First I just want to say that my reply to your post was a honest one. I would NEVER fault you for taking your club or kid to a different tournament if you honestly did it for the betterment of the kids. I understand your point Chad. I undertsand all the points made on this issue. I just think that we have a group of highly motivated people in some key spots in this organization and maybe now is the time to try some new things and push some new ideas.
I can only speak from what I know... I'm not saying Haysville is Louis and Clark but we have been some of the first clubs to try new things for the betterment of our sport.
Five or Six years ago someone asked Haysville to try laptops at each table. They did it tanked and chased away a lot of people.
Then they asked Haysville to try a split format. At first people complained now its the standard.
Then we tried satellite weigh ins and seems to be catching on.
Last year we tried a girls division and it didn't work out that well.

Point I'm trying to make is sometimes someone needs to step up and try new things. If you want a district scheduling meeting then we will help. If you want to run a series we will help. Mat side weigh ins I don't know maybe we can talk. If someone has ideas then let them fly. But its always people gunning down everything and never attempting to suggest anything. It makes people not even want to try. I just think the sport needs to evolve and I just don't see it happening.
I won't give up on this. I'm going to listen to ideas and maybe tweek it a little and keep pushing change.