home events. They would still be responsible for paying the series fee. Oklahoma does $1 per entry. I think we would try to shoot for the same amount.

2. All results must be accurate and would have to be turned into USAWKS and the series coordinator within 72 hours of the end of the tournament.

3. All series points’ brackets will have to be single brackets. No multiple brackets per weight unless you are running a novice tournament as well.

4. All series events must offer a 14U division.

5. All series events must offer all weight classes for each age division. Yes weights can be combined but only if they follow allowed weight difference guidelines.

6. Be a part of a preseason tournament scheduling meeting to try to maximize dates and locations throughout the state. A weekend can have more than one series tournament on the same weekend if they are far enough apart.

We will also look at rules about the number of certified refs per tournament.
We would also like series clubs to be willing host and allow satellite weigh ins.
We would also like series clubs to be willing to assist other series tournaments with table workers or other personnel if needed.

There would also be bonus point criteria available:
We would also like tournaments to offer an Outstanding Wrestler Awards for each age based upon a consistent series criteria.
We would also set up a weighting system based upon size of bracket or number of matches wrestled or if it is a bracket that has wrestlers from multiple districts.

Please look these over and provide any feedback you can. ANY suggestions on tweeking or adding criteria is welcomed.
I think all of these criteria strengthen the credibility of a series tournaments and awards wrestlers for seeking and wrestling tough brackets.

The more thought people put in to this series the more this topic is dumbing me to death. I've yet to see a benefit for kansas wrestling. Its just seems like a kansas wrestling version of Goverment health care. Something select few are trying to jam down our throats

913-314-4529

Jon Trowbridge
Ive never had the fear of getting beat thats how most people lose.