Originally Posted By: BLT
I understand ALL of Chads points here. And some of them are very legit concerns. But we are already seeing some serious concerns with our sport. So many tournaments are having to cancel or reschedule, the entry fees going up so people are doing less tournaments, clubs really having to do some out of the box ideas for fundraisers to stay a float.

I did some research. Kansas has around 85 local tournaments to choose between during the year. 7 Cancelled this year, or 8.25% of the tournaments. Kansas basically has 14 weeks of tournaments.

Okalahoma had 40 local tournaments to choose between during the year. 4 Cancelled this year, or about 10% of the tournaments. Oklahoma has basically 17 weeks of tournaments.

I do not know how many tournaments that Oklahoma had before the series was implemented, but I would bet it was more than 40. They only had 36 local tournaments make this year. I can also say that the one series tournament we attended this year only had about 450 kids. The other Oklahoma tournament we went to had about the same numbers.

Kansas averages around 5.6 tournaments a weekend, or about 1 in every district. Oklahoma averages about 2.11 tournaments a weekend, or a series tournament and one other. To me it looks like the series is taking over in Oklahoma. If your club is not a part of the series, your club better find another way to fund raise, because you wont do it with a local tournament.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary