I have been giving this some thought as I am sure many of us have and haven't put our two cents in. I can understand why some would want this series, but Chad makes some very valid points that can't be overlooked.

I would like to add this...When our club goes to a tournament, we go as a team with one exception...Salina. We split and have our less experienced kids go to Hoisington. That particular weekend is a nightmare for our coaches. One of these two tournaments (Hoisington or Salina) will not have enough coaches to adequately handle the number of wrestlers signed up. Additionally, some us dads/coaches have to miss our kids tournament to coach the other tournament.

If we have several weekends where we (the entire wrestling community) are FORCED to choose the series tournaments over what we normally choose to attend, I think possibly we will have parents of kids who aren't ready to attend these "toughter" tournaments get discouraged because they might feel like their kid is getting over looked. I think it's quite possible that clubs might split because of the hard feelings this may cuase. Just a thought...this might be a little extreme.